chapter eight

Imperia's POV

I groaned angrily as I heard a maid enter my chamber, "are you new? "

She whimpered quickly bowing
" yes Your majesty"

I nodded " next time  you don't hear my permission before intruding my chamber.... That day will be your last...you understand that right? "

I almost smiled at her shivering form" why did you interrupt my time?"

I could clearly read her mind but I wanted to hear from her lips"your majesty...lady Bertina is here alongside lady Aglea,they request for the queen"

I sighed, my aunties are sometimes a thorn to my soul although I like them a lot

"On your way out let Meryl know your offence and lead you out"

She looked like she wanted to plead but wisely decided to close her mouth"Yes your majesty"

••••

After the relaxing bath, I wore one of my royal robes, it pure golden color.

The door to my chamber was opened and I stepped out and walked to the guest room" look at my little baby...you don't visit us anymore"

I hugged her tightly, auntie Bertina has always been a mother figure to is"ma'am you know how kingdom politics get"

Auntie Algea scoffed " you talk as your father,that throne is a burden better accept that boy so you two should share the burden"

I smiled" oh please Algea my baby is doing well on her own

Lady Aglea is my father's twin sister,l look so much like her and their father which always made others think of her as my mother.

While Lady Bertina is my mother's older sister

"Tell me about the boy,but I still like that demon boy what was his name?...oh yeah Vladimir"

I sighed "the boy is human and lycan"

"That does not even makes sense a human...they are the worst,they are like vegetables"

I nodded totally my point,just a drop of human blood in any being makes it weak

Aunt Algea said " you two are been unfair to the poor boy,he'll make a great leader I can feel it moreso He's more demon than human"

Lady Bertina and I scoffed"Algea human blood is worst...those things irritate me"

I nodded but aunt Algea said " if he doesn't change his mind I'd like to train him"

I'm sure the look on aunt Bertina and I was full of shock

" Why would you even suggest that?"

She grinned"I believe he is the right choice,and I know no one feels comfortable with a human...so I should do it"

I sighed trying not to let my thoughts stray far"if he becomes king...what happens to Vladimir?"

Their faces fell,"oh poor child... Vladimir will always be your mate...but we both know the throne can't wait for him "

Aunt Algea said softly"he is your mate....but not the king,"

I nodded "and you should let him back"

I shook my head" he knows the laws,and he broke them knowingly"

•••••

After my time with my aunts, I attended a few meetings before walking towards father's library" Imperia...I turned to see Viktor"

I smiled" brother.."

He pecked my forehead" oh my sweet little sister"

I grinned" brother... I'm surprised you found time to leave the north to my humble home"

He chuckled" I always have time for my favorite sibling"

I scrunched my face" the lies you tell Vic.. you need a favour only I can do...I know you all too well"

He chuckled" you're still my favorite sibling"

I shook my head" what do you want big brother?"

He sighed" the conflicts in the North is becoming unbearable,and I know..I know I told you I'd handle them but right now I'm loosing it all"

I frowned" you fear the black moon?.. brother we go through this process every decades...you need to accept it"

He groaned" Ereshkigal...I'm not that tough,I quickly loose control and with these conflicts my people are at risk"

I nodded, understanding him," I will not promise anything for now but I'll send Afra and Dexterio in two days"

He grinned pecking my forehead" thank you so much sister"

I grinned,he was to say something when a guard interrupted us"your majesty..."

He bowed, "my lord sorry for interrupting you...but your highness is in the courtroom and he seeks an audience with you my queen"

I frowned while Viktor smirked" take care of yourself sister"  with that he disappeared

I walked to the courtroom, there sat the strange creature that was my mate.

He bowed"your majesty"

I nodded"my queen...I just came here to let you know I'm not giving up on this bond...I might be weak but...I believe you were chosen for me for a reason"

I frowned"are you certain about this decision boy?...."

I watched his eyes flicker red then back to their normal silver

Strange

"Yes my queen"

I sighed"you have high chances of not making it out alive"

He nodded"I know that my queen"

I smirked,"your courage is adorable...but it not enough"

I walked closer to his giant frame, I am a tall female but he still hovers over me,I tried not to close my eyes at his scent which is the same thing he was doing.

"I know that your majesty but I'm ready to try"

I nodded, looking in his eyes" you order the servants to clean you up,and wear you a pre-royal robe"

I could tell he was too humble to order anyone around.

He asked" do you mean now?"

" Yes...you should"

He groaned" I wish I could"

I nodded waving my hand and a guard came in bowing"show him to his chamber,send a set of trained maids to bath him..."

The guard nodded"then you make sure to ask Dexterio to summon lady Algea as soon as he is ready for her presence"

" Well understood your majesty"

I smiled " see you soon mate"