// A Tragedy //

"If my assumption is right, all 4 of them are probably with Hak right now. Fighting the stragglers." You say, referring to the 4 sick dragons who had vanished from their tent. You, Yona and Yoon had decided to run back to where you had last seen Hak to see if your assumption was right. "This is bad. The sick idiots are in no condition to move, and Has will eventually overwork himself by fighting 300 men." Yoon says, his tone similar to a worried mother.

By the time the three of you had made it to the now battlefield, you had confirmed you assumption. Along with Hak, Kija, Jae-ha, and Shin-ah were all fighting and keeping the stragglers away from the village. Although, all four of them looked incredibly exhausted and ready to collapse, the hoard of stragglers was never ending.

"We need to hel-!" Yona attempted to say but was cut off when Jae-ha had yelled: "Kija!" Everyone turned to the white haired dragon, one you were always used to banter, stay up, and hunt bugs with, he had a huge cut on his arm and an even bigger cut on his back. The blood was spreading from the wound, and pooling onto the ground in a matter of seconds. And you're beloved comrade fell to the ground.

"Kija!!" Yona yells once more when another straggler prepares to attack Kija. You shut your eyes, afraid to see the death of one of your closest friends. However Kija was saved. Shin-ah had gotten to the straggler before Kija got harmed any further. You breath a sigh of relief, and quickly look at your surroundings. There had got to be a way to help them.

Shin-ah was breathing heavily, he was sick, and his limbs were wobbly, he was barely surviving but despite everything he tried his hardest to protect himself and Kija. But.. that wasn't enough. "Shin-ah! Watch out!!" You yell, however it was too late, a spear had been thrown and hit Shin-ah in the back, despite the spear that now painfully stuck out from Shin-ah's back he sliced the straggler that had hit him.

"Yoon! Do you still have those rocks that make sparks for fire? If we can light a fire, we can light Yona's arrows on fire, and shoot out fire arrows." You say, turning to Yoon. And soon the two of you begin to make fire. Meanwhilst, the blue haired dragon attempts to release his power, the one hidden with his eyes, but.. once again Shin-ah wasn't in the condition to do so.

So instead he staggers and falls to the ground. Now it was only Jae-ha and Hak fighting. And Zeno was nowhere to be seen. "(Name), Princess, Yoon, run away!" Hak yells, but you refused to leave them behind. You were going to come up with something. You had to. Your comrades were dying.

"Misses! Stand back!" You hear a familiar voice yell, and whip your head around to see a familiar ball of sunshine. "Zeno! You're safe!" You say, relieved to see the yellow haired dragon. He ran past you and straight into the battlefield. "Zeno?!" Yona yells, worried.

Zeno grabs onto one of the stragglers, and attempts to hold the straggler down with his entire body. While, he was succeeding in holding down the straggler, Zeno failed to notice another one creep up behind him and slash his back. You gasp, and cover your mouth as Zeno falls onto the ground.

Despite the massive injury on his back, Zeno didn't give up. With his wobbling feet, Zeno stands up and prepares for his next ambush. "Run away!!" He yells, but neither Yona nor you had the heart to leave, you couldn't leave them behind. You couldn't leave your dying family behind.

Zeno runs after more stragglers, and both you and Yona yell, telling him to stop. But, it was too late. You feel your stomach turning at the sight infront of you, tears begin pricking your eyes, and you could barely feel any strength as you fall to your knees. Zeno was stabbed. The spear had gone though his body and was dripping with blood "Zeno!!"

His body was thrown in your direction, as the blood from the spear was sprayed all over Yona and your face. Zeno's body layer lifelessly beside Yona, a huge hole in his chest. All your comrades stare in horror at the scene that had just taken place. You cover your mouth, still in shock.

There was no way Zeno was.. He couldnt be.. The very comrade you had eaten breakfast with this morning, watched the moon with last night, played in the river with yesterday. However you had no time to process what he had said as Zeno's murderers takes notice of the three of you. "You! Y'all are women!" He says, watching the three of you as if you were some sort of a prize.

"(Name), get up we have to go." Yoon says, but you couldn't. Your legs refused to let you stand. Yoon stood protectively infront of Yona and You. "You both need to run away!" Yoon yelled, before he could warn you anymore, a straggler had punched him straight in the stomach. And the poor boy had gone flying.

Yona had crouched beside Zeno's lifeless body. She hugged his body, and shut her eyes close. "You two, come." The straggler said, pointing his sword in your direction. You knew you had to get up, and take Yona far from here. But every time you attempted to stand up, you could feel the energy within you dissipating. The death of Zeno had utterly crushed you,

"I told you to come." The straggler says once more, but Yona only hugged Zenos body closer, whilst you grabbed a nearby rock and some dirt to throw at the guy. "Clinging to a corpse, wont save you." The disgusting man says, while laughing.

You throw the rock at him, furious. You throw the dirt too, right in his eyes. "Argh! You!" He yells before dropping his sword, to rub the dirt away from his eyes. You take this opportunity to grab his sword. And stand infront of Yona and Zeno. You were angry, and in disbelief. So you tell the horrible man:

"I don't know why you had the audacity to talk about what does and doesn't save us. You are a complete failure yourself, how about you start by saving yourself. So you lose a war, and then take it out on the people you're supposed to protect! The moment you began attacking the people you swore your life to protect you had lost yourself, your respect, and all your accomplishments."

🌺🌺🌺

A/N: um also myb for the shameless advertising but I did start writing my own story with its own plot, it's kind of based on YOTD, but is completely different

A/N: um also myb for the shameless advertising but I did start writing my own story with its own plot, it's kind of based on YOTD, but is completely different. If any of you are looking for smth, plz read it and gimme some feedback! Thank you so much for reading! Have a great day/night!

 If any of you are looking for smth, plz read it and gimme some feedback! Thank you so much for reading! Have a great day/night!