// Parting //

After a few days of recovery, constant nagging, promised sword lessons, a lot more nagging and scolding, and ointment applying, you had come to the decision that it was time to chase after the man with a scar. While Yona and the rest were hesitant, they eventually agreed after you negotiated and promised.

You watched as Yoon applied ointment to Yona's arm, the others all lottering around, doing anything and everything to make you smile and keep you happy. "Yona.." Shin-ah called out, as you all diverted your attention to Shin-ah, beside him was Lili, who you hadn't seen in days.

"Lili!" You called out, waving to the girl who looked away embarrassed. "How are your wounds?" She asked, her eyes flickering between your injury and Yona's. "They're not a big deal." You replied, as Hak gently hit your arm, nagging you that it was. "More importantly, how's Tetora?" Yona asked from beside you.

"It's been confirmed that her life is no longer in danger, however she has to stay in bed for longer." Lili, explained taking a seat between you and Yona. "That's a relief, tell her to get well soon!" You responded, glad that your new friend was out of dangers harm.

"We're planning.. to take her back to my house. Which is located in Suiko." She said, her face a little sollen. Suiko was a place where only wealthy people or people with great status stayed, so Lili must have been someone with a good status or a lot of money. "That's good, it'll be much safer there." Yona nodded.

"Apparently the water tribes general stays there too. I wonder what he's doing, while the costal area of his tribe are going through this chaos." Yoon asked from behind you, as Lili visibly flinched. "General An Joon-gi.. I don't know what he's doing but he's a calm and collected person." Hak responded, using his intel as an ex-general.

Ignoring the men who started a political conversation, Yona turned her attention back to Lili. "Lili.. we're planning to go to Sensui." Yona told her, as her expression changed to one of confusion. "Apparently the scar-man does business there, and is staying there, so we're going after him." You told her, as she looked at you in horror.

"You're going even if that man is there..? What if you get hurt again? Aren't you scared?" She worried, you placed your hand above hers, offering her a smile. "It's okay, we'll be okay. We have to do this, we have to protect the people of this land. I will get stronger, and I'll protect you and everyone too." You told her, Yona smiling proudly from beside you.

"So Lili, here's where we part. We hope you'll get to a safe place, quickly. We will solve this matter, so you don't have to worry. And.. we apologize for always getting you into this harmful situation." Yona told Lili, with a sad smile on her face. "Thank you for everything, Lili."

🌺🌺🌺

It had been days since you had walked and it felt so refreshing to be outside again. Hak held your hand, afraid that you'd fall or kneel over in pain. "Princess! Let me carry that!" You heard Kija declared, taking the bag she was carrying.

You watched as Hak and Jae-ha fought over who was going to carry you. And in the middle of the group stood Yoon, who was trying to convince you to rest for a little longer.

You and Yona sighed, already exhausted with your group. "Yo.. Yona! (Name)!" You heard as someone called out, it turned out to be Lili, as she ran up to you, her cheeks flushed. "Lili!" You greeted her, offering her a smile. "Are.. are you guys leaving?" She asked, as Yona nodded her head.

She placed a large parcel in Zeno's hand. "T-this is for you guys.. they're the famous water tribe honeydew buns." She explained, her cheeks turning red in embarrassment. "I know you guys have only experienced bad things but usually the water tribe is beautiful place with delicious food!" She mentioned.

"Yeah, the hot spring was fun." Yona spoke, as you nodded, agreeing with her. Lili reached out, gently brushing your hair away from your eyes. And soon she began fixing Yona's bow. "We'll then we're off." Yona told her, once the two shared a laugh.

"Take care, Yona! (Name)!" She yelled, her eyes seemed to be longing for something. Yona went ahead, as you lottered around for a second more, you patted her head, giving her a smile. "You take care too." You told her, walking away. "Thank you for everything!"

After witnessing your bravery and Yona's strength, something was lit inside of Lili, she wanted to be like you, and was going to do everything within her power, to change this country's fate.

🌺🌺🌺