// Kai Empire //

When Hak woke up, he was drenched in sweat, his heart racing and pounding against his chest. He couldn't shake off the lasting image of his dream. Soo-won, holding a weapon in his hand, not only aiming for Emperor Il, but Yona and even (Name). What worried him most was that he wasn't strong enough to protect the people he truly cared about.

Despite being so anxious, he got up, heading straight for the tent you were in. His anxiousness only increasing, when you weren't in the spot you were supposed to be sleeping at. His heart pounded even more, as he began to look around.

It wasn't long until he saw you, sitting upon a large rock staring at the beautiful moon. When you heard a presence walking towards you, you instinctively turned around, relaxing when you saw Hak. He walked towards you, his heart still racing. Because the rock was so tall, you were a few inches taller than him.

He stopped right infront of you, and when he did, you noticed the sweat covering his face, the anxiousness and fear in his eyes and how he clenched the part of his shirt where his heart was.

Without saying a word, you reached out, caressing his cheek. He leaned into your warm palm, closing his eyes. You moved the hair that stuck to his forehead before leaning down and brushing your lips against it. When you made eye-contact with him again, he moved closer towards you, embracing you. His arms wrapped around you, as did yours. And this time, it wasn't your head that resting against his chest, but his that resting against your chest.

It wasn't until he heard your beating heart, that his own heart slowed down, his eyes becoming tired, his body relaxing.

🌺🌺🌺

"I have decided where our next destination will be." Yoon announced, catching everyone's attention. Everyone turned towards the strawberry-blonde haired boy, curious to hear where the place would be. "We will.. head to the.. Kai Empire for a while." He continued nervously, glancing around for a reaction. "The Kai Empire?" You asked, to confirm it once more, which Yoon responded with a nod.

"That's the enemies location, Yoon." Yona started, a little nervous too. "This is not like you Yoon, you're more cautious." Kija continued, adding to Yona's point. "Something has peaked my interests. Since the land is north of the fire tribe, the place is much colder. And perhaps, there's a chance we can find a plant that can be harvested in the fire tribe too." He rambled on and on, as all of you keenly listened.

"Isn't it dangerous for the princess?" Jae-ha asked, he would have mentioned your name too. But then he glanced at Hak who devotes his entire being to you. You would be safe either way. "Yeah.. we stand out as it is. Which is why the thunder beast and Yona along with (Name) can stay with Ik-soo as I and maybe Jae-Ha, Kija or Shin-ah get what we want." Yoon informed us, as Zeno asked about himself.

"You're going for the sake of the empire, aren't you? I'm going if you're going." Yona said, a smile you've rarely seen on her face. Yoon smiled, expecting this answer. And then everybody turned to you. "Oh. Well, if I could be any help, in helping those people from those villages or changing this place just a bit, I will gladly come." You calmly told him, which Yoon again responded with a smile. "I thought you two would say that. Then, let's head to Kai Empire."

🌺🌺🌺

The eight of you stood in-front of two great canyons. Only a old, wooden, tattered, close to broken bridge connecting them. "If we can cross this bridge, and then the mountain after the bridge, we'll reach Kai Empire." Yoon informed, glancing at the following surroundings. Jae-ha had already searched around and this was the only way we could cross these canyons.

"It hasn't been used in a long time, so watch your step." Yoon once again, stated. "If it's Yoon, Yona or (Name).." Jae-ha started only being stopped by a Kija who without saying a word, stepped onto the bridge. You didn't know if he was brimming with confidence or just wanted to get this over with.

Unfortunately for him, the second he stepped onto the bridge, the wooden plank beneath him snapped. And he went falling. "Kija!" Yona yelled, as you moved ahead, desperately trying to catch his hand. But before he could fall any deeper, Jae-ha caught him. Barely holding onto him.

"Like I was saying.. if it's Yoon, Yona or (Name).. I would save them even if they fell. The rest of you guys would have to deal with yourselves.. was what I was going to say. But here we are." Jae-ha mumbled, a little nervous and relieved that he was able to catch the poor man. Kija who was finally helped onto his feet, quickly started praying. "Are you alright, Kija?"

"Yes.. my life.. flashed before my eyes.. like a merry-go-round. It was quite an.. enlightening experience. My life was full of old ladies.." He mumbled the last part under his breath, his eyes looking dead. "If it was such an interesting experience, we would be sad we only saw your back." Hak commented.

"Get over here you dark dragon! I'm going to strangle you!!" Kija replied, extremely annoyed. Yoon handed you all, a large, proper, neat and strong looking wooden plank before saying: "I knew something like this would happen, so I bought a large plank. Put this in the gaps." He told the men, infront.

You guys all started walking slowly on the bridge one by one, Hak waited till it was your turn, firmly but also gently holding onto your hand. "I don't know much about Kai Empire, all I do know is they're known for their vast territory and large military force. We won't know much until we actually get there, until then I'll tell you all about what I do know." Yoon said, a little excited.

And so a new journey had started, as you all regularly built up tents, or found food and other good resources, Yoon did the cooking while half the men were sent out to find resources the other half sent out to look around and protect you all. Yona and you barely getting anything to do. It was a different type of an adventure, a fun one.

🌺🌺🌺