C h a p t e r 21

Chapter 21 : MadelynThursday, July 22nd, 2021

Thursday, July 22nd, 2021

I woke up the next day to find myself laying in bed in a nightgown I don't remember throwing on.

I recognized it as my own, but I'm not exactly sure when I got home or how I got into my room.

Did I really sleep the whole time?

Shifting over and onto my side, I glanced at the alarm clock on the table displaying it was a quarter past eight.

Groaning at how early it is, I roll back onto my front, pressing my head against my pillow in frustration.

I seriously can't believe last night happened.

It was everything I wanted and more and Caleb, Alec, and Xavier were the ones to make it happen.

I don't think I'll ever be able to find what happened last night with anyone else, but even if it turns out to just be one time thing, I will forever be grateful for it.

In the distance, I can hear Hailey working her way around the kitchen, probably mentally preparing herself for the presentation she put together for some big shot client she's been working with recently.

Wanting to wish her luck before she leaves, I force myself out of bed and open my door to find her perfectly coordinated and ready to go whenever.

I wish I had her energy at this time in the morning, but I'm still waiting for that day to come.

"Hey—" I start, but I'm cut off abruptly when she quite literally freaks out at the sight of me.

"You're finally awake! I've been forcing myself not to barge in for like the last three hours."

Three hours? She's been up and moving for three hours?

I just give her a tired smile, plopping myself down on the couch by the TV.

"What? You don't have any news to share?" She laughs as she follows and sits next to me.

I kind of love that I actually have someone to talk to about this now.

No one has ever really cared, and as much as I love Jolene, I will never in a million years initiate a conversation about my sex life with her.

Holy shit. Alec's her nephew.

I don't know how I forgot about that fact, but it's only sinking in now.

"Come on, how was your night?" Hailey asks, waiting intently for me to answer.

"It was a little nerve-wracking if I'm being honest, but in the best way I could have ever imagined." I tell her.

It was challenging and freeing all at once.

"Who was it with?" She questions, causing slight confusion to pass through my mind.

"I figured you knew based on how you're reacting right now," I joke, curious as to how she even knows I was with them. Maybe she was awake when they brought me back?