⤷𝟡𝟙: 𝕦𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪 𝕖𝕟𝕕.

love is an untamed force.

if anything was certain in life, it was this.

and it's a fact.

low and behold: love was, and will always be, an untamed force.

the word is always thrown around, without holding the weight of its full meaning. it's tossed around, from here to there, love, love, love. and even though the word 'love' has lost its meaning in casual conversation... its true form is always there.

it's always existing. from the corners of every room to the beautiful stars in the night sky.

it's there. no matter what.

"i love you."

your friends chuckled.

"that's only the fiftieth time you've said it today," atsumu smiled back.

you pouted. "did i tell you i love you?"

kageyama sighed in defeat. "you're impossible. the surprise hasn't even happened and you're already this happy?"

you were all gathered in your dorm, where kageyama had explained everything about the next few days.

you gazed over at the boy you loved.

(there's no point in denying it from yourself anymore, is there? you really did love him.

...even if he doesn't know it.)

"of course i'm happy!" you chimed. "how could i not be?"

the holiday break of the semester would be over in a few days. (ah, more stress incoming.) and to mark the end of an era, your friends had planned a surprise.

well, according to them, it was kageyama's plan.

he planned out a tokyo trip.

with everyone.

absolutely everyone.

the whole butter squad, your idol friends (even now you've fallen into using the term—), and...

kageyama even invited oikawa.

it seemed that they had figured things out, after all these years.

much like how you and kageyama did.

you've all come so, so far.

the tokyo trip would last three days, and as always, the whole thing is a surprise. which means that all the events that were planned are currently hidden from you.

nonetheless, you were the happiest person in the world.

and also the luckiest person in the world.

"i love you."

kageyama laughed gently. "and that's the fifty-first time."

amidst the entire scene, you didn't notice the small, almost...sad smile on suna's face.

and it wasn't until suna stood up with a sigh that you finally noticed the pained look on his face.

"suna?"

he paused, as if debating something internally.

suna looked over at osamu.

osamu nodded, as if sensing that... it was time.

time for what, you didn't know. but between miya osamu and rintaro suna, they both knew that it couldn't wait any longer.

suna was only human, after all.