// Left Behind //

"Take her away." Soo-won ordered his men, not daring to look into your eyes. Tears fell one by one, as the small droplets expoloded on the ground. Shaking of the hands that held you, you stood infront of Soo-won.

"I'm not going to go anywhere until you tell me what happened." Standing your ground, Soo-won sighed, giving up the fight against you.

"She's right, Lord Soo-won, where is the emperor?" Hak butted in, locking eyes with him. Yona however stared at you, she wondered if you were on Soo-won's side? Would you be on Soo-wons side after hearing this? She lightly held onto Hak's sleeve, glancing around her, numbers of soldiers surrounded her, pointing swords at her.

"I.   .   . sent the emperor to hell. I killed him." Your eyes went wide, almost as wide as saucers. As both Hak and Your thoughts were confirmed, despite you wanting them to be false. Hak's grip on his glaive tightened, his knuckles turning white.

"Are you drunk, lord? It's not a funny joke." Like Yona and yourself, he too didn't want to believe what was said. He wanted to believe in his friend, he wanted to believe his friend was good.

Hak didn't understand this one bit, just 24 hours ago, the four of you were laughing and smiling, having infinite amount of trust in each other. And now, there was one who betrayed the empire, others who were losing their trust in him.

".     .     . ask Yona if you don't believe me." Both yourself and Hak turned your head towards Yona, who nodded her head, yes as more tears filled her eyes.

Hak was raging with anger, as he headed towards Soo-won with his glaive in the air. Kye-sook, grabbed your wrist and pulled you towards him, to get you out of the way, since you were standing right infront of Soo-won. Hak angrily swung his glaive, as Soo-won fought back with a sword.

The two of them were good at dodging. This was the first time watching them fight, and it pained you to watch two childhood friends, who were always together, fight each other. The both of them were left unwounded, until Hak's glaive tore through Soo-won's shoulder.

Soldiers immediately pointed swords at both Hak and Yona necks. Ordering Hak to let go of his glaive, he followed for the safety of both himself and the princess.

Soon a distraction, an arrow was shot, and landed infront of Hak's feet, giving Hak a single second to grab his glaive, he grabbed Yona's arm and got ready to run.

But right before he began to run, his fearless eyes made contact with your teary eyes. He felt uneasy about leaving you here, but if he stayed it would mean instant death for the princess and himself. Besides he knew Soo-won wouldn't dare hurt a single hair on you. Despite that, he promised himself, he will comeback for you and kill anyone who had hurt you.

"(Name)! I promise, we'll come back for you!" Hak yelled, as more tears fell out of your eyes.

Before running, he offered you a small smile. And turned around, running without looking back, his heart broke, as pain spread through his chest, he will never forgive himself for leaving you behind. Yona looked back though, she wanted to go with you. She didn't want to leave you here, so she screamed your name one last time.

"(Name)!"

🌺🌺🌺

The next morning, you had no effort to get out of bed, considering how you hadn't sleeped all night. Yona and Hak had successfully left the palace, leaving you behind. After they had left, Soo-won had first ordered to get you to your bedroom, and then asked to clean up.

You felt so lonely, you felt trapped. You knew nobody in this palace, the Soo-won you knew, was definately not your brother. The Kye-sook you had played with ever since you were a kid, was not the man knew. The guards you had teased, were not here, neither were the palace workers. And your cousin, the emperor, and Hak, they were all gone.

There was a knock on the door, and then Soo-won entered the room. His eyes couldn't even meet yours, as he made his way towards your bed. He sat at the side, and moved his head so he could, touch your cheek, but you flinched away from his touch.

".     .     . I'm sorry." Was all he said, he kept his hands in his lap while he stared at the floor.

".      .      . why did you kill Uncle Il? And chase away Hak and Yona?" Soo-won sighed as he looked up at you once more, he didn't want to lie to you, so he told the truth.

"The emperor, he wasn't who he was said to be. You and I both know I adored the emperor, but I stopped after hearing he was the man that killed father. This country, it's falling apart, this country if Emperor Il still rules it, it will be conquered." Soo-won glanced at you once more, as you turned your head away from him.

"I've known for years, that father's accident was planned, both mother and I have known. But you still didn't have to kill! Or chase them away! There are other ways. Doesn't that make you just as bad, like how emperor Il hurt us, and made life hell, weren't you doing the same to Yona?" Soo-won got up, and softly smiled.

"When the time for me to perish comes, I will. I'll ask someone to bring you food, so eat." Soo-won left as fast as he came, but he reminded you of one thing, the illness that flows through your blood, also flows in Soo-won's blood.

🌺🌺🌺