Chapter Seventy-four

Enki felt something was either wrong with Eres or himself, he felt the need to always watch her which although was strange, Eres just did not complain.

For almost two weeks, he's been on her tail going everywhere she was and watching her very closely. He did not want to confirm his suspicions yet, he moved to her chambers which she was totally against, he was always in her space, she does not mind sharing her chambers once in a while but he is always there, even her library, her office, even during her most quiet times which is almost everytime.

Caith watched his mate like he has been doing for two weeks now, Eres either ignored him or just did not notice his eyes, something she has been doing for the past two weeks, her eyes never left the book she was reading.

"Why was he here?" He asked with a frown

"Who?" She asked without looking up or blinking.

"The devil..." He clarifies,"he never brings anything but trouble" he added

"I was collecting a debt..."

Caith was not satisfied with that response, there was something Eres was tampering with "Azura...what are you doing?"

Eres finally looked up" Mercury, what was Castor doing in the Damned?"

" What are you talking about?"

Eres sighed" Enki nothing happens by chance at least not to me, someone is putting everything out perfectly so perfect that it feels almost like perfect coincidence..."

Caith scrunched his face, in thoughts" I do not think so, I mean you are very vigilant, no soul ..."

" That is what I thought until, I noticed someone sent Osiris to the Damned after three centuries, look Osiris can not have been the one who released you because he was three centuries late, so what did he unbind and who sent him there?"

Caith nodded" Castor brought in a two different reports, meaning he told you just one, which is strange"

Eres frowned," who did it?"

" I don't want you to know..."

" Caith I will still find out, so tell me now that I am in a smiling mood" she insisted

" Imperia, it is best if you do not know, but I have an idea of what Osiris liberated"

Imperia raised her brows, not in the slightest convinced but she shrugged" tell me".

****

" Open the portals" Eres barked at the guards who quickly did so" no one comes in no one goes out, not even the king or the Eas get it"

The guards nodded watching her step out, she caught a glimpse of Caith running behind her.

"Open that portal" an orc quickly bowed"I am afraid your majesty that will be against my oath"

He scoffed" I do not care what that oath was, I command you as your king to open that portal"

" We can not do that My Lord, the qu..."

He huffed stepping away from the guards and mounting his horse.

****

Caith was confused, who does she listen to amongst her brothers?, Maybe her mother or aunt?, will she actually kill their son?, She has been protecting him for years, will she really kill him?. His mind was running wild, and the only one who can answer that is someone who reasons at least like her.

With that in mind, he headed West and the West region is not as close as all the other regions. It will take a normal human a week to get there, but a royal takes a day on any royal horse.

He sighed as the horse finally stopped in front of the West regional palace, it looks everything like Ea Lorenzo, seems whoever was the last Ea was either as extravagant as Ea Lorenzo or  Ea Lorenzo was more extravagant and took all his time to build his palace, although not as the crystal palace but still.

There was no trace of flowers just trees, it is golden all over, and stood at the entrance, by the main entrance were pots of fire?,this Ea is anything but normal

***

"…What a surprise, his majesty in my humble abode?" The blonde male asked with sarcasm

Caith was not in the mood for jokes or anything, but Ea Lorenzo has a strange way of lightening the mood.

Caith bowed"Ea Lorenzo, I apologize for intruding your region without any warning notice..."

Enzo only waved him off while sitting on his throne"you are the King, you need no notice t visit a part of your kingdom, but..." He pointed  to a seat for Caith to make himself comfortable"what brings you here?it is quite early for anyone travelling from the from the Center"

Caith sighed"your sister..."

"Is she hurt?, Did she finally..."

"She blocked the portals..."

Now Enzo was more alerted, she will never do that except" who is she going to kill this time?"

Caith cleared his throat"Osiris..."

Enzo stood up from his seat"that is a fucking joke… Ereshkigal will never hurt her youngling"

"That is what I thought, but she is going after him "

Enzo began pacing around"what did he do?…"

"He freed something from the Damned, but th..."

Enzo shook his head with a dark chuckle" she will not kill him at least not yet, but I can not say anything about him not being bedridden for some months"

Caith sighed in relief but it was short-lived when Enzo asked inquisitively" what did he release and why are you worried for your competitor's youngling?"

Because he is my youngling

But he responded with a well prepared answer" I am not actually competing with anyone but Osiris is my wife's youngling that is all that matters..."  He hoped the Ea will not ask any... But he is Pluto's blood he never forgets

" And what did he set free?"Enzo asked raising his brows.

" I really do not think it is my place to tell you that"

Enzo stared at him skeptically, before sighing with his signature smirk" okay, join me for a drink...it not a question Your Majesty, you are my brother in law after all".

Caith nodded with a small smile

Wish you the best son