Chapter forty two

Imperia sat in her usual spot, she was watching the younglings while sipping her coffee, it was night already and the night creatures were going about their activities, the night younglings were just like their day counterparts, very playful.

She felt that familiar presence"Eres..."

She turned with a smile, "Enki..."

He smiled and pecked her cheek so delicately"how prepared are you?"

"I really do not know,"

"You are the great Mercury, you should always be ready"

Caith took a seat with a small sigh leaving his lips" the reason I was never a candidate for my father's throne was because of my inability to rule a people"

" Urania becomes part of you after a short while, it not an easy task, but I am so sure you will easily adapt to it"

Caith nodded" I hope so, you adore your people, I do not want to bring in misunderstandings"

Imperia chuckled" oh Enki, be a king to the people, earn their respect and loyalty, then you will see that ruling a people is  much easier with respect"

" What about you?"

She raised her brows" me?"

" Yes, before been a king, I am your mate, I know maybe you do not feel the strong pull, but I want to be a good mate before a king"

She raised her brows" Enki..."

Caith shook his head" we only talk about the kingdom, heat, we barely talk about us, about this bond, about getting to know each other"

Imperia sighed looking at the night younglings" you know... You are one of the few beings in this world of ours that maybe has no bad side, or at least a quick temper and you are more in control over that darkness"

She turned to him" you quite different from what everyone knows of Mercury, but I am a broken being, broken by time, you do not deserve a broken mate"

" Eres you are nothing close to broken, you are the most perfect creature that was ever made, and I want this to work, not for the kingdom but for us, I want us to marry for us, not the kingdom"

She nodded and gave him a small smile which gave him jitters"you are one being who do not follow signs..."

Caith raised his brows confusingly,"when you just came here, each and everyone told you, you are weak and not fit for royalty, I did, my brothers did the others just altogether avoided you, it was a sign..."

She chuckled"a sign to abandon everything, a sign to go back that you were not needed, but you either did not see it, or you just decided to ignore it, I gave you the sign, the sign of not wanting the mate bond, of ..."

She exhaled"of probably using you to calm the heat, but you either ignore it or did not see it, you do not follow signs Mercury"

He frowned as he watched her breath in weakly,"Eres... Eres..."

She smiled"it nothing, the barrier is in the process of opening, my body is against me, it wants me to run there, but no..."

She was so well composed, that even in pain one could barely notice" why not ju..."

" Enki, you are my mate, in few hours you will stand Infront of our sacred tree and take vows, then stand infront of a population that will welcome you as king, I think it your day, nothing should come before that"

He took her cold hands in his, he nuzzled it against his cheek, " I follow signs, Ereshkigal, I always do, when I was told of how weak I was, it was a sign, that I needed more strength, even if my memories were wiped, when you gave me the cold aura, it was a sign"

Eres sighed as each finger was kissed by his warm lips, his green eyes were so full of passion"  you are a great being, that wanted a great mate and I want to be that, for the second time, this is my second chance to proof that I deserve an eternity with you, and you deserve an eternity with a great mate"

Imperia looked away from his burning gaze, with her last mate, it was different, it was a best friend relationship, but here was a creature that knows words and uses them" I followed signs, all of them and I am happy I did, because this is where I want to be, right here,with you"

Imperia, almighty Imperia was close to blushing, thank Uranus for a darker shade, "Enki..."

"No...Eres, I need you to know all this, before I go in there and become king, I am your mate, you at this moment should know I cherish you, I want you to know that before this whole royalty thing, you are my mate, and it may seem unreal but you are all I have, my kingdom is the least of my worries, but I want you to be not only the queen of Uranus but mine too, be my queen, open your heart for me, please"

Before Ria could respond loud horn was blown" it your time, it your time..."

Enki exhaled nervously"are you having second thoughts?"

"No, I'm just..."

Eres looked at the door, they could sense a guard, alongside Aarne"you will make a great King, you know your brother than I do or did, he will not dare let you rule his people or mate his daughter, you are a great being already"

He grinned" thank you love"

He pecked the side of her cold  lips lovingly "see you inside my queen"

She smiled as he walked out, her smile slowly turned upside down with the burnt in her heart, she slowly took her seat, hearing the giggles of the children, she looked out the window and watches them jumping and playing, Osiris, the message he sent was back in a cell, she was scared, scared because she is sure he did not know he was sending the message to her, scared he wouldn't want her or of how he survived without her, scared of may things especially the  possibility of ever telling Vladimir he has a child.

****