Chapter five

The queen watched as the male's eyes got wide.

He quickly bowed"your majesty I'm sorry for any crime I committed"

The queen raised her brows,while the Ea Matias chuckled.

"There's no crime you committed that we know of....but you are here for some other reason"

Caith sighed in relief, Ea Dimitri said "your majesty tell the boy the reason he's here"

The queen sighed,"you have a mate don't you Caith?"

He nodded with a small smile" Isabella is her name your majesty"

The queen frowned looking away, her brothers could see the hurt that quickly passed.

"I do not think he is the one, send him home"

Caith was confused while Ea Viktor said " my queen permit the boy to know the reason he was been summoned"

The queen sighed " Ea Lorenzo do it, Ea Matias send him home, I'll be in my chambers"

Caith was confused and a little sad as the queen walk out, while the three heads left, leaving him with Ea Lorenzo who looked bored.

After almost 10 minutes of the regional head staring at Caith, he sighed

" You know I do not like you...you are everything I see as prey..."

Caith clenched his jaws" but without seeing it you've hurt my sister"

" My Ea I do not understand"

You should,you see you are the queen's second chance mate...."

Caith was numbed"wha...what milord?"

Lorenzo rolled his eyes"your weak self...is supposed to be the king of Urania, worst the mate to the queen".

•••••

The queen sat quietly watching one of her childhood friends laugh at something.

Llew the Northern general of the orcs turned to her, concern was written all over his face

"Imperia are you sure you're okay?"

The queen smiled reassuring her friends"do not worry I am fine"

Primrose said with a frown "you should be cause you let your mate walk away"

The queen sighed"the boy is in love with another female... moreso that boy is half prey...it'll be a suicide mission...."

Afra shook her head with a smirk" my dear friend you call him a boy but he looks as old as Ea Dimitri"

The queen shrugged" he's still younger....I just need to find a suitable donor for a stronger heir"

Dexterio shook his head" not do soon, he has not rejected you yet"

Llew nodded" I agree, they have not rejected you yet"

" I am not forcing anyone to be my mate...he has a mate"

"And you know you are in no position to take the decision without either of them"

Imperia sighed looking away from her friends" I do what I do for my people, nothing should distract me from ruling"

••••

Caith could not go home, he just couldn't. Is it even possible for the queen to share a mate?

He heard a deep voice" it not...royalty is too jealous for that"

He quickly bowed" Ea Dimitri..."

" It up to you Caith Ahearn.."

Caith frowned" I am confused, for almost 5 years I've known Isabella as my mate"

"The line of Pluto do not share a mate...than sharing a mate, we stay mateless"

" I'm just not worthy or ready...I'm a prey"

Dimitri chuckled" Lorenzo told you that?"

Caith sighed, Dimitri flooded to a tree branch" Ea Lorenzo doesn't like me"

Dimitri laughed" Lorenzo do not like many people boy...he's like his sister, and moreso Vladimir is his best friend"

Dimitri sighed" I do not know how much you like that female lycan, but I am warning you...you are risking the lives of preys.."

Caith scrunched his face" how?,"

" The king keeps balance between prey and predators...choose wisely son"

Caith almost laughed, Ea Dimitri looks only few years older but he's calling him son.

"Why are you convincing me...and even if I decide to stay...her majesty already dismissed me"

Dimitri chuckled shaking his head" you boy should have studied more about the rulership of Urania...and I care about my sister than anything...if I have to kill you for her to be happy, I'll do it in a heartbeat, do not push it"
•••

Caith pleaded with Ea Matias for a little time with the queen.

A guard guided him to the queen's chambers,before the guard could knock,the queen said softly" in"

Caith bowed alongside the guard" your majesty,he asked to be brought back"

He watched as the queen walked towards them and halted a good distance away from them, the guard quickly left.

Caith was nervous as hell"what do you wish for Ahearn? "

" Your majesty...I did not reject you as my mate"

The queen looked at the huge male who looked scary to the eyes but a weak self.

" You have a mate"

Caith sighed "my queen, I wouldn't want anything happen to the people because of my mistake"

The queen smirked" brave choice , especially from a prey don't you think?"

Caith looked away, while the queen walked closer" it takes more than bravery to be the king lycan, I am giving you two weeks to choose carefully"

She was to walk away when he growled,her eyes widened, she watched as his eyes turned into a deep shade of red

" Ereshkigal Imperia...do not underestimate me... I am not your subject...I am your mate so do not order me around.."

The queen slowly moved away as she was been stalked by an angry looking Caith

"Do not treat me like your second...I am your mate...you are my mate and should treat me as such...I will stay here and wait when you are prepared..a week Imperia...a week"

The queen watched as the angry Caith calmed and his face turned from confused to nervous.

She furrowed her brows"you should go home,I'll get back to you"