// Unfair Laws //

When you and Hak had walked back to huts you were staying at, you watched as Yona lunged towards you. While she was extremely happy you regained conscious, there was a more serious issue at hand.

"Jae-ha also fainted!" She informed you, as you felt the familiar fear of panic. "What? Did he catch Kia's illness?" You asked, as you all rushed to see Jae-ha. You were afraid, especially after the conversation you had with him and the other dragons you had today.

"Jae-ha? Kija? Arę you guys alright?" You ask entering the hut. "My Lady! Princess! You both shouldn't be in here! This illness is contagious!" Kija yelled in his nagging tone, you smiled. At least he was still lively. "He's right, you both shouldn't come in here." Yoon informs, changing the wet towel on Kija's head. "There's nothing we can do?" Yona asked, worried about her fellow comrades.

"You people! Did you carry an epidemic into our village!" You hear Kalgan's father yell, as he entered the hut. He stood protectively infront of his son, and shushed him when he attempted to defend you. "What will you do if the illness spreads! Get out of here!!" He yells once more. "I understand your concerns, and we will leave, but please do not yell so loudly. They are patients." You say watching Jae-ha and Kija slowly get up and attempt to walk.

"I'm sorry! I-!" Kalgan franticly began, but you simply ruffled his hair and offered a smile! "Kalgan, you're father is right." Yona says with a smile, helping Kija up. You and Yona bow down to Kalgan's father and thank him for his hospitality. You were about to leave when you bumped into Shin-ah's back. He suddenly halted. "Shin-ah?" Kija who was leaning on Shin-ah for support called out.

"Horses.. and soldiers.. lots.. battle.. far away.." Shin-ah murmurs, as you put together his words. When you exited the hut, you could see the far villages.. some were on fire. "Maybe the clans are fighting each other?" Yoon guesses, but he was soon told otherwise. "Kouka is attacking us!!" Someone yells, as you look at Yona.

War always begins with the kings order, which meant if Kouka is attacking, your brother.. Soo-won had declared war. You reminded yourself that Soo-won wasn't the man you knew, he deceived you, he was two faced. But why would he start war.. why would he take so many lives.

You were soon pulled out of your thoughts. "Shin-ah!" You heard someone yell as the blue dragon fell to the ground. Another dragon was down and that scared you. Because all you had was them. "Shin-ah!"

🌺🌺🌺

You had found out from Zeno that the dragons would be okay, and they would get better. The only reason for their temporary sickness was the fact that, they, the dragons were away from Hiryuu castle, their source of strength. Zeno had also made a theory, that your illness also attacked earlier than, the normal age because you were away from Kouka.

The war had ended a couple days sooner than expected. However, the after effects had still yet to come. Kalgan's entire village was still buzzing about the war. "The king and distinguished people never get hurt, the ones devasted and trampled over are always us, the common people." You overheard some villager say, you felt your heart ache. You were ashamed to be one of these people, you were ashamed to have grown up with so many things that people in this village could only dream of.

Whenever war had happened, people in the palace only prayed for the war to end in their benefit, never have they prayed for all the people who are trampled upon. And you were ashamed to be one of those people. All of a sudden, the wealthy clothing you wore under your cloak, the expensive jewelry and accessories, you wanted to take them all off.

Why do people get treated differently and given different things because of their birth? At the end of the day, aren't you all human. No matter, how you look, where you're born, what class you're born into, at the end of the day you are a human who breathes, and feels emotions. And all these unfair laws, that separate you because you're a woman or a commoner, they are unnecessary.

And if you were born with the power to change them, then you were gonna change them. You decided you were no longer going to cower behind your comrades. You were going to change, Kouka, and perhaps even Kai empire.

🌺🌺🌺

A/N: hihihiii :) how are you alllll? I'm so sorry for not updating, I was going through some personal stuff over summer

A/N: hihihiii :) how are you alllll? I'm so sorry for not updating, I was going through some personal stuff over summer. Things are a little better so I can write again! I'll be updating all my books this weekend :) Thank you for being so patient with me, hope you enjoy <3