// Scared //

It was the night of Yona's birthday, the night being darker than many others. Yona was accompanied by your brother, the both of them being nowhere to be seen.

Hak and You walked around the palace, after having a small chat with Min-soo, a doctor that worked at your place.

Tonight gave off a different atmosphere, whether it was because of Yona's birthday or any other reason, the breeze was colder and night was darker.

"Do you think Yona's feelings are going to reach my brother?" Seated on a wall, you curiously asked Hak, while swinging your legs. Hak rested his body on the wall facing the same direction of you.

"Soo-won's not dense, have some faith in our princess." Hak nudged your side as you slightly laughed at his words. He was right, your brother definately wasn't dense, in fact he was hiding all his brains behind a clumsy act.

"Ahh! What if they become a couple, they would be King and Queen! Cute!" Fantasizing about a day that would never come, you sighed oblivous to what was happening on the other side of the castle.

"More than any of that, I want them to be happy." Hak smiled off into the distance his raw feelings oozed out of him, no silly jokes, or teases, Hak who had been watching over them for the longest time wanted them to be happy.

"Me too." A silence fell over the two of you, as you both thought about the princess and her love. You've watched both sides, and more than anything wished for their happiness, like Hak. Whether they fell in love with each other or not.

"Hak, do you have someone you like?" Turning your body towards Hak, you crossed your legs, curiosity practically brimming out of you.

"Hmmmm~ you could say I do. She's cute and has adorable reactions to my teases. I don't see her often, but she captured my heart, the moment I met her, it was love at first sight." Hak smirked, thinking about this mysterious woman who had stolen his heart.

"And who might that mysterious woman be?" Hak smirk grew even larger as he too turned towards you. A teasing look in his eyes.

"And why would you like to know~ chubby cheeks~" He laughed at how dense both siblings were, both Soo-won and (Name). Poking your cheek.

"I promise I won't tell anyone! It'll be our secret! A secret I'll take to my grave! I promise!" Whining and prying, ocassionally pouting, you were practically buzzing with cuteness which Hak noticed, of course.

Hak leaned towards you, and then ever-so lightly connected your lips together. Pecking them gently, and then retreated with a soft look in his eyes.

"It's you."

Red brush rushed to your cheeks, as your lips became cold once more. Your eyes were practically as big as saucers.

"Wha-!" Before you could finish, yells and screams came from the opposite side of the palace, loud enough to capture your attention, along with the thunder beast's attention.

The two of you shared a glance before Hak picked up his glaive and headed towards the noice. You jumped off the wall, following behind Hak.

On the other side of the palace, Yona ran. As thoughts clouded her mind, and endless tears slid down her cheeks. She couldn't bear the thought of the Soo-won she loved so much, taking part in such a horrendous crime.

So she came to the conclusion that, the Soo-won that killed her father was not the man that she knew. A tight rope, caused Yona to trip, instantly falling towards the ground, her thoughts only becoming more cloudier.

She didn't notice the man behind her, the soldier who was ready to end her life in a matter of seconds. She had only Soo-won in both her thoughts and sight. She yelled out his name one last time, before the cold metal came crashing down ready end her life.

Until it didnt, the sword vanished, along with the soldier. A gush of wind flying past her as her last hope for living, stood protectively infront of her. Hak.

You appeared behind him, confused with the situation. Why were the guards attacking their princess? Why was Yona on the floor crying? Why was Soo-won standing there with Kye-sook? Where was the emperor?

You saw blood on your brother, your heart rate beggining to pick up, peicing it one by one. The weird behavior, the atmosphere, the King's words, Kye-sook. It all made sense now. But you couldn't accept.

Why would your brother assisnate the royal family?

"Lord Soo-won, what the hell is going on?" Hak asked the same question, that wandered through your mind.

Yona kneeled beside your feet, as you gently pulled her up, streams of tears came down, and bruises were starting to form. Yona looked pathetic, and it angered you.

"W-what is happening?" Leaving Yona, you walked away from here towards Soo-won. Hak grabbed your wrist, warning you not to go, but he's your brother, your onii-chan. He's half of you. But yet you didn't even know him. It angered you.

You smiled slightly at Hak, reassuring him, you'll be okay. He hesitantly let go as you walked towards Soo-won. Meanwhile Soo-won's face showed a flash of panic before turning serious once more.

"Soo-won-nii, you didn't do anything right? This is all a misunderstanding." More than speaking to him, you tried convincing yourself, convincing the lies inside of your head, were not true.

As you walked closer towards Soo-won, being in an arm's distance, a soldier pointed his sword towards you, alarming Hak and Yona. Along with Soo-won and Kye-sook.

Soo-won however protectively kept his arm infront of the sword.

".    .     . Swords down. Do not hurt Lady (Name), at all costs." Kye-sook warned all the soldiers, as all soldiers dropped their guard.

"I'm scared! Yona's scared! Hak's afraid too! So are you nii-chan! I can see it in your eyes, there's panic! What is happening?" Ignoring Kye-sook's announcement, you stood infront of Soo-won, wanting an answer.

Soo-won caressed your cheek, it pained him to see you like this. But he didn't want to throw away everything, he built up. Neither was he going to harm you, his one and only little sister.

".      .       . Take Lady (Name) away, keep her in her room till I arrive, do not let her escape, give her any necessities she needs, and make sure she's comfortable. And I do not want you to harm her at any cost." Soo-won ordered his soldiers, making sure you were safe at all costs.

"Soo-won-nii!" Tears brimmed at the edges of your eyes, you wanted to know what was happening, why was this becoming a nightmare.

"Go, (Name)." He gently pushed you towards Kye-sook, who gently held your shoulders.

"Soo-won-nii!" You called out one last time.

"Take her away."

🌺🌺🌺