Chapter forty

"... So big warning about the elders, some are loud, others are too quiet, others are very judgemental, worst are the ladies, they all have a very creepy..."

Caith sighed"Aarne, what are you still doing here?, I'm all dressed"

The wolf said with an obvious tone"In simple language, I am your assistant till you are crowned"

Caith frowned halting," do I really need you?, Cause right now you are stepping on my few nerves left"

Aarne only replied" well you have no choice, until you are crowned, I assist you"

Caith could tell the wolf was tempting him, so he just decided to ignore the wolf.

The courtroom was opened and immediately all the chatters stopped, the elders all turned their attention to their king to be, a guard led Caith to the top of the golden table.

He sat calmly watching the elders around the long table purely gold made, they were all staring at him expectantly"thank you all for coming here in respect to the crown"

An older orc grin"it not an option for any of us to miss an invitation from royalty"

Caith smiled"Thank you my Lord"

A beautiful nymph said " and it not every day we get to meet King"

" Oh please, we did not have a choice, because the queen sent out an invitation not...."an elvish Lord said blankly

" Do not forget he is our king to be Lord Aden, you should respect him as you respect the queen"

A demon rolled his eyes" you just forget easily don't you Lord Raban, this being is the lowest in the power chain, we need him to face the reality, our royals are groomed and well trained to survive, protect and safe us from every threat, but his weakness is a threat already"

Caith sat calmly watching the elders bicker" you do not have the right to judge him, he is mated to the queen not you"

"So? anyone involved with our queen, is involved with Urania"

"And you know you are underestimating the position of Pluto, cause the mate bond is formed by our great Lord Pluto"

One of the fairy Lords rolled his eyes" and you, Lord Aiden should know Lord Pluto chose Vladimir already..."

"And what did he do?he left us, he left and our heir followed, we have our chosen King now so learn to accept him, or deal with it" Lady Liana said angrily, the demon Lady was looking annoyed for some reason.

Aarne quickly interrupted"no one came here to seek your opinions"

The council calmed down, while Caith said softly" I understand your hesitancy, and I will be naive if I think you all are been harsh... "

He sighed" I understand you elders have one responsibility which is to protect each of your races, and I understand any royal has the duty to protect Urania, and you elders feel I am not up to standard to do that and I respect your opinions, but I believe in Lord Pluto who chose me, because I have grown to adore the beings of Urania"

Caith almost laughed, now he is his younger brother's subject

Lord Bart said" I respect you for admitting that you are below the expectations of a king, what every council member here wants is a king who is able to carry the burden as our queen has been doing, if we keep arguing about what you are capable of doing as king of this kingdom, we all will not leave this table,"

Caith nodded" we all know Uranus has never made a mistake and even if he actually is imperfect as some of us believe, he is wise and our Lord Pluto is created with wisdom, we all have witness his wisdom, they both can not make the same mistake. Our queen is not foolish, she was molded by wisdom, questioning your capabilities as a king will mean questioning the greatness and wisdom of these three involved"

The tension around the table disappeared" in every region of this kingdom are three elders of the same race, for instance, I am the Lord of the Eastern blood demons, Lady Diana is the Lady of the Lust demons, Lady Rexa is the Lady of the mischievous demons, and that is goes same to all the other beings"

Caith nodded as he continued" you must understand their hesitance to crown you as king, Urania has lost queens and kings over the centuries, most are not born in royalty and as such could barely stand the burdens that come with sitting on that throne.."

The others nodded" I preferably will like our queen been the only ruler because so far she has been doing a great job, but then I also realize she needs the company,and someone she can lean on emotionally, most of us here are left with either 2 years or few months to travel, and trust me the generation coming later is not prepared for the burden and so she needs as much help as she can get to train them, the big question here is...."

Another very calm but older Lord continued" Are you sure you want to carry the burden of an entire world?"

Caith nodded" I am sure"

A Lady asked" are you ready to live for millions you might not know?"

" I am ready"

" Are you sure, you are ready to be a father to millions you might not know?"

" Yes"

" The responsibility of the crown is to protect Urania and Uranians, to protect every being regardless of what they represent, you are no longer a lycan from South Ray Pack but rather the chameleon of Urania, you will become everything at once and hear the cries of every being equally, are you sure you want that responsibility?"

Caith looked at the table and saw each elder staring at him warningly, like telling him "there's no walking out when you walk in"

He nodded" yes I want to become everything and protect Urania as much as I can and you allow me to, I might never be as good as the queen, but I want to be a protector "

A fairy Lord sighed" I accept him"

A happy looking orc Lady rushed and gave him a large hug" welcome to the family, promise you will always visit me, Imperia barely visits me these days and I always have these huge royal porks, Viktor likes them but can't even eat half..."

" Lady Petra, the meeting is not done yet"

She quickly let go" so sorry, I get too excited sometimes"

The other elders each gave a word of encouragement, the last to talk was Lord Vladilen, the demon Lord looked at the young man who looks like the calmer version of his son.

"Enki Caith Ahearn, "

Caith nodded waiting for a threat of some sort

"Ereshkigal is the daughter I always hoped for, I was one of of the few people who actually got to know her before throne"

Vladilen looked around " my son was stupid enough to do what he did, the only reason he is still breathing is because he is my son, if you dare even in 10 thousand years, if you hurt her, Pluto himself will torture you to death brother or not"

Before caith could say a word, the Lord was out.