⤷𝟠𝟜: 𝕞𝕒𝕤𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕕𝕖 𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕘𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖

remember how you said you hated parties?

(a very vivid image of an unenjoyable experience—ending with conflicting advice from no other than jeon jungkook—may or may not come to mind.)

well, whatever the case was, that's changed. as in, you might not be as inclined to use the word hate when describing parties. 

to be fair, it has been ages since your first university party, and if we're being honest, the gathering tonight could hardly be called a party.

it was much more elegant than a simple frat party where the end goal was to get wasted and high. (or in some cases, both.)

but this? this event? this was a ball.

a masquerade ball.

let's repeat it again, just for emphasis.

a masquerade ball. yes, one of those things we see in medieval movies, the one with the prince charming and dramatic dancing. yeah, that's what the night included.

and even if you can't dance for shit (you can't), even if everything goes to hell (it probably will)...

elegance is still found in the air.

and something about the entire event provided you a sense of freedom.

maybe it was the masks. it sort of does hide half your face, to be fair—and it's kind of freeing, being able to slip through the crowd without much thought.

"question."

your best friend gazed at you through his mask. "hm?"

"is there a plan to this?"

atsumu shook his head. "nope. ever since the last athlete party, the organizers decided that was a bad idea—which it was—so instead, they've decided on a ball. each of us was allowed to bring plus ones again, for something more...classy, i guess."

as classy as drunk university students can get, i suppose.

you looked around.

"i can't tell who's who."

suna looked amused. "that's kind of like the whole point."

to say the least, everyone was staring.

mostly at your friends...but also at you.

now, it was already a known fact that you have pretty friends. and now said pretty friends in suits?

...kind sirs, please leave some oxygen for the rest of us in the room.

atsumu had surprised you with your dress, for the occasion. you weren't even sure if it could be called a dress—it was a whole gown.

a stunning one, at that.

laced with light pink, the dress flowed down to your feet. and there you were, with your hair tied up into a messy bun, and a golden masquerade mask over your eyes.

"stop being so hot," osamu whispered in your ear. "people are staring."

you nudged him lightly. "i am 100% sure they are staring at you."

osamu smiled. "if anything, they're definitely not staring at tsumu."

brotherly love<3.

atsumu rolled his eyes. "shut up. i have more fangirls."

suna scoffed. "they have bad taste."