// Protect //

"Other than bringing down Kum-ji, our goal is to also save the woman, right? We need to quickly find which boat they're on and take them to a safe place, for that purpose I'll sneak onto the boat and save them." Yona eyes never wavered, nor did her voice crack. She was confident she could do this.

"Wait. We're a little against that idea." Hak spoke up, you nodding your head along from behind him. Hak was Yona's childhood friend, the two grew up together, he didn't have any attraction towards her like he did for you, but he definately cared for her.

"Right! Penetrating the strong hold of Kum-ji and his officers.. such a thing is too dangerous!" Kija agreed with Hak for the first time, as Shin-ah nodded along beside you.

"I'm against it too. To launch an explosive means, you'll have to carry on gun powder onto the boat, you're captured on. Then you'll have to go onto the deck past the lookouts to launch it. If they find you, they'll kill you. It's absolutely impossible!" Yoon nagged her, completely against the idea.

"Yona dear, it would be difficult to let us know, where you are, with a small firework, you were able to carry on, especially since we'd be in the middle of fighting." Jae-ha joined in, indirectly telling you, that he was against the idea too.

"If Shin-ah is there.. he should be able to see the firework no matter how far I am." Yona counter attacked, they're previous attacks, of course she had thought through this. She wouldnt have proposed this idea, if she hadn't.

"But guys think about it! Their are a lot of people on the enemies side, and in the midst of fighting you wouldn't have time to check each boat. What if Kum-ji already sells the girls by the time you're done?" You stood besides Yona, she was right, this was one of the only ways you could rescue the women.

"(Name)'s right! And to stop that from happening, by going in amongst the woman to ensure they're safety, it's a job only I can do right!" Yona finished for you, successfully persuading the captain.

"If this plan were to succeed, we would definately be able to save the girls. However for this plan to work we would need another person to sneak in with you." The captain, informed you, and that's where you stepped in.

"Captain! I'll g.." Unfortunately, you were unable to finish that sentance, as Hak placed his large hand over your mouth. Stopping any others words from coming out.

"Sorry captain. Ignore her." Hak stated, as you tried prying his arm away.

"...moving on. Anyone else." Captain, like Hak had said, completely ignored you, continuing to ask around. Meanwhile you finally pryed Hak's arm off your face.

"Captain! Let me go! I'll do my best too!"

🌺🌺🌺

The captain rejected you, she underestimated you. They all did, Hak, Yoon, Kija, Shin-ah, Jae-ha and perhaps even Yona. But you knew most of it was all in your head, they weren't under- estimating you, they were protecting you. It was their way of protecting you, it was their way of keeping you safe. So why did the tears not stop?

You weren't angry with anyone but yourself. You were frustrated with yourself, you wanted to help too. So why were you so weak? You wanted to protect Hak, to protect Yona, and Yoon, Kija and Shin-ah, you wanted to protect the only people you had left, but you couldn't. Why were you always being the one protected and never the one protecting?

You sat near the edge of the cliff, as your arms wrapped around your knees, as your head rested on top of them, you cried your heart out, frustrated at how weak and useless you were. Frustrated that no matter how hard you wanted to protect them, you couldn't.

And before you knew it, you ended up falling asleep. Hak slowly made his way towards you, he leaned on to the rock wall behind him, before he moved your body, so your head rested on his chest. He closed his eyes, inhaling your scent.

"...I'm sorry. I know how much you want to protect me and the others, but this is my way of protecting you. I feel safe when I know that you're somewhere where I can see you. I'll always protect you, so don't worry, you don't have to go into danger."

🌺🌺🌺

Today was the evening after Yoon and Yona left to Kum-ji's store. You were still salty about the whole thing, but calmed down after a good night sleep. Currently you, along with two fellow pirate friends were out on an errand, buying groceries for the ship.

You learned that most of the pirates were former fisherman, and that after they became pirates, they learned new experiences of this world, they saw the world through a different lens. You were so immersed in listening to their stories, you didn't noticed the fancy carriage, carrying a certain lord. The lord who stopped right infront of you as he got off.

"You. You're Yu-hon's daughter right? Of course you are! I've seen you in his arms so many times. You know the king's looking for you, Lady (Name). You're quite the beauty." This was the first time seeing this man infront of you, and you didn't recognize him, but the two pirates beside you did. He stepped closer and closer, you could practically feel his hot breathe on you.

"Who are you? Considering how you've seen the Former King's brother, and how fast news has traveled to you, you must be the lord of this town? Are you Yang Kum-ji?" You asked the older male infront of you, but before you could hear his answer, you were roughly pushed into the wall behind you, your back harshly colliding with it.

"If I gave you to the king, I would get a lot of money. But if I sold you in Kai, I would probably get double that. Besides I could just use you for my pleasure if you didn't sell anywhere, considering how beautiful you are." He dirty fingers touched your lucious hair, as he played with it. Meanwhile two friendly pirates were harshly shoved away, you were practically surrounded by officials, they're greedy eyes all over you. The pirates had instant death waiting for them if they tried fighting against all of them, yet they tried.

"Well then, get her on the carriage, and escort her the lady to my boat." He ordered as two officials obliged, you wanted to yell out, you wanted to yell for Hak, you wanted Hak. You didn't like the touch of this officials, who held nothing but greediness in their eyes. You liked Hak, who only had pure love in them.

Despite wanting to yell Hak's name outloud, you didn't. Isn't this what you wanted? You wanted to get onto Kum-ji's ship with Yona, and you were doing that. Taking a deep sigh, you decided you were no longer, going to cower and stand behind everyone being protected, you were going to fight this challenge head on, this time you were going to be the one protecting.

The two pirates rushed back, to inform Jae-ha and the others, since the two of them alone held no chance against Kum-ji. But little did they know a ragingly angry Hak was much scarier than Kum-ji.

🌺🌺🌺