// Stragglers //

Stragglers. This was the official name for soldiers who had lost a battle, or sometimes even hope, and attack people or villages, sometimes even their own people or villages,  as an outlet to release their resentment. And these stragglers were headed straight for you. "Kalgan, stay behind me." You say, as Yona releases an arrow and hits a straggler, or in other words a Kai empire soldier.

If we were to rewind. A couple minutes earlier, you and Yona were notified that Kalgan had gone missing. He was nowhere to be found. So, you had begun a search for the young boy, and eventually ended up in the outskirts of the village. "Help!" When you had heard the call for help, you had ran towards the voice and found Kalgan being chased by a straggler.

Yona was behind you, got out her bow and began aiming, while you grabbed Kalgans hand, and stood protectively infront of him. And.. well now the readers know the context.

"You bastard!" You hear another straggler, show up on his horse. "We need to run away! They're stragglers from Kai empire!" Kalgan informs us. You quickly pick up the sword, that had originally belonged to the person Yona had shot.

"If we run now, we are going to lead them to your village." You say, and Yona nods in agreement. "Yona and I will try to handle them, Kalgan to the village, inform your father, and get the others to safety." You give the young boy instructions, and he soon begins running towards the village.

"Do you even know how to use a sword?" Yona asks, grabbing another arrow and aiming it at the straggler who was headed towards you. You stood infront of Yona with a sword, to make sure no one could get her. "I think i've learned a thing or two from the others." You say, getting prepared to swing your sword at the guy who was running towards you.

But before you could swing your sword, a gush of wind flew past you, and a broad back blocked your view. "I don't think what you've learned is enough, ms. chubby cheeks." You hear a familiar voice say. You grumble, and softly hit Hak's very broad and very muscular back. "No fair, i wanted to get him." You say, with a pout. As Hak softly laughs after glancing back at you.

Hak swings his glaive once more, and you turn your head, refusing to see all that blood. Your stomach still turned sometimes when you see pools and pools of blood. "Guys.. this is no time to be flirting.." Yona says, a hint of nervousness in her voice. She points to off in the distance, and you squint to see..

..hoards and hoards and hoards of stragglers headed straight for you. "There's over 300 of them heading this way!" You yell, as you begin to panic. However, the more you looked at the hoards of soldiers. The more you felt waves of sadness and hatred coming off of them. They were angry. At Kouka.

"(Name). Take Yona, Yoon, Zeno and the dying idiots with you and run away. I'll take care of them." Hak says, and you hit his back. "Hak, no. Even if it's you, you can't fight 300 of the-!" Hak cut you off, and said: "I'm the only one who can fight right now." He says, his tone completely cold.

"No. We can fight, I can fight. I'll help you! You can't do this alone!" You yell, starting to get frustrated. "You will only get in the way. Just hurry and go." He says, not even glancing at you.

"Hak, please." You ask, resting your forehead on his back. There was no time to waste, you needed to act fast. But you couldn't just leave Hak here by himself. He couldn't fight 300 men all by himself. No matter how strong he is, how amazing he is, 300 against 1 would be crazy.

"Yona, take (Name) and go, quickly." Hak says, preparing to fight. "What? No! Please! We can come up with a strategy! We can trap them!" You say, growing desperate. Yona grabs your hand, and locks eyes with Hak, he tells her to go. And Yona begins dragging you away.

"Yona, listen to me. He cannot fight 300 men by himself! He'll get hurt!" You say, trying to break free from her grip, but her grip was firm. "He is doing this to protect you. To protect us." She says, but it didn't matter. You didn't care what his reasons were. You wants to help him.

🌺🌺🌺

You and Yona had reached the village pretty quickly. Thanks to Kalgan letting everyone know, the villagers were evacuating to their hiding spots, and Yoon was probably caught up on the situation as well.

"Yoon!" Yona calls out, when she sees him. He looked worried, almost panicked. Without letting Yoon speak, Yona caught him up about what Hak was doing, and how he asked you all to run away. "Only, we can't run away. There's a small problem." Yoon says, walking towards the tent the sick dragons were resting in.

"The dragons are gone." He says, and he opens the curtain that was draped across the tent. The 4 beds were empty, all 4 dragons were nowhere to be seen. "What!? They're gone? Where did they go! They're sick!"

🌺🌺🌺