C h a p t e r 70

Content Warning: This chapter contains light consensual non-consent (CNC) themes, as well as knife play. This kind of material is not something everyone is interested in reading, so this is a warning to skip this chapter if you're not comfortable (or read with caution).

Sexual Content Warning ⚠️

Chapter 70 : MadelynThursday, September 2nd, 2021

Thursday, September 2nd, 2021

It has been four days since I last heard anything from Xavier, but I feel like at some point enough should be enough.

I didn't hold his need to be alone against him, because I truly understand the feeling, however short texts and bland responses weren't enough for me.

I'd been gone for an entire week without seeing him, plus these additional four with the exception of the two hour plane ride back from Detroit.

Either way, I was worried, and sad, and I missed him.

Xavier didn't deserve to be alone through whatever is happening, and today was the first day he initiated texting me, telling me he was safe and just finishing up some paperwork at Rush.

His mistake was that he believed I would wait until he got back to his house to see him.

While I was still staying at Hailey's and had been since I got back, Xavier wasn't allowed to just block me out completely and then act like everything's  fine when he finally decides to show up again.

I knew he was hurting, and it was the only reason I wasn't mad, but I still wanted to see him, even if he didn't want to talk.

My mind had been made up, and as I walked straight past the bouncers at the back entrance, I prayed to God he was genuinely okay and not physically hurt as a result of whatever it is he does during these trips of his.

The usual receptionist, Cassidy, wasn't there as I moved through the lobby, but that was the only thing I'd noticed between the decision of getting in my car and now as I stood in front of the door to Xavier's office.

Please let him be okay.

While I knew the password to the lock, I still knocked as my breath held in wait.

He had to have known it was me because I doubt there are very few people who have entry to this hallway in the club, but the pause had me second guessing if he was even actually on the other side.

Debating just walking away, I almost gave up at the same time I heard the click of a lock and the twist of a handle.

My heart skipped a beat as the door slowly opened, but it was the man who answered that had me tightening with uncertainty.

Xavier's large body leaned against the frame as I took in his appearance—the accurate representation of whatever demons he's been fighting these last few days.