Chapter six

Caith's POV

I was been teleported back home by Ea Matias, my emotions were all over the place.

I sighed, I've never been so grateful that my house is outside the park as I am now.

I knocked the door, it wasn't for long as the my old man opened,he had on a wide smile but I just was not in the mood.

I entered the house that looked now strange"boy what happened?why are you back so early"

I sighed"father something is not right about been mated to the queen"

" I do not understand your confusion"

" Ea Matias said any mate of the throne has demon blood"

" It might've changed since it been 7centuries without a king"

I frowned" father... I"

He raised his brows making me to sigh

"I might've lost control and threatened the..."

His eyes got wide"Caith you.. you...you threatened the queen?"

I sighed"something darker is inside of me"

I always felt it but it felt intense when the queen's blank eyes fell on me.

••••
I ignored all the questioning looks as I walked to the oracle.

They call her Raina, I've never been here before but according to my old man she used to be best friends with my mother.

I knocked on the wooden door,it wasn't even up to 2 seconds the door was opened like the person was waiting outside.

This woman looked exactly like the queen but slightly older"I get that look a lot young lycan"

I was still in shock"come on in son"

I stepped in, the house was cozy and had a calm aura similar to that of Ea Dimitri.

"Please have a seat your highness"

I frowned but sat down nonetheless, I saw a big frame of the royal family, there was a huge scarred elf, close to him was this elf but dark skin like the queen,he was carrying a grinning   young girl must be the queen and  young Ea Lorenzo was carried by  another familiar looking elf, this one looks exactly like Ea Lorenzo while the second she elf while the three older ones with wide smiles

"That's my twin brother and his family"

I looked at the queen before back at the Oracle"and no they are not my children"

She handed me a cup of coffee" so what do you want this oracle to do for you son?"

I sighed " I wish to know if I have some sort of being in me..I think something controls me"

She nodded" one thing you should know is the throne is always given to someone who is dangerous and kind..."

I nodded and what she said next made my heart sink" but you son...are weak...you are the weakest and the last in the chain..it hurts but it true...I remember what poor Estela had to go through and she was 10 times stronger than you..."

I sighed, while she smiled softly" young Vladimir was so determined, he was so in love with the my sweet Ria...all you need is to want to do it"

" But I have a mate..."

" Do you?...or you just assumed your feelings for her was a bond? ,Us the Plutos do not share our mates"

I frowned,that's the same thing Ea Dimitri said but the queen was quick to send me home

" But her majesty was quick to dismiss me"
She laughed" she's still hurt about young Vladimir...it'll take her time to heal...and you better be the reason she heals"

•••••

I clenched my jaws tightly at the words of the Oracle" but you son...are weak...you are the weakest and the last in the chain..it hurts but it true.."

I have never felt so useless in my life, but she's my mate isn't she supposed to accept me for my flaws?

Vladimir, Vladimir is my answer,what about him made her so in love?

I could feel my old man's eyes on me " what did she tell you?"

I sighed" same thing as everyone,worst she said it with such sympathy like I'm some cursed person"

He nodded" and it got you clenching and unclenching your jaws?"

I looked at him crazily" father, it hurts...you might not understand it but for a 5century old I know nothing... I've been obsessed over Isabella who's not my mate..and I'm my mate's second option and I'm not even fit"

He nodded," what can I do? You've been depressed since you came back from the palace...I want to help"

I groaned" I don't know...but..."

My eyes widened" father you are almost same age as the passed away king right?"

He nodded" yes we used to be friends when he was still an elfin"

I grinned" then you must've known Vladimir...her last mate right?"

He frowned" yes...you do not wish to connect him now do you?"

I grinned" no...I just wished to know the process...how he was accepted.."

He shook his head" Enki... been the king is a lot more than you think"

I frowned"I barely know a thing"

" Vladimir Arius Nikolaevich was the son of the king demon of the northern region, the king of the blood demons lord Vladilen Nikolaevich"

My eyes got wide, I see why I'm considered weak.

He sighed" son...you don't have to compare with Vladimir,more so you just need someone to guide you through it and only your mate can help you"

I sighed" look... before been accepted as royalty, you'd have to battle to death with not only the regional heads, but with the queen..."

My eyes got wide he added" the last king's first mate died just before she could actually face lady Aglea....the battle is both mentally and physically"

I clenched my jaws".... But...but"

He sighed" you either win or die son.... Vladimir was trained and prepared his whole life for it...he was even trained by the  king...,it has never been heard of about a weak royal mate...they are always extra strong"

The more he spoke the more I felt like a fool for even thinking I could be a good mate