// Kalgan //

"Where do you live, kid?" Yoon asked, as you all followed the child who was busy stuffing his face with food. "A village on the other side of the river." He responded, his eyes glimmering as he looking at Yoon. He... definitely took a liking to Yoon. Meanwhile, Yoon thought for a bit, trying to pin point where exactly this child lived.

"Is it the south?" Yoon questioned, pointing towards the southern direction. "No. West." The boy simply replied, finishing the last of his rice balls. "..the kai empire is the only place there." Yoon deadpanned, wondering whether this kid knew his directions or not. "It is the Kai empire."

Everyone paused for a moment, and stared at the kid, who was oblivious to the stares. "What?!? You came from the Kai Empire??" You all bombarded him, you definitely weren't expecting him to come from THE kai empire. "Yep." He light heartedly responded, staring at the direction his home was in.

"By yourself? What about your family?" You asked him, gently patting his head. "They're by the river." He says, looking at you with a glint in his eyes. Why did you come to Kouka?" Yona asks him yet another question. The young boy looked at the direction of the earth tribe, there was a distant look in his eyes. "I wanted to see what kind of place Kouka was." He responded.

"Anyway, i was walking around for days, and was starving, it felt as if I would pass out. So I stole your rice ball." The kid explained, snapping back to reality and quickly changing the topic. "It was the best thing i've ever had." He added, Yoon smiled, his ego rising. "Well if you like it so much, here's another one." Yoon spoke, hanging the kid yet another rice ball.

"Hey, no fair. I wanted another rice ball too." You sulked. "Our lady is as pouty as always." Hak commented, the familiar teasing tone in his voice. He earned himself another hit in the chest. "Thank you. Anyways, my parents and others might start getting worried, I should head home." The kid spoke looking in the direction of his hometown.

You wondered what type of place Kai was, and how similar and different it was to Kouka. You wanted to go there one day, with all your friends. "Will you be alright? What about the patrol near the border?" Jae-ha mentioned, as the kid waved his hand in a carefree manor. "It's fine, when i was leaving i-" The kid was cut off when Shin-ah pushed almost everyone to the floor.

You weren't able to process anything, as you were falling to the floor, but thankfully, Hak had fast reflexes, and caught you by your waist, his other hand gently resting behind your head. "This is no time to be flirting, duck down you two!" Yoon yelled, as Hak gently tugged you down. "What's wrong Shin-ah?" Yona whispered, dusting the dust off her dress.

"Near the river.. many soldiers.. are coming..." He whispered, his eyes shining brightly as he looked towards the river. "How many soldiers?" Hak asked, a serious-ness in his tone. "About one hundred." Shin-ah responded, shocking Yoon. "That's odd. What's going on at the border." Hak asked, dusting himself off as he got up and then offering you a hand to get yourself up.

"They're probably just here to help out with the mines, it should be pretty peaceful." Jae ha responded, helping Yona up. "W-what? What should i do! I can't go home!" The young kid yelled, the worry evident in his eyes. "Jae-ha." Yona spoke, looking at the older male. He smirked. "Hm.. if you're with me, perhaps i can find a way to get you home." He told the kid.

"What's your name?" You asked the boy, wiping some of the dust on his cheek off. "Kalgan." He responded. "Well Kalgan you don't have to worry much, we'll escort you home." You told him, as the twinkles returned to his eyes. "Eh? Is that okay with you?" He asked, a sense of disbelief in his tone. You nodded, offering him a smile. "Does this mean you'll be my bride??" He asked, with hearts in his eyes.

"She can't." Hak responded for you, he walked up from behind you and rested his chin at the top
of your head. "But if you really want a bride, that one can be your bride." Hak continued, pointing at Jae-ha, Kalgan looked away in disgust, causing you to laugh at his facial expression. Hearing you laugh, softened Hak.

🌺🌺🌺

After walking for almost a day, it was pretty evident that everyone was tired. You didn't want exaggerate, but it felt as if the further you moved away from Kouka the weaker you became. Perhaps it was the lack of food and nutrients. "Ugh." You heard from Kalgan, as he sat by a tree, he was covered in dirt and mud from head to toe.

"What's wrong Kalgan?" Yona asked, taking a seat beside him. "I'm a little tired." He spoke, shutting his eyes for a moment. "He's been walking all this time, it was hard on him. I'll carry him on my back for awhile." Jae-ha spoke, about to get Kalgan on his back, however Kija beat him
to it.

"I'll carry him. Leave him to me. You must be worn out, after carrying everyone across the canyon earlier today." Kija spoke, getting the young boy on his back, from the corner of your eye you saw Jae-ha smile warmly, and touched from Kija's kindness. You smiled too, such a heartwarming moment.

"Infact, Shin-ah carry Jae-ha for awhile." Kija ordered, and Shin-ah obliged, crouching so Jae-ha could climb on to his back. "..no, i'll pass. Thank you though." Jae-ha deadpanned. The simple teasing that occasionally happened in your group, always made you happy. You loved being with them, with Yona, with Hak.

"Shall I carry you too, my lady?" Hak asked, matching his walking pace with yours. "Oh my, such a gentleman, but i'll have to kindly decline." You responded, earning a small scoff from Hak. "Since when were you such a polite woman?" He asked, as you looked at him.

His side profile was fineeeeeeee. "And since when were you such a gentleman." You asked him back, as he looked at you too. "Ever since i met you." He responded, to which you scoffed at. "Liar."

🌺🌺🌺