⤷𝟝𝟘: 𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕡𝕠𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕤

"oh, how the tables have turned."

that phrase describes your exact life at that moment in time.

{ okay, technically it's a clause, i know, i know. we're ignoring all grammar today bc it's wild in here. }

and honestly, you weren't sure if the tables have turned for you or against you.

probably against you.

because really, you didn't know what would've hurt more. standing next to him, or taking the punch.

if you thought about it, taking the punch probably would've been less painful.

it hurt a hell of a lot more to stand next to the boy that broke you.

that's how much everything still ached.

but then again, you were still really fucking grateful that you did not land yourself a punch to the face.

in silence, you watched as kageyama directed his anger right at the stranger.

to say the least, the stranger was fucked.

like...big-time.

in the next millisecond, kageyama pulled his arm back just to direct a punch right at the unknown man's face.

and kageyama hit him square in the jaw, causing the stranger to stagger while falling backwards.

it was like he punched the man using his hardest jump serve, where the man's face was the equivalent to a volleyball.

(his 'oNe-hUndRed-aNd-tWenTy kiLomEtRrs pEr hOur' serve, fyi.)

ouchies. that's gotta hurt—

oh well. that asshole deserved it.

kageyama grabbed onto the stranger's collar, lifting the now terrified stranger back up.

"touch her again," he snarled. "i dare you."

the stranger choked in fear before nodding furiously.

clearly, this stranger was nothing more than a speck of dust when standing in front of kageyama.

(who wouldn't be? the title of being one of the most promising university athletes in all of japan isn't something to be taken lightly... not that you researched kageyama's titles. you don't do that.)

in any other circumstance with any other person that wasn't kageyama, you would've probably fallen in love with whoever defended you at such measures.

it was just unfortunate that it had to be kageyama.

and of fucking course, you were grateful. you probably would be grateful for this for the rest of your life.

but being simply grateful wasn't enough for you to want to talk to him ever again.

{ stubborn asf. istg, our stubbornness is at the same level as like eren jaeger or katsuki bakugo. maybe we kin them. }