// Illness //

When you opened your eyes, the outside word blinded you. You blink a couple times to let your eyes become adjusted to light. Your body felt better after rest, and the pain that was in your chest had disappeared. The weakness that had hurt your body had reduced and you felt okay enough to sit up.

You knew exactly what had happened to you. It was the crimson illness, the illness which flowed from generation to generation, passing on to you and Soo-won. But you also remember your mother telling you the ways of the illness, the first attack of it catches you off-guard, and it vanishes for a couple months before striking back again. You would be okay for a couple months.

"You're not going to say something like there's been a new white dragon born in the village, are you?" You hear Jae-ha say, and you finally take in your surroundings. You were in a hut, lying in a futon. On the other side of the room was Kija also lying in a futon, and the three other dragons surrounding him. Yona, Hak and Yoon were nowhere to be seen.

It seemed as if the dragons were having a serious conversation. "My predecessor died at the age of 27.. I am soon nearing that age." Jae-ha says, as you stand up, your feet are a bit wobbly but you were fine enough to walk.

You stomp over to Jae-ha and slap him in the back, startling everyone. "Don't say that! You aren't going to die anytime soon!" You yell, annoyed that they were talking about death. They can't die. You wouldn't let them. "That sure was good punch <3" The green haired male says, with a laugh.

"Miss! What are you doing up! Are you alright?" Zeno asks, standing up to assist you, but you ignore his questions sitting beside the three dragons and laying Kija. "Do you all know what the crimson illness is?" You ask, you decided if anyone should know, the dragons who were somewhat connected to all this deserve to.

Zeno quickly whips his head around, he knew what you were talking about. The other dragons stared at you slightly confused. "Crimson illness..?" You hear Kija ask. "It's when the blood of the first king, King Hiryuu, is passed on through each generation. However, the blood slowly starts to suck out your life, and eventually you die." You say, watching their expressions carefully.

"Why are you bringing this up, (Name)-dear?" Jae-ha asks, still confused. "My mother, Yong hi had the crimson illness. She was a direct descendant of the King. And like I had mentioned earlier.. it passes through each generation.. which means.." You paused, letting them answer the question on their own. "Miss.. do you have the crimson illness. Is that why you fainted?" Zeno carefully asks, a look of fear in his eyes.

You offer him a smile. "If you're all going to pass away, that means so am I. We can suffer the fate of having either the dragon blood or the kings blood within us. But while we are still alive, we should make as much change as possible." You say, the atmosphere suddenly becoming sadder.

"It'll be our secret." You hear Jae-ha say, he hoped to lift the atmosphere, but.. obviously it didn't work. "I am always prepared to give up my life the princess and of course.. Lady (Name)." Kija says offering you a smile. "Let us fight to our deaths." You say, returning his smile.

In all honesty, the fact that the crimson illness had attacked meant that you had at most a couple years left.. and that scared you. You didn't want to die. You want to live with Yona, and watch her become a brave woman. You wanted to live with Yoon, and watch him become more talented. You wanted to have everyday routines with the dragons and most of all.. you wanted to grow old with Hak.

But after the dragons reassured you, that you all are in together for this, it comforted you. Just a tiny bit. You hear a splash from water and look towards the door. Yoon stood there with a pot full of water.. he looked traumatized all of a sudden. He has probably overheard the conversation that just took place.

"I.. I.. What did you all just say? Will you die soon?" Yoon asks, in fear. "Come here, Yoon." Zeno calls, tapping the empty spot between you and him. "You don't have to feel sad, no one knows when they'll die anyway." You say, patting his back. He truly looked heartbroken.

"But.." Yoon begins, but gets cut off by Jae-ha. "We will live long enough to see you thrive." He says, a gentle smile on his face. "I'm not dying, i'm just a little sick." Kija says, punching Jae-ha as proof that his strength is still there.

"I beg you. Stubbornly live. You have to. I won't let you die." Yoon says, with tears in his eyes. "We will live. I promise." You say, although deep down you knew it wasn't entirely the truth. "Don't tell Yona or Hak about this."

🌺🌺🌺

You left the hut, and the others to go find Yona and Hak. Or well perhaps you were more for Hak.. you desperately wanted to see him. After wandering around the unknown village which you assume was Kalgan's, you find Hak. He was standing in a paddy field, looking at the sunset.

You admired him for a moment, the way he stood. The way the sun's setting rays just fell onto his face, the messy hair of his which showed he hadn't been able to sleep since you fainted, the golden hue around him. He looked so.. ethereal.

"Hak!" You yell, holding your dress slightly up and running towards him. The man looks at you, relief washing over his eyes, he opens his arms, ready to welcome you. "Don't run, Ms. Chubby cheeks." You hear his low voice say, with a laugh at the end.

You run into his embrace, as he wraps his arms around you as if he never wanted to let go. You are instantly comforted, just by being in his arms. You forget about all your worries and remind yourself that you'll be okay, that when you're with Hak nothing will happen. Nothing will happen.. because you're (Name).

Unknownst to you.. by the hut... Jae-ha faints similar to Kija.

🌺🌺🌺