Chapter Seventy-one

"Your majesty, I am so sorry, I was on mission in Laurasia, the invasion was..."

Enzo rolled his eyes at the general's excuse, while Eres said coldly"that is so silly, I expect this from your minors not you, I leave the kingdom for two months only and you are unable to point out a threat in your troop"

The hall was cold, "those attackers were specifically from your legion of soldiers, so tell me what exactly diverted your attention?"

The general gulped alongside the others, causing Eres to chuckle darkly" you see? Take a look at your pathetic self..." Her voice still whispery but sharp

"I do what you are to do, I fight your battles, I train your children, I protect your homes, I am always fighting something for you, but two months your soldiers cross the borders with the intention of killing me, so what do you do?"

Dimitri could feel his sister's anger rising, her eyes red, her nose eyes twitching.

Caith watched as a female orc was brought in, she quickly went on her knees, the imperial general of fairies immediately started pleading.

"Your majesty... I... I swear..."

"What do you do for me?, You are a general with three hundred years of experience in battle but I leave not for a year, no no , you send troops to battle and stay back with a mistress, so what do you do? "

The other generals cowered in fear, " answer the question, what do you do for this kingdom and myself? "

Caith could see a death sentence coming up" I... I... " The general stuttered.

" I put my life out for yourself and families, in my absence I get a rebellion under your eyes, do you know how many lives you all risk in case of a war?, Lady Afra tell them the number of beings I lose in a minor revolt"

" 3050, if it is crushed within a day, that is excluding the delicate population "  the queen nodded.

" Thank you, now for risking that much life rip out their throats".

***

She ignored Caith glare" you know that was tyranny in there right? "

" I safe more lives in been that, I risk to much to watch my population die because of carelessness " she responded coldly.

Caith sighed, same mentality one thing that will probably never change about Pluto and his descendants" but you could just dismiss them from service"

" Then they will become my next problem... " She sighed turning to him" Enki, these people know the rules, you must join your troop in any battlefield, I do that a lot, you must ride with the rest of your troops to any dimension, pity is weakness, the moment you feel sorry you stop been a leader, I was locked up for 6 months, tortured by my own father for risking two lives because of carelessness so yes I kill them"

Caith nodded as she took a black scroll from a librarian elf" handle the meeting with the elders My Lord, I need to send Lord Dexterio off"

****

Eres sighed, her eyes turned glassy as she knocked the familiar chamber door, she had already waved off the servants.

She heard a familiar voice" come in child "

She sighed and stepped in, the room was so much familiar, her hair was braided into two huge braids, it was pure grey this time, she looked around the room, her eyes fell on her picture very close to his bedside, she felt like a little girl again. Her black eyes fell on a very weak lord Dexterio "my greatest queen"

She stood a very noticeable distance"I do not want you to travel "

***

Caith had a deep frown on his face, these elders were more annoying than younglings. Thirty minutes, that's how long they've been at each other's throat.p

"You know nothing about kingdom battles nor politics so cry me a river demon"

The Northern wolf alpha king rolled his eyes" coming from some stupid fae, if not of magic your people are barely the size of my index finger"

That sent the other faeries into a fit of rage, the entire courtroom was extra noisy almost turning into a battlefield until Ea Enzo slammed table angrily, the hall went as quiet as a human morgue.

"If you all haven't noticed yet, no one here is in the mood to entertain all this foolishness not even myself " he said angrily.

" I do not know who you think this disrespect is for, but it should be anyone but the throne, the king is right there and you all argue like some ignorant younglings, try that and see what happens"

Once the room was extra calm, Caith sighed...

****

" You really have no choice in this child" the sick blind Lord said.

" I could find another solut..."

" Azura, how many times do I have to warn you not to tamper with a death body?" he scolded" you are as stubborn as your father"
She sighed sadly"I do not want to loose you again, I have lost so much, I lost you and father, when I got you back I actually had a sense of direction..."

Her eyes glassy"... it always feels better knowing I have you close to me, even if I can not become the little youngling I once was, at least..."

His blank eyes met hers " the time has come for you to let go my little warrior, there are somethings that were made beyond your control that includes death"

She had a stubborn pout on her face" but..."

" None of that child,I know been a Pluto means breaking off all the impossibilities like your father did, even that stubborn brother of yours did, and so far you are threading on that same dangerous path, promise me child, promise your old man that after this battle you will learn to close your eyes and relax "

" That is something I can not promise " she said, her blank eyes looked around the room refusing to meet his.

"He chuckled, you know, there will come a time when you will have to seat and watch the kingdom, you need to start preparing for that time" he said with a smile.

She rolled her eyes" are you ready?"

The older man grinned" Uranus is always ready for an adventure child, I am so proud of you"

She smiled and touched her grandfather one last time .