C h a p t e r 72

Chapter 72 : MadelynSunday, September 6th, 2021

Sunday, September 6th, 2021

"You have to promise you won't freak out though." I bite my lip mid smile as I turn my head to look at Hailey.

Even with my words, she seems like she's about to explode with interest and blatant curiosity.

The spa day Hailey had promised me before my flight to Detroit had been decided to happen today, or more importantly, right now.

"Girl, this is my calm." She laughs, shaking her head as the colour settings on her pedicure bowl change along with the jet pressures.

Honestly, apart from the excited look in her eyes, I'm pretty sure the both of us were one second away from just melting into these seats and never moving again.

It's been way too long since I've gotten my nails done, and in combination with the lotions and different gels, my body was practically glowing from all of the pampering.

"Remind me again to thank Alec for this after you spill whatever it is that has a permanent smile across your face." Hailey not so subtly prods, but I can't help but agree to the first comment.

We had planned to go out to the nail salon this afternoon together and then grab a bite to eat, yet two women showed up at our door instead saying they were a mobile spa service sent here at the request of Mr. Sawyer.

I hadn't even told him our plans, and yet here they were saying they had been paid to be here until 4:00 for whatever we wanted.

I love that man.

Speaking of which...

"It's... I guess I'm just really happy." I grin, my mind going back to that night with Xavier for the millionth time in the last multiple days.

I'm not going to lie, so much of me broke along with him when he chose to open up about his past, but I was admittedly thankful I could understand things a little better now. I meant it when I told him he would never be alone again, not just with me, but with Alec and Caleb too.

And when Xavier eventually fell asleep in my arms, I knew that what we had would be forever.

"Things are just going really good for me right now." I say, not bothering to try and hide my blush of happiness at the admission. "It's crazy to think about, but I think these men are it for me."

In some unreal way, the idea of spending the rest of my life with them feels like a dream that is very quickly becoming a possible reality.

"Yeah?" Hailey smiles, clearly more than happy for me. "You know, I think you're it for them as well."

I don't know why a part of me is shocked by her words, but I guess it's just easy to forget they were all friends as well for years before I came into the picture. Everything about New York has just felt natural for me to settle into, and while Caleb, Alec, and Xavier didn't come into my life softly, I can't think of having things any other way.