// Battle //

"The fact tha they're rushing to Hiryuu castle means, their real goal is Hiryuu Castle. They are currently after Soo-won's head." Hak slowly stated, his eyes darting between you and Yona.

Yona's blood had run cold, as she stared at the ground. Meanwhile you, after hearing those words suddenly felt like you couldn't stand. Your legs felt like they could give up any second. Sure, you weren't exactly on good terms with your brother, but no matter what he still is and always would be your beloved brother. He's the only family, beside Yona you had left, and you didn't want him to die.

"I-I'm sorry, we, no, I have to go to Hiryuu Palace." You mumbled, avoiding eye contact, afraid that you would be hated for this, especially by Hak and Yona. They were chased out of their home by that man, Yona's father was killed by him, he was their enemy. But before all of that, he was also your brother, which is why you decided to head to Hiryuu Palace. Yes, it was selfish.

"Hak, prepare some horses, we are all going." Yona said, placing her hand on your shoulder as she offered you a smile. "Don't be afraid, we have your back, we always will." She told you, Yoon placed his hand on your other shoulder, agreeing with her. And again, the feeling of comfort bubbled in your chest, as you returned their warm smile. "Thank you."

🌺🌺🌺

Hak had gotten a few horses ready, in a matter of seconds. Zeno, Jae-ha and Hak were the best riders out of everyone in your group. Kija had claimed he knew how to ride, however he had never ridden outside of his village. Shin-ah had never ridden a horse, ever in his life time, neither had Yoon.

Meanwhile you and Yona have ridden horses before. The certain memory locked deep within your brain. You were going to ride with Hak, while Yona was going to ride with Zeno, Yoon with Jae-ha. Right before getting onto the horse you paused and looked at Yona. "Yona.. we're gonna be okay. We all have your back too." You told her, aware of her anxiety.

She offered you a warm smile, as Hak trotted his horse over towards you. Hak's gaze met yours as he said: "Okay, step here. And then once you're up there, I'll pull you up. Don't worry nothing will happen, you have your trusty Hak to save you." Hak slowly said, repeating the exact same words from 4 months ago.

And you obliged, stepping on the small rock, once you were on top of it, he wrapped an arm around your waist pulling you up. Once you were comfortably seated on the horse, you spoke: "I think I was more worried on what you'd do to me then anything else." Repeating the exact words from 4 months ago.

It wasn't long before the two of you were laughing, the words bringing back so many memories. This time, instead of your back hovering over Hak's chest, it leaned onto his chest. Before starting, Hak bent over, whispering a few words into your ear:"I will protect you. No matter what. Don't be afraid." His hot breath fanned your neck, as your heart rate sped up.

🌺🌺🌺

Meanwhile Soo-Jin and Li Hazari, people who thought the current king was stupid and that taking him down would be easy, were definitely not expecting Soo-won, the king to be waiting for their arrival with an entire army and a handful of tricks.

His first trick was a simple illusion, he placed armor that was designed to look like a tiger on his horses, which worked extremely well, scaring off the soldiers that headed towards him and his army. His next trick was to leak information about pits that were in-front of the archers on purpose, the trick here being there were no pits in the first place. It was a lie.

His third trick was the greatest, the earth tribe along with their leader had arrived, swords in their hand, ready to fight. This was something Soo-Jin had never expected, gaining the trust of the Geun-Tae, was incredibly hard, and Soo-won had done it.

Lord Hazari who was startled and was quickly losing men, galloped to the nearest village he could find, his goal now changing, to find as many people as he could and use them as soldiers. His eyes were set on an elderly man and his grandchild, and his racing heart, calmed down, a smile forming on his face as he ordered one of his men to use them as bait.

The soldier obliged, as he headed straight for the poor villagers, his sword up in the air ready to strike down. But the sword instead of touching the villagers skin, it clashed against a glaive. In one push, the soldier was sent flying through the air, and quickly thrown onto the ground.

And the culprit of this sat upon a horse, one of his arms holding a glaive, the other wrapped around a woman. Who was the culprit, you ask? It was none other than Hak. The woman he was holding? Well that was you, you who had something burning in your eyes, your frown deepening.

🌺🌺🌺