C h a p t e r 22

Chapter 22 : MadelynThursday, July 22nd, 2021

Thursday, July 22nd, 2021

Opening the front door, my heart quickens at the sight of my dates dressed in suits and waiting for me patiently on the porch.

"Hi," I breathe as three pairs of eyes look me up and down, hungrily taking in my body as I do the same to them.

"Darling, you look—"

"Hot," Hailey abruptly interrupts, "She looks fucking hot."

I can feel the heat begin to rise in my cheeks at her words and based on how the men are looking at me right now, they don't disagree.

Muttering a thank you, I give a small smile before bending down to secure my heels into place around my ankles.

When I stand back up, now a few inches taller, I find Alec already holding out his arm for me.

Taking him up on his offer, I say goodbye to Hailey before looping mine in and around his.

Alec seems more than satisfied by this, and when he leads me out of the house, I find a long black SUV parked out front with a driver in the front seat.

Looking up at Alec, he smiles at my slight confusion.

"Parking isn't very easy to find where we're going. And this way, we'll all be able to talk to you without having to focus on the road as well."

Before I can think of a response, Xavier opens the door for me, revealing an interior very similar to what you'd see in a limousine.

Ducking inside of the vehicle, I take a seat on the far end of the long couch.

I reposition my dress again once I'm sitting down, more specifically the slit that leaves a long strip of my right leg bare.

Alec, Caleb, and Xavier in that order follow me inside.

"So... where are we headed to?" I ask when the car starts moving.

Caleb smiles, "Have you ever heard of the River Cafe?"

Holy shit.

"We're going to Brooklyn?"

________

We were indeed driving to Brooklyn for dinner at one of the fanciest restaurants there.

Bookings go up to a year in advance, and the place even has a dress code for the guests.

Noah and I saved up and made a reservation here to celebrate our anniversary this month; who knew that I'd come here with not one, but three other men.

Pulling up out front of the restaurant, my breath is stolen from me as Alec offers me a hand out of the limo.

The establishment has a direct view of the Hudson River, Brooklyn Bridge, and Manhattan skyline, all from within the building and outside on the patio.

"It's almost as breathtaking as you are," Caleb voiced in my ear, low enough that only I could hear.