Chapter thirty one

"Mitri you are needed at the arena, I'll stay here, Enzo you too"

The two brothers hesitantly left the chambers while a concerned Algea sat closer to the queen whose eyes were white.

"Oh poor child, you know no one blames you for that day right?"

Algea sighed, all her motherly instincts were alert, she failed as a mother, the trauma Eres was going through was too much and there was nothing anyone could do about it.

She heard two people enter the room without knocking and guessed they were her friends.

"Oh sorry for the interruption Lady Algea"

She smiled sadly"oh no problem, your queen needs you"

The cat faced lady which she knows to be the queen's nanny sighed"my Lady, this is dangerous for the preys, we need the hasten the process"

" I understand, let's pray her mate survives it"

Primrose asked worriedly" what about Vladimir,I mean..."

" Vladimir is not an option, be positive about Caith".

***

There murmurs, some rumors about what just happened, but as soon as the four regional heads appeared, Viktor had a warning look which made the arena quiet down immediately.

Dexterio continued" the battle will go on"

"I need you to concentrate on the opponent and release me, lilly would have defeated us if not for time"

Caith knew this was true, but he was now worried about his mate.

" If you keep thinking about her in that condition,Ea Matias will kill you and I will be alone for ten days and then die, focus for your sake"

Caith watched as the Southern Ea stepped into fighting arena, he has never heard the Ea talk, his eyes were red and blank.

"greetings Enki, must say you have changed"

Caith nodded tightening his grip on his sword, waiting anxiously to see his opponent's weapon. The Ea only arranged his royal robe, his eyes not wavering"focus"

He felt hands around his neck,his eyes widened cause the Ea eyes did not waver did his standing position change, then who is strangling him.

The Ea took out his sword, I looked ordinary except for the string made of tiny blue roses "those are poisonous"

Caith had to get away from the strangling hands, but whatever the Ea was doing with the sword, only made the hands tighter, and icy.

The more Matias moved his sword the colder and tighter the hands got,focus

Enzo smirked"he did not see that coming, I definitely went easy on him"

Dimitri scoffed"You barely went easy, seems your aim was to kill him from the beginning"

" It was not serious, I mean his created scars on my body, luckily I can heal them...."

Everyone's eyes widened as Caith body flamed up, his body was flame " humans say oh shit...how did he learn that so quick?"

Matias stumbled, Caith could not feel his body, his wounds were healed, he launched towards Matias who quickly vanished and reappeared behind him slashing his shoulder.

He winced and looked above him to see the Ea above him, these siblings love been above, he moved his sword and followed him swiftly, flower roots held him down but Caith used his now chain-like sword to trim the roots and dodged the invading roots.