C h a p t e r 34

Chapter 34 : XavierTuesday, August 3rd, 2021

Chapter 34 : Xavier
Tuesday, August 3rd, 2021

I can't feel a single part of my body right now.

Nothing.

I barely acknowledge the blood currently dripping off of my body, both my own and the blood of my two most recent kills.

Numbness. Numbness is the best word to accurately describe the way I am right now.

Despite that though, I can still recognize the rapid beating of my heart, and the adrenaline pumping so strongly through my veins, my body is reacting before my brain can consciously give the command.

Dodging the skilled swing of the knife slashing down at me, I grab the back of the man's neck, forcefully smashing his head hard against the concrete containment of the arena.

I hear as his bones shatter under my grip and watch as his blood splatters out violently upon impact.

While I know he died the second his head hit the wall, I continued, making a point to every other participant in this ring and showing them exactly what they're dealing with.

The Grim fucking Reaper.

Only once the man in my grasp is completely limp and ruined to the point of being unrecognizable do I stop, throwing him to the floor at my feet.

Eyes dark and body covered in the blood of my opponents, I turn to face the witnesses, an evil grin appearing on my face.

I find great satisfaction in the looks of pure terror in which those around me are showing, the onlookers seated above going crazy and cheering me on for winning them money.

Betting is expected during events like this, influential people from all around the world coming to witness who has the potential to become their newest recruits, as well as the many weak links failing and continuing to fall dead at my feet.

Sure we were drugged and forced into this arena, but it is my sixteenth birthday today and I know that this is the final stage of my training.

Within the hour, I'll be the one to come up on top and finally become an official member of the Italian-American mafia.

I abruptly shoot up in bed, my entire body tensing and readying itself to fight off any oncomers rushing my way.

I'm soaked in sweat and shaking in rage, the familiar urge to kill becoming stronger and stronger with every second.

I know I need to get downstairs and into the gym before I take out my bottled up energy on the first unlucky victim to cross paths with me.

It wouldn't be the first time, though I do what I can to make the most recent occurance my last.