Chapter seventeen

The moon slowly disappeared, the darkness disappeared, now was time for mourning and celebration.

Caith groaned as something crawl on him,he opened his eyes and was welcomed with the sound of singing fairies.

He groaned,his body feels numb,his throat felt sore.

He heard that familiar whispery voice"you should be exhausted drink this"

He took the flooding liquid,and gulped it,it had a strange taste.

His eyes finally cleared,he saw her sitting in front of him on the purple grass, her clothes were different.

Her robe torn,blood and dirty was all over her, her puffy hair was now braided.

Her brown skin glowed under the star lights, she's still the most beautiful female ever known in any world.

Her eyes now a very light shade of brown,her ears still long and her family makings just on her left cheek.

She for the first time in months looks normal?

"Are you done?"

"Um..sorry"

She smiled softly

Her eyes were glued to the sky,while his were glued on her.

"Enki..."

"Eres..."

She sighed"tell me something, when you become king what will you do?"

Caith frowned" I honestly do not know, I mean almost everything seems perfect"

She chuckled"you better think again my king"

He shrugged" I just need to learn, you already a great ruler"

She looked at him with a look he could not read,she smiled for the first time he saw her teeth"you'll make an amazing leader,but you should look around more"

"My father used to bring us here, Viktor and I, Viktor and I are the only dark elves amongst my siblings"

Caith furrowed his brows in confusion" Ea Viktor is pale skin..."

" Caith dark or pale skin is not how elves are identified, Afra was just identified a dark elf because she's my friend from when we were young, but the only elves amongst my siblings are just Viktor and I"

He nodded still confused" Enzo and I share a lot as a twin but our beings are different"

"Viktor had one hell of a temper,he would curse every living thing and fought his mentors, father was worried"

She smiled dreamily" I was a different case,Afra and I used to spar with the guards and one time I killed one male youngling, I dug my claws in his chest and took out his heart "

Caith frowned, she smiled" father was so upset, alongside lady Algea, "

" But when we came here, it felt different, it became my spot, we held friendly meetings here"

Caith smiled" seems this place holds a lot of memories for you"

She nodded" this place is one of my favorite spot, at least good memories are here"

" Eres do you ever have regrets?...like regret been a queen?...I mean you should be missing somethings"

" I don't regret been the queen, it has it tensed moments but trust me, been able to watch everyone for centuries is what I was made for,humans say 'life is too short', but for me life is too long for me to regret been me"

He smiled," you should get ready for lady Algea,she contacted me"

" Thank you Eres"

"There's nothing to be thankful about"

He shrugged" for giving me a chance, teaching me and also not leaving me here alone"

She leaned closer making his heart beat fast" you are my mate"

She pecked his cheek softly, his face heat up, this has been the only time she's shown any type of attraction towards him.

She stood on her feet "step into the water,it will purify you"

****

Imperia was back in the palace, the celebrations were still very loud and lively.

She was so calm, that was so scary,after the hunt she
accept invitations from any 10 families in the kingdom for the next two weeks.

She looked at the necklace she took from the vampire, that had been all she did.

She sighed when she heard a soft knock on her door,she sighed"come in"

She smiled seeing her favorite aunties, they bowed"your majesty"

She bowed in response"lady Algea...lady Bertina"

Lady Bertina quickly hugged her niece"oh child, I missed you, you don't visit me any longer"

She sighed as the little youngling Bertina knew" Lady Bertina you know I barely have time to travel the East without a schedule"

Algea rolled her eyes at Bertina"stop been a baby"

Bertina rolled her eyes as Algea pecked their niece's cheek and forehead"why are you indoors?, there's a feast been prepared for the after hunt and the king's test preparation"

Imperia sighed sitting down"I just do not feel like going out today"

Bertina furrowed her brows "what is wrong child?"

Imperia looked at both of her aunties carrying concerned looks on their faces, she held out the golden necklace, two hands carrying a small bundle.

"Osiris...I wore this around his neck,and I made sure to mark him, yesterday a bloodsucker had this"

Algea eyes softened,while Bertina asked" baby did you question him?"

She sighed" for once in my life I'm scared,maybe I should not even try to find out anything about him"

Algea held her niece's hands in hers" I've known you for all my life Ereshkigal and been scared is new but not bad,go question him"

Bertina quickly shook her head" no no no, child  ease your mind,it been centuries since you saw him or felt him,you need to be prepared for anything"

Imperia nodded holding the necklace close" cover my son Uranus as you have been doing"

Imperia exhaled" how's Enki's training going?"

" Oh the young man is progressing and truth be told I also see those demonic eyes"

Bertina smiled" oh and Lord Vladilen is here, he's worried"

Imperia smiled, she was always happy to see the Lord of blood demons, he is so funny.

"I should clean up before appearing in front of the lord"

Algea nodded and stood on her feet alongside Bertina "Ereshkigal better look for a day to come visit your old auntie, I have things to tell you"