// Palace //

Continuing your walk around the palace. You turned to the right, bumping into someone's back. The tall man turned around, you immediately recognizing that black her and purple eyes, Kye-Sook.

Kye-Sook was a military strategist who worked around your place, ever since you and he were young.

"Ah! My adorable little sister!" Next to Kye-Sook was your brother, Soo-won. It seemed like the both of them were speaking about something serious, you could tell because the moment they spotted you, they had a change in expression.

"Kye-sook! Hii! What are you doing here?" You ignored Soo-won who began playing with your hair. Kye-sook, lightly patted your head for a few seconds and then stopped to answer you.

"Lady (Name). Greetings. I was here for some official business, nothing serious." You smiled at him, and then turned to your brother, who had nearly braided your hair.

"Morning! Were you busy?" Lightly resting your forehead on his chest, you could ever-so lightly hear his heartbeat. He hummed before answering.

"Not at all! What's more important than my own sister? Anyway, Hak and I had a date with the horses, would you like to join?" You were planning to decline, wanting to let the guys have some alone time, but then you remembered last night.

Oh, how the both of them were up till almost 4 am last night alone, together. Plus even if you gave them alone time, Yona was bound to get up and chase after her precious Soo-won. So you agreed.

"Yes! Let's go!" Soo-won hummed in agreement, while you lifted your forehead off his chest and headed towards the stable.

"Well then Kye-sook, we'll chat later." His tone caught you offguard, it was surprisingly serious, his tone went back to cheerful in no time. You brushed it off, hoping it was just a fluke.

"Bye bye, Kye-sook! Let me do you hair, next time!" You waved your hand, goodbye. As the ever-so serious Kye-sook offered you a teeny tiny smile.

"Till later Lord Soo-won. Goodbye Lady (Name)." Kye-sook turned the opposite direction, heading towards the library.

"Don't forget about letting me do your hair!!" You called out to him, while Soo-won chuckled. Kye-sook ignored you, continuing his path, but if you were to see his face, you would see remains of a smile.

Soo-won walked behind you this time, while you happily skipped ahead. After glancing behind you, you slowed down, matching his pace.

"Hey, is it me? Or does this place seem a bit different? Like there's a lot less guards. And the guards are all new faces, I feel scareddddd." You wrapped your hands around his arm, while you spoke.

However it was true, the palace was changing bit by bit and it was happening right under your nose. It felt like the calm before a storm.

"Don't worry too much! I promise no one will hurt you!" He held out his hand, for you to hold. While you quickly placed your hand on top of his, interwining fingers.

Soo-won made a mental note to warn the guards, guarding you to make sure not a single hair on you is harmed.

A silence fell over the two of you, as you both continued walking towards the horse stables. The silence being comfortable and not awkward at all.

Soon, you could see the stables appear. Letting go of Soo-won's hand, you rushed towards the stable. Soo-won watched you go, and walked slowly behind you, towards the stables.

"Hey slowpoke, you took forever." Hak appeared from behind a pillar, greeting the Lord. You looked back to see if your brother was following, but spotted Hak, and rushed back.