C h a p t e r 79

Chapter 79 : XavierTuesday, September 14th, 2021 (2:45 AM)

Chapter 79 : Xavier
Tuesday, September 14th, 2021
(2:45 AM)

She left us.

Madelyn was gone and her note made it sound like she wasn't coming back. Because of that, I wasn't either, at least not the same man I was when I was with her.

I wanted to believe Vincent was responsible for this—that there was no way she would take off my ring—but she did. No, my father didn't force her to leave, because he was currently waiting for me at the Base, and only he knew how to get into our house undetected.

The timing was too short to have gotten back here undetected, and Marcus had bigger plans than grabbing his daughter right now.

It was true Alec, Caleb, and I kept him out of harm's way, but when I got to the Base with every intention of letting out my anger, I was shocked to find Heidi Adams—Madelyn's mother—tied to a chair in the basement with her mouth gagged shut.

Already waiting for me, Vincent gave a smug smile that even after all of these years still made my skin tingle in discontent, motioning for me to join him in front of the two way glass.

I'd come here to fight in the rings below to let off some steam, but instead I learned that the assignment yesterday still went through as planned with replacements for the three of us already ready to go. But like Madelyn warned, Marcus had seen them coming.

Vincent and his men caught Natasha Monet, Marcus Adams' decoy who was now dead, and none other than an incredibly terrified and tired Heidi.

"What is she doing here?" I ask, hating that I was distracted enough to get myself into this situation. I can barely think right now, and just the sight of my father's face makes me see red.

Crossing my arms as I take in the bloodied disaster of a woman in front of me, I can't even feel pity for her knowing how much she's hurt her daughter. I didn't like the fact Vincent had her, though.

"I'll admit, Natasha was quite smarter than we'd expected. She escaped before we could get her down here, but it wasn't for nothing. We found this whore about a block away, drunk and talking about how she needed to speak with a man named Tobias Adams—that he could save her relationship with their daughter."

My blood ran ice cold as I continued to stare right ahead, refusing to react at the mention of Madelyn.

I swear to god, if Vincent had anything to do with her disappearance I would kill him with my own bare hands.

I know Caleb and Alec are out there looking for her right now, but I knew I would be no help to them in the state I was in right now. If there was any chance of me getting Madelyn back, there were things I had to do first that couldn't wait.

Humoring Vincent for just a little longer was one of them.

"And what use is she to you?" I question coldly, focusing on the way Heidi's arms trembled so hard you could hear them against her restraints.