Chapter forty one

Dimitri was the first of the regional Lords to appear for the meeting, watched his youngest sibling go through her day"brother..."

He hummed"yes sister"

Imperia smiled at her brother"old habits..."

He chuckled, his eyes shining with joy"every single time I look at you, Enzo and yourself, I just can't believe how much time passed since you two were born"

Imperia shook her head with a grin"it feels like just yesterday when, mother was smiling so wide about her pregnancy, and making us promise to be on our best behaviors, because younglings can smell bad habits..."

Imperia could only admire the smile on his face, as he thought back to the memory"just yesterday when father brought back the news to ma and pa about the revelation, we all really wanted a female but then it was revealed, mother had in her two males, Tias was so heartbroken...till that night, that night when the midwives brought the news we had a stubborn male and a calm beautiful female "

Dimitri sighed dreamily, his red eyes gleaming with joy " Vik almost threw father on the hard floor as he tried teleporting himself in mother's birthing chamber, every single soul was obsessed with you, I remember Enzo's little fingers holding yours tight, mother had that tired smile on her face, if at that point she knew what was to come..."

Imperia looked away" she would never had chosen that path, she wanted to raise you both as the perfect simplest creatures regardless of the royal blood or been chosen, "

He held her fingers in his" I know what you are doing, you are strong I know, everyone can feel it, but tonight you will take that oath to share this burden and live as happy as the next person..."

" Mitri the crown makes me happy..."

" Oh sister before that crown I knew you, it makes you happy I and everyone can see that, but do you not think you need a life away from it, you remember when you were that female who just wanted to groom flowers and watch younglings grow happy"

Imperia clenched her jaws" I still do that "

" When was the last time you closed your eyes and let time pass without thinking of things to do, scroll to seal...father had this throne too but he st..."

Imperia shook her head as Tias and Vik stepped in" brother..."

Vik could tell she was getting worked up, and Mitri could feel the shift in her aura, her twitching from black to white"sister fa..."

Her voice went loud"father had everything, father always had everything, everything, like you all do, I have nothing,you reminisce about mother while I only imagine what she might have looked like, I had to watch father and pa die, none of you did, I had to watch every single one of you fall into that stupid slumber while I stayed alone..."

She sighed calming down" you all have your mates right by your sides, I... I just have to cross my fingers and wait, father always had us, but I... lost my youngling to the human world..."

The brothers frowned as her shoulders fell and she laughed painfully" truth is I will never be father, none of you or father could understand been alone, I have just my kingdom to make me sane, growing flowers , swimming, hunting, watching younglings, singing, dancing, was not made for someone like me"

Before Mitri could talk, she shook her head" I understand you are trying to be the great brother you are, but I am fine, I just want you all to trust that I am happy as I can"

Dimitri sighed before pecking her forehead" I am just right here, if you ever want something I can offer okay"

She nodded with a sad smile, Mat hugged her tightly" no one is going anywhere sister, we are all here"

The two Lords left, but Vik stood with a sad smile," I can't be you like I will never survive it, just know you do not have to be father or anyone, you are already a perfect Ereshkigal"

She hugged her older brother" thank you brother"

He sighed" let us go talk with your mate,"

Imperia sighed as he floated out of the office

****

Caith watched as each regional Lord walked into the small courtroom, he could see the resemblance they all had from their eye shape to their way of walking. And even the striking resemblance with their parents, both Enzo and Imperia share a lot in common with Pluto regardless of skin colour.

A bowl of black liquid was brought forth by a servant, Aarne watched the Lords with admiration causing Caith to almost roll his eyes, he is totally doing what humans love doing"fan girling".

Ea Matias too the bowl and utter words causing the liquid to heat up, while Ea Dimitri said "you have come this far, we really do not have much words to say except, from today, remember you are no longer Caith Enki Ahearn, your life is no longer yours but the throne's, you are no longer the lycan from Southern Ray Pack, from today you swear to be what Uranus and Pluto wants you to be, a king, a mate, a father, a friend, a brother,an enemy to beings you do not know, to beings who might never appreciate your efforts or even betray you, do you want to carry this burden?"

The part of Pluto and Uranus choosing what they want him to be almost made him laugh" I do my Lords"

Ea Viktor added" if ever this oath is broken, misery shall be the least thing you should worry about"

His eyes widened, this was when it clicked, they were trying to make sure he doesn't run off like Vladimir did, they wanted to make sure, he wouldn't leave her" I do"

Enzo handed him the bowl of black liquid"this is the blood of the five Pluto siblings of this generation"

He drank it, and truth be told, he only drank cause his mate's blood actually made the mixture taste different, it not...,

He missed his mate, he thought.