Undercover: Part 2

previously....

I began walking up the hill, unable to shake the feeling that something was going to go south tonight and I continued thinking about everything that could possibly go wrong tonight.

Katie's POV:

I looked in the direction of the truck where Travis was as he nodded at me and Daniel approached me while I stood outside of the bar we were scheduled to meet at. "Lacey?" I heard him ask as I looked over at him and smiled. "Hi, it's so nice to finally meet you!" I said cheerfully as he smiled and grabbed my hand, lifting it up to his lips as he kissed it and I giggled. "It's about time I met you in person. I thought for sure I was being cat fished." He said as I laughed shyly and he opened the door to the bar for me. I thanked him and walked in with him right on my heel as he placed a hand on the lower part of my back, leading me to a high table with high bar stools and we took a seat. We made small talk and the waitress came over to take our orders as I internally began to panic over the fact that I'm 16 sitting in a bar with a fake ID. She eventually asked for our ID's and I handed mine to her, holding my breath with fear as she examined and she suddenly smiled. I felt relief wash over me when she handed it back to me and I laid it on the table, diverting my focus back to my date as he went on to talk about his job that he can't possibly have with all the spying he's been doing on us. Our drinks finally came and I cautiously took a sip of my alcohol, letting it slip down my throat as it burned and I felt my face get hot. "Wow, that was strong. What is it?" I asked as I coughed and Daniel chucked. sipping at his drink as I wiped my mouth. "It's Brothers Bourbon. One of my favorites." He said as I laughed and looked out the window, watching as a hooded figure walked by the window and I turned my attention back to Daniel. I took another sip of my drink as Daniel continued to tell me funny stories and a couple minutes later, I felt something funny in my stomach and my vision wouldn't stay clear no matter how much I tried to focus it. "Katie, are you ok? Even I can tell you don't look well from out here." I heard Travis ask in my ear as I nodded and I attempted to stand up. "Excuse me, I'm not feeling the greatest.." I said in slurred voice and fled the table as I quickly made my way towards the bathroom.

Travis's POV:

"Katie, are you ok? Even I can tell you don't look well from out here." I said into my earpiece as I saw Katie nod but someone completely blocked my view through the window by standing in front of it and I was instantly blind to what was happening inside. "Katie?" I asked again, hoping and praying for a response but received nothing except static. Her earpiece must've fallen out because that's the only way to lose the connection. I waited another minute to receive any sign from her that she was ok so I didn't barge in and blow our cover but when I got a very bad feeling instead, I hopped out of the truck and dashed into the bar with no hesitation.

Katie's POV:

I stumbled into the bathroom and crashed into a stall, hitting the floor hard as I threw up into the toilet violently. I waited for a second and threw up one more time as the door to the bathroom squeaked open, hearing heavy foot steps as someone entered the bathroom and I narrowed my eyes. "What the hell did you do to me?! How did you know who I was!?" I asked coldly, starting to feel drowsy as I looked back to see Keri standing there in all black with a wicked smile plastered on her face and I gasped. "Well well, little Katie Gardner isn't as powerful now that she can barely stand up." She said with an evil tone as she held up my fake ID, making me realize that she must've snatched it off the table when I wasn't looking and Daniel probably knew who I was the moment it was out of range. Daniel suddenly appeared next to her, smiling at the sight of me on the floor weakened and barely able to keep my head up. "Grab her and let's go before Stoll shows up." Keri hissed as Daniel dragged me out of the stall despite my attempts to fight back and get out of his grip. He pulled me to my feet and tried to throw me over his shoulder but I pushed him off of me with all the strength I had left, causing him stumble back as he dropped me to the floor and I laid there completely drained of energy by whatever they drugged me with. "Katie?" I heard Travis call from just outside the bathroom as Keri and Daniel looked at each other with wide eyes. "Behind the door! Now!" Keri said in a hushed tone and he made it behind the door just as it began to open.