// Memories //

You had known about the emperor's wrong deeds for as long as Soo-won had known. You had known, he was the man that had ended your father's life. But unlike Soo-won, you believed he will perish in his own wicked way, and like your mother had once said, you have to let fate take it's course.

Of course, that didn't stop you from despising the emperor, yet you never showed it, and you truly loved Yona from the bottom of your heart, like your own sister, since she had nothing to do with that incident. But you didn't want your brother, to be a murderer, or to become a villain.

It had been several days since that night and not much has changed, despite it feeling like almost everything has. The bond between Soo-won and Yourself had a large cut in it, but it didn't break, it would never break, it was too strong for that.

Recently all you would do is feel lonely, so you started walking around the palace, still. Every corner and hallway you walked through were buzzing with memories, that were very hard to leave behind.

And then you came across, the sparring grounds. It reminded you of a certain time, where Hak had recently become Yona's bodyguard. And Soo-won and Yourself, were on a 3 days, 2 nights visit.

🏵️🏵️🏵️

Yona had turned 11 not too long ago, and Hak had recently become her bodyguard. Soo-won and Yourself were over for a visit.

While Hak and Your brother were sparring, young Yona was eager to watch them, of course dragging along, young (Name). You were about 10 at the time, Soo-won was almost 14 and Hak was around 13. Yona being 11.

"Yonaaaa, let's go! I don't want to be here!" You pouted, and whined finding there fight infront of you very boring unlike Yona who was mesmerized by here beloved Soo-won's skills. Yona ignored you, as you stood up.

"Then I'm leaving!" You puffed out your cheeks and just like that you began only for you to stop, at the petrified stare of a young maiden. You slightly tilted your head, confused as to why she was starting at you like that.

"What's wrong?" Casually asking, the maiden jumped and pointed towards the top of your head before she answered you.

"L-lady (Name)! T-there's a cocroach on your hair!" She quickly made her way, far away from you, as you took a few moments to process her words.

"Wahhh! Yonaa! There's a bug on me!! Get it off! Please! Ahhh!" The young 10-year old had small tears brimming in her eyes, ready to pour out. Meanwhile Yona, who was surprised by your sudden yell, noticed the bug and steered clear of you.

The commotion, soon caught the attention of both males, as they headed towards your direction. Tears dripped down your eyes, as everyone avoided you like the plague.

"What's wrong?" Soo-won asked the two girls, who were both panicking, but only Yona could answer him right that moment.

"T-there's a cocroach! On her head!" Yona pointed towards the big fat bug, who grinned while resting on top of your head, Soo-won made his way towards you.

"G-get it off!" Soo-won gently took the creature of your hair and headed towards the field to throw it away. While you stood still, as the tears in your eyes calmed down. Hak rested his hand gently on your head.

"Were you scared~ of a bug?~" Hak teased like always, you nodded your head while rubbing your eyes, sniffling, the tears just wouldn't stop.

Hak turned your body to face him. As he embraced you in a hug, his arms around your back while he rested his chin on the top of your head, you stuffed your face in his chest, while the both of you had a moment.

"Next time, I promise I'll protect you."

🏵️🏵️🏵️

"What a bittersweet memory." Turning around you headed towards the opposite direction, leaving that memory behind. It's not like, everything we'll go back to the way it was once more.

As you walked around the palace, you were reminded of each memory, that you locked away in your heart. Even if we're never going back to normal, those memories still happened, and there precious, because everyone was happy.

You walked towards the doctors room, which reminded you of another time. It happened right after Queen Kaashi, Yona's mom had died. And Hak, Yona and Your brother had caught a cold.

🌼🌼🌼

Lord Yu-hon, your father carried the younger you, as the both of you headed towards the doctor's room. The both of you were recently informed that Soo-won had caught a cold. On the way towards the room, Soo-won was in, you bumped into General Mundok.

"Lord Yu-hon, Lady (Name), heading towards Lord Soo-won?" He slightly bowed as he greeted the two of you. You eagerly nodded your head.

"Ah, yes. Were you visiting your child?" Your father started. Soon the two made small talk, as you were still held in Yu-hon's arms. And just as fast as he came, General Mundok left, leaving the two of you to continue your way towards Soo-won.

Eventually, you two finally reached the room, as Yu-hon opened the door, startling three children who were inside. "F-father! (Name)!" Soo-won who was the most happiest to see his father and sister, greeted the two of you. Yu-hon crouched down beside Soo-won, and set you down beside him.

"Why are you here?" He curiously asked awaiting an answer. "Is it weird to check up on my son, who has caught a cold?" He answered, while Soo-won rested his hand on top of your head.

"But I don't want you catching a cold, or (Name) catching a cold." He truthfully said as you looked up at him with your big round curious eyes.

"Do you think I'll be taken down by a mere cold?" He answered, as Soo-won quickly shook his head. When you glanced at the other two kids, they hid under a blanket, only peaking their eyes to see the interaction between Soo-won and father. Hak and You locked gazes, as Yona too made eye contact with you. You gave them a small little wave with your chubby little hand.

"Yong-hi wanted to come too, but it would have been bad if she caught a cold, so I bought (Name) along." Yu-hon told him, as he picked you up once more. "Mother?!" Young Soo-won perked up, and watched as you climbed into your fathers arms.

"Don't make her worry son, fight this cold to death!" The two of them agreed the beat this illness and like that the two of you left.

🌼🌼🌼

"I'm surprised, I still remember that. Considering how young I was when this happened." You talked to yourself as you left the doctors room, you were about head back to your room when you caught a glimpse of group of soldiers heading towards the palace terrace in a hurry. "Where are they going?" You began following them.

🌺🌺🌺