Chapter fifteen

It has been two years since Arius left and chose the human world over the queen, she was depressed, but one thing that kept her going was the being in her.

She was already in love with her unborn youngling, Everytime she was down, depressed, angry she spoke to it and it listened to her voice, she always had a smile and the entire world could see she was happy.

"Do you think he'll look like me, I mean I'm your twin"

The queen scrunched her face"I'm not carrying your child Enzo, you already have two that looks like you"

Her brother scoffed childishly"does not mean I don't want more, Ereshkigal have you thought of a name"

"Not yet, I will feel him before I think of his name, but I already hired two fairies as mid-wives"

"I'm happier than you are"

"That's impossible"

°°°°

"I'm not ready, no not yet"

"Imperia you do not need to be prepared for everything"

The queen ignored her friends and the pain she was feeling already

"I'm to be ready for my son, come on primrose try the spell again"

Primrose shook her head"it doesn't work on royal babies"

Matias and Dimitri used a spell to bond her to her bed.

" He better come out fast I'm so anxious,do you think...."

" Calm down Ria"

" I'm calm.. I'm calm... Llew is his chamber perfect,not that it really an issue cause he'll share mine"

" This is so strange... Imperia is always collected"

" Father said royal younglings turn their parents into puddles...now let give her space".

°°°°

" Awww look at his eyes,if not of his skin color I'll swear he's Vladimir's twin"

The queen smiled as his black eyes glued to hers" Alarick Osiris Pluto Uranus"

The room gasped as a tear rolled down her cheek, Imperia only cried when she lost her father and grand father.

" You need to let him go, your slumber started since you need the rest "

"No I'm... I'm not..."

She was holding Alarick tight fighting the slumber but it came.

°°°°

Caith was just back from his daily training with lady Algea,Bakr is the most annoying companion anyone can ask for.

Do all royals have weapons like him?

"Hey you should be grateful I chose your weak self, stop been ungrateful"

Lady Algea told him not to give in to his taunting but this thing is just too tempting"I wonder if I could plead with the queen to give me another chance"

"Were you not listening?I'm the only one who wants your weak self, Volya literally forced me not to choose you because..."

He watched the queen flood pass him with her guards, it seems he was invisible to her eyes cause the guards bowed.

He was to go after her when the annoying weapon said"if you really wish to breath for the next 5 minutes don't, today is a bad day and everyone knows it"

Caith sighed but followed her ignoring Bakr.

He saw her walk to a small shaded flower like hut,he followed her inside.

" You shouldn't be here Enki"

He quickly bowed" your majesty,I was just worried"

She turned to him, her eyes were a deep shades of blue"you shouldn't be,how's your training going"

" It could be better if Bakr could shut up and let me think"

She shook her head and unshielded the sword,she swung it expertly" Bakr is stubborn but strong,and wise"

Caith watched in awe as the once almost normal look was gone and now a chain like sword replaced it, golden blood dripped from her palm and the golden  string held her arm tightly.

"With him you must be ready for anything, especially to feel pain"

She swung the sword roughly,it like each aim was to kill"in such fights love, trust will not help you"

Caith was amazed,she ignored the fact that the handle of Bakr was sharp.

She smiled "when you master your weapon everything will seem easy, take and try"

He watched amazed as the golden string left her bleeding arm and the sword went back to normal,she handed it to him, he wound seems like nothing happened.

He swung the sword the golden string didn't waste anytime to grab his arm,he hissed at the cut of his palms and wrist.

His red blood dripped,he really wanted to give in to the pain but he didn't want to confirm his weakness without a fight.

"The more you use it the painful it becomes, when you get used to it the pain is numbed...that's how killing feels, painful at the beginning but when you get used to it, it becomes so normal"

Caith hissed and swung the sword only cut deeper,the pain was unbearable, but when he looked at his mate's encouraging look, something scarce he knew he had to,just for her.

He gripped it tighter and to his excitement Bakr transformed,but unlike the sharp chain like weapon it was more of a three headed sword with the menacing face of a lycan demon.

The queen clapped "impressive I must say"

Caith smiled proudly,it actually meant a lot coming from her.

"Teach me my queen,it..."

She shook her head"I'm your opponent, we are not lovers in battle,so training you will not be fair"

Caith face fell" meaning you are meant to kill me?"

" You've come this far you will live"

" She's trying to give you some fake bravery"

" Bakr should not make you feel otherwise"

She looked at the sword" that is his first shift,the one he did with me is his last shift"

She sat by the window,her eyes this time white and blank, Caith didn't know how but he felt she is sad.

He kept his sword in it shield,and took the seat closer to her " my...."

" Ereshkigal"

He furrowed his brows in confusion

" You are my mate addressing me as others should not be normal, you can call me Ereshkigal...or Imperia"

He smiled,that's some progress" Eres,can I call you that?"she  nodded

"When I saw you passing the hallway, I do not know how but you looked sad"

She looked at him and sighed"feeling sad is normal",

She turned back to the window" been a queen does not mean sadness keeps away from me"

"I agree but it seems something else is bothering you"

She sighed "the black moon is in two days, that's one of the reasons I'm sad"