// Shady //

Hak tied the shawl over your face tighter. Currently, the eight of you had come back to Kouka. Specifically an area of the fire tribe called Saika. To avoid as much suspicion as possible, you all had cloaks and shawls over your faces. Everyone except Yoon and Zeno since they didn't stand out as much as you all.

Yoon and Zeno headed towards the next shop of shady back alley, only the people in that shop were smoking and had assumed they were children. "Oh! A child, did ya get lost, kid?" A tall old dirty man asked, draping his hand over Yoon's shoulder, as Yoon struggled to get away.

Another man appeared, a smirk on his face as he rested his elbow above Zeno's head. "Come here, we'll help you!" The other man said, his tone teasing. "Do you want some booze?" The man who had his arm around Yoon asked the two of them.

But before things could get any worse, Jae-ha placed his hand above the man's shoulder. "Please don't touch them with your dirty hands. The two of them are with me." He said, a dangerous look in his eyes, his tone just as dangerous. The older man slapped Jae-Ha's hand away as he turned around to get a good look at his face.

"I've never seen you around." He mumbled, his friend however was quickly to recognize Jae-ha and the people behind him, and tried his best to warn the man. However the man lifted his fist after saying: "You should stop messing with people you don't know!!" The man's fist was headed for Jae-ha with full force..

..yet it never reached him. What blocked the punch was Kija's dragon arm. He had stopped it with ease. "..you should stop. I could crush your arm with ease right now." Kija mumbled as he stood next to Jae-ha. The man clutched his arm in pain as he finally got a good look at Jae-ha and the people behind him.

Behind Jae-ha and Kija stood Yona, You, Yoon and Zeno and behind you four, stood Hak and Shin-ah (with only a white cloth around his eyes, since the mask makes him stand out). All of you had a fierce look in your eyes, if you messed with one person from the dark dragon and happy hungry bunch, it meant you were messing with all of them.

The reason why you eight were looking shady in the back alley of Saika, was simple you were here to gather information. And as much information about the head of the fire tribe and Sen Province's lord, as you could get your hands on. "Welcome back Yoon, did you find anything?" Yona asked while checking for any injuries on the poor man.

"All I could find out was that we stand out." Yoon deadpanned, slightly upset that all he could find out was useless information. "There isn't any movement on the troops, yet.. the soldiers we saw in Kai empire.. and Li Hazara..something is making me uneasy." Yona sighed.

You shuddered, feeling a chill go up your spine. In fact, you could feel something too. You knew something was going to happen, yet felt extremely uneasy at the feeling of not knowing what was going to happen.

Yona's fingers brushed past yours, before she interwined them. When you glanced at her, she offered you a small smile. "Everything will be okay."

The second Yona had said that, the door was slammed open as a man came running in, out of breath. "Ka.. kai empire!! All of Kai empire's troops have broken through the border!! They've come to Saika!" The man yelled as loud as he could, startling everyone. Including you eight."The powerful man!! Li Hazari is leading them!! And they've broken through!!"

More and more information was being spread, about how the troops keep moving forward breaking through and smashing borders and forts, about how the soldiers can't hold on, about how the head of the fire tribe is heading there right now. "At this rate, isn't Saika done for?"

Yona sighed, causing you to look at her, she made eye contact and you could almost tell what's about to happen.

🌺🌺🌺

While the head was busy heading towards the troops, a smirk on his face, and excitement buzzing through him, after all, everything was going according to his plan. Meanwhile his eldest son, protected his home, in hopes of his father returning soon.

The troops were currently passing though the village, the head's youngest son, Kan Tae-Jun resided in. After working hard to plow the soil, he wasn't going to let these men ruin it.

His inspiration came from Yona's word, he didn't want to let down Yona, who relied on him to protect these people and his land, so he was going to fight for them, instead.

But as fate had wanted, both the village and his life were spared when Lord Li Hazari had a glimpse of his face and identified him as Kan Tae-Jun, Son of the Fire Tribe's head.

The troops were closer to Saika, and word had quickly spread that General Soo-Jin, the fire tribes head, was either weak or trapped. The troops from Kai, however were currently setting up camp and were waiting for morning. Yet they blended in to the night extremely well.

"At daybreak the battle will began."

🌺🌺🌺