Chapter fifty one

Eres was impressed on how fast Enki was learning to rule, he was just natural at it, but his greatest weakness will be his emotions.

She was reading through scrolls and books when Afra came in and bowed"your Majesty..."

Eres did not look up from the book"what happened in the East?, the Ea has not reported yet"

Afra nodded" Lord Aatami, and Lady Lina, of the Eastern orc district just travelled"

Eres nodded" did Race record it?, Did the king release their souls"

" Yes, that was the reason the king traveled Eastward today"

Eres knew that, but the fact that he did it so naturally, just made her adore him more.

" We are going to the West, the Ea complained of an increase in fairy activities in fae land, I am sure you know of that, also I need the run down for the Uranus festival, we expect three more travels from the East and Seven from the South, that is for the elders, make sure to inform Race of a switch in duties after next month, so you could see how much progress they both make"

Afra nodded, her eyes twitching from the scrolls to the books back to the queen" ask away, "

She grinned taking a seat" Ria, why are you concerned with the humans and what culture they have? "

Eres looked up finally," I am expecting, a meeting with my son before the next year elapses"

Afra grinned" really?, Oh Pluto finally, but why did you delay? Why not now?"

Eres shook her head"you my friend should know, I do not act in a hurry, I have so many reasons"

" Oh, I could go bring him myself, Enzo and I are good with the human world, you could even send Mat... No he hates it there, Viktor... "

" Afra it not time yet, I will  let you know when I decide to"

Afra grinned taking out a diamond box," I know you said no more gifts but I wouldn't be a best friend if I didn't get you one"

Eres shook her head" you are not my..."

Afra scoffed" you don't grow up now do you?, We've been friends for thousands of years, through civilisations, through all rough times, we had known each other a century before meeting Primrose or Llew, I know you too well, almost too well to know you  are hiding things or playing a dangerous game...so I am your best friend"

Eres rolled her eyes, opening the box, she gasped" Afra Karma Uranus,..."

Afra grinned" I wanted it to be a wedding gift, I just had to make sure it was complete...took me two months but...."

Eres looked at the painting of her father, carrying young Eres, while playing the piano, she only had the images in her mind" Afra..."

Afra could see emotions in her eyes" you..."

Eres smiled sadly" Caith is spoiling me, I think I will shed tears like 8 years old me, this is beautiful, thank you, thank you..."

Afra smiled" you have done more for me than anyone else, I hate this prolonged darkness that has eaten up my friend, my sister, just know if you ever need someone to talk to like old times"

Eres nodded" thank you"

They heard a soft knock, Afra smile widened as Ria's eyes lightened" come in"

Caith looking all perfect walked in, he grinned" Lady Afra, looking as beautiful as always"

Afra grinned" not as you, your majesty,and I must say, these two months of royal duties were impressive"Caith nodded pecking his wife's lips" thank you,...how was your day my love?"

Afra quickly excused herself, at least she'd spend some time with Race, he's always too busy these days.

Eres smiled" oh so far my day was boring till Afra came and now yourself"

Caith was so happy, Eres was more open with him and at least she could hold a conversation with him.

He took her hand" you know the usual love, we feed before more work"

Eres nodded, Caith has made it a habit, since she can not eat inside but rather like savage predator, he always makes sure to take her out for launch at least for the hunt.

He even went as far as hunting with her, although he is always too lazy to hunt or even eat the fresh hunt.
****
" I was taught sea creatures have the tastiest blood and flesh"

Eres hummed as Caith help take off her robe by the sea. She bite her finger tip and allowed a small drop in the purple sea, it was a warning for creatures to hide.

She was naked, her eyes glowed red, she turned to her husband" won't you come with me"

"No go have your launch sweetheart"

She dived inside inside the blue sea.

***
Her body immediately shifted to adapt to her surrounding.

She smiled at the beauty, the entire place was quiet, which is unlike the sea, the sea is always a fun fare.

She decided to swim deeper, there are always the stubborn ones.

She heard whistling, it was in the mind,but the ears of a hunter is always on alert.

She caught up with the good looking male sea being, her pretty face was now deathly, pale white scales filled her face as she patiently waited for the prey to come closer.

She caught him by surprise before he could scream, she was already draining his aura,her fangs grazed his skin till his wrist, she drank every liquid in him before slowly sighed in satisfaction.

****

They sat in a comfortable silence,"I used to do this with father and Vladimir, watch the natural changes"

She looked up at Caith"I wished Osiris and I could also have these moments"

Caith knew Osiris, he heard from kingdom and palace rumours.

Caith asked curiously"I have seen you watch younglings through that shade, what do you really watch?"

Eres' eyes flashed with brief surprise cause no one, no one ever thought anything else when she seat in that spot quietly.

" How did you even find out?"
Caith flashed back

Flashback

Caith was so exhausted, he already is in love with ruling, but it was exhausting.

He entered the usual shade and luckily there's was the usual tea settings on the table.

He sat down on his wife's usual spot, goodness he missed her,a frown made it way on his face when he thought back"she always seats here,and stare out...."

He looked up and saw a thick forest on the other side, he stood up and sat on the other side, there were only streets and busy Uranians, no sight of the forest.

He came back and saw that the forest was isolated,she doesn't watch the younglings, she watches that forest, she sits calmly and watched the forest keenly.

End of flashback

She frowned, looking at the water that flowed pass them" It all began there, my pain, it all started there"