Chapter forty four

Vladimir could not believe what was going on, Ria finally let him go through for his father's sake, he made sure he looked his best for his father.

As soon as he entered the passage of red flames, he could feel the familiarity, he was home even while still on the bridge.

As soon as he landed he was disappointed, he was in the Northern Region, his childhood home was not far from here, but he wanted to meet Ria before any other thing, he looked around and could see the changes, especially the North, the war-like region, the North always had conflicts but the Northern boundary was like the human definition of paradise.

"The changes took time..." He sighed and turned to see his father, the man who voted for his own son to be banished, the man who stood right there in the council and watched him loose everything, his mate, his family, his home"I really did not want you here, so trust me we both don't want to see each other son"

Vladilen was very good at holding in his emotions, his son was standing right here, looking at him like some traitor"come on, I still have a feast to attend, "

Vladimir was speechless, his father looked so healthy, like he was reborn or something"father..."

Vladilen nodded patting a horse, that walked to Vladimir and waited for him to mount"where is mother and Alek, if you had a feast to attend?"

"Boy remember there is a feast, your brother and mother will not sacrifice that for an estranged brother or son"

The words stung especially coming from the man that loved him above everything, Vlad bowed his head shamefully as he thought back to that incident.

****

Vladilen asked after some quiet time as they rode home" how is life in your dream home Arius? "

" Fine, I am a doctor..."

" So you officially became a human servant?"Vladilen chuckled

" I am saving lives"

" The same lives you almost took from Ereshkigal"

Vladimir just decided to shut up, because he knows his father, if anyone ever needed a trophy for been an asshole, his family came first and his father will definitely take the trophy, he can taunt one and make anyone feel like shit, just like his mate.

The huge barrier of trees that separates the neighbouring lust demons and blood demons of this part of the north opened and immediately the guards bowed seeing their Lords, especially the younger Lord, everything looked very different to Vlad,there was still the normal dark sky, but it was not a nuisance as he thought it will be.

The capital nest(house) was opened and the inside was just whoa, the inside was a maze of mirrors with beautiful writings that appears every time a reflection is seen, like something appeared like"welcome home young Lord, we miss you"

"Your mother did that after seeing it in Viktor's entrance with rocks, said something like it will express what we cannot"

Vlad saw it thoughtful, there were just few servants around which was unusual"everyone left for the center for the new king"

Vladimir looked around his childhood home, everything was perfect and he could smell Imperia's touch, he smiled softly she always wanted everything perfect which came as a result of of her childhood training, she could take the entire day trying to make everything perfect.

Vladilen opened his office door and stepped in, he took his usual position, Vlad stepped in, his eyes looked around the office"you do not have much time here son"

Vlad sat down and nodded"father I know you called me to mock me"

Vladilen rolled his eyes"now you are just been as dramatic as the humans you serve"

"Father I do not serve, I safe?"

"Tell me something new, Arius, you could have saved Uranians not some humans that will still die by their own hands"

Vladimir rolled his eyes"you remember you were one of those who voted for me to be banished father, you..."

"Arius you should thank all of us, Imperia would've killed you out of anger, you committed treason"

Vlad was still confused"I told you all I had to stay it was a urgent",

"Really, urgent, urgent that almost had Imperia, Afra and Dexterio killed?, You really have no idea do you?..."

Vlad was speechless, because he still felt the burden" in Venus, since Imperia was going through an emotional stress, she could not sense that Venus sent the spirit of her highest fear, we all lost our queen for hours because of you"

" Father..."

" See I really hate been this father, the father that reminds you of your failures as a king, I know you did not want that throne, but we want our queen, and I promised Alger that you will not add to her problems..."

Vladilen sighed" I am barely left with 7 months here, please do what you can for Imperia before I meet Pluto and he holds me responsible"

***

Caith could not believe Uranians could party for this long and this hard, the only being not dancing and drinking was the queen, he went outside and watched her stare blankly at the star" why are you outside my love?"

She looked at him, and a smile grace her beautiful dark face" they are happy, I do not want my cold aura make them feel otherwise"

He sat by the fountain"you still remain the most beautiful creature in any world"

She chuckled"Enki, I read about Mercury, and trust me I know you are good with words"

He smirked"it the only talent I possess "

She scoffed"you are a god, the god of all gods after the father of gods"

He shrugged" and you are a goddess, do you know how earth describes you, the mother of earth, queen of the death"

She was holding tight to a pendant necklace" humans are a strange set, I can not be a mother to the world without been the mother of my own youngling"

" You can, I have watch you hold younglings so close to your heart, you are a queen, even I your uncle cannot compare... "

It went quiet between the two till Eres laughed, the sound was music in his ears" now that is crazy, you shouldn't call yourself my uncle anymore".

He chuckled" it bizarre too trust me, but back to the subject.. "

He looked at her passionately" I know the feeling of been scared that the person you hold so dear to your heart might deny you, but there's no harm in trying, I am sure he misses you, they both do, whenever you are ready just remember, you are no longer alone, I am right here "

She smiled softly" thank you, I hardly do say that, and few months with you I already feel light, you are a kind soul Mercury, you are as kind as my father was, you deserve been treated as the kind soul you are"

He scoffed" I can never be that, trust me I just have a soft spot for you"

She chuckled" so do me the honor of marrying me fast, I do not want to wait"

He smirked" oh now you are a lady that knows what she wants"

" I am queen your majesty"

He pecked her forehead" marry me tomorrow, Infront of all your dearest Uranians, so I can call you my wife"

She asked with a smirk" really? "

" Yes be my wife, my partner, my family, let's cross this bridge together"

*Tomorrow?"

"Yes except..."

"Of course I could marry today"

"Tomorrow night, where you want"

She smiled dreamily .