// Birthday //

The rain poured down harshly, the Princess of the empire sulking at the fact her father rejected her will to marry Soo-won. Hak tried to cheer her up but soon gave up when she wandered away.

You were still happy and cheery. Despite what people say, you liked the rainy weather. It was cool and calming, and pitter patter of rain was definately soothing. You stuck your hands out, as the small drowplets of water exploded on your arm.

"Whatcha doing?" Turning your head to glance behind you, you saw Hak. He had his arms crossed and leaned on the wall. His glaive resting beside him.

"Nothing! I like the rainy weather. It's nice and calming! I have this urge to run around in the rain." You told him, while he chuckled, you were truly like a child, but he wouldn't mind getting wet in the rain with you.

You sat down by the stairs, resting your legs while rain continued to fall on your palms. Hak made his way towards you, sitting beside you.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the palace, Yona ran as fast as she could. She felt someone chasing her, and began to panic at the lack of guards. A hand came out of a room, covering her mouth and pulling her in.

"Hak, do you feel it? The change in the castle?" You asked him, earlier when you asked your brother, he brushed it off telling you it's nothing serious. But the change in atmosphere, lack of guards, started to turn into something serious.

"Ah, so it wasn't just me. I was amazed you were able to tell the difference. Something's coming." His words reminded you of this morning, what the emperor had told you.

"Right, you reminded me. Uncle Il was being different, he told me to be wary of those close to me. Is it a coincidence that my brother's behaviour is weird. Is something happening?" You wrapped your arms around you knees, resting your forehead on them.

"Don't be so glum! Where's my adorable cheery little chubby cheeks? You wanted to run in the rain, right? Let's go." Standing up, Hak offered you his hand, smiling slightly, you grabbed and got up.

Hak pulled you into the rain, you squealed as cold little drops landed on you. He began running towards the other side of the palace, occasionally running in puddles. The both of you got wet, in a matter of seconds, but everything was peaceful, too peaceful.

🌺🌺🌺

It was the night before Yona's birthday. Yona and Yourself were in the garden, sitting on the ground admiring the glowing stars.

"Ouch! Hey! Stop." Yona pouted while you braided her hair, untangling tangles here and there.

"Sorry, Yona! But your hair is really pretty, the crimson color is beautiful." She smiled softly at the compliment, as you gently continued to braid her hair. When you were done, you turned her around, admiring her beauty.

"Good evening, girls." The both of you jumped at the sudden voice, relaxing when realizing it was just Soo-won.

"Oh, it's the princess. Chubby cheeks is here too!" Hak popped out from nowhere, taking a seat in between Yona and You. Soo-won stood for a while longer, resting his hand on your head before taking his own seat.

"Your hair looks beautiful, Yona." Soo-won complimented her hair, looking up at the stars. You rested your head on Soo-won's shoulder, and stretched your legs, your toes reaching Hak's arm.

"Thanks, I did it." You stole the compliment and smiled. Hak smirked, laughs erupted from the garden. Yona pouted, lightly slapping your thigh.

"Hey! That was for me!" She yelled, glaring daggers into your soul. Hak however ignored Yona and lightly started tickling your feet, you fidgeted around in response.

"Haaaak. Stop! It tickles!" You moved your feet away from him, pointing them towards Yona instead. Yona however took this as a chance.

"Hak! Soo-won! Grab her!" Soo-won quickly wrapped his arm around your stomach, keeping you in place. Hak grabbed your feet, Yona craweled towards you, harshly tickling your sides, while you burst into laughter.

"Ahhhhh! Stawpppp! Wahhh! Hak! Attack Yona!" The four young teens laughed all night long, their laughs going heard by the emperor. He watched them, and sighed.

🌺🌺🌺

You and Soo-won entered the room, lots of eyes falling on you. Ignorning them, the both of you made your way towards Yona.

"Yona! Happy Birthday!" You wrapped her in a big warm hug, while she returned it, thanking you. Soo-won stood behind the two of you, warmly watching your interactions.

"Yona. Happy Birthday. Follow me, I would like to give you a small gift." And the two of them left just like that, leaving you alone. You smiled to yourself. It was a good birthday. Or so you thought.

🌺🌺🌺