Familiar Stranger

Hi guys! Oh, how I've missed you so much! I know I kind of dropped off the face of the earth for a while but since we're in quarantine and spring break is here, this brilliant idea came to me and I just couldn't pass it up! I don't know how many other one-shots I'll write till this quarantine is lifted but know that I'm sticking around for a couple weeks and I will absolutely take requests while I still have the time to write!!!

Katie's POV:

"Come on, Katie!!! He's right on our tail!" Travis shouted, pulling on my hand as we ran through the dense forest near camp. I looked back and spotted the huge cyclops chasing after us, knocking down trees and roaring as we continued running. "Oh gods." Travis muttered as I looked ahead and saw that we were coming up on a hill that dropped down into denser forest but we had to keep going. We began running down the hill till a branch tripped us and we screamed as we began rolling down the steep hill. Dead leaves and twigs crunched under our weight as we tumbled the rest of the way down the hill. I suddenly hit my head on a rock as a shooting pain shot through my head and we finally reached the bottom. We both groaned as my vision got fuzzy and my head began pounding. Travis got up and rushed over to me because I was groaning, clutching my head as he examined me. "Oh gods Katie. You're bleeding bad." He said as he sat me up and ripped off a strip of cloth from the bottom of his shirt, wrapping it around my head to cover the gash in my forehead. "I can't see. Everything is fuzzy and my head is killing me." I whimpered and felt the ground shake harder as the cyclops got closer. "You have to leave me! Go!" I said and attempted to clear my vision, suddenly feeling Travis's warm hand on my cheek as we looked each other in the eyes. "I'm not leaving you. Ever." He stated bluntly, kissing my forehead as he scooped me up bridal style and began running. "Travis, I'm slowing you down. You have to leave me behind!" I protested as the cyclops began catching up but he continued jogging through the thick forest. "Never." He said as we emerged from the forest at the edge of a cliff with a huge waterfall and a river meters below. "Guess this is where I fight back." He said and placed me down gently on to the wet rocks as he pulled out his sword. "No, you can't! You don't stand a chance on your own!" I told him frantically as he looked back at me and got down on one knee so he was at my level. "I know but this is your best chance at survival so I have to fight back. You have to live on even if I don't survive." He told me as tears began brimming my eyes. "No, I can't go on without you." I whimpered as a tear fell from my eye and he kissed me passionately. "I love you." He stated as he pulled away but before I could respond, the cyclops emerged from the forest as Travis stood up and faced him. The cyclops began to charge as Travis stood his ground, sword ready as he stood in between me and the cyclops. Vines suddenly shot up from the ground and wrapped around the cyclops's feet as he roared, tripping as he slammed on the ground right in front of Travis. Before Travis could make a move, one more large vine shot up from the ground and wrapped around the cyclops's neck as he roared. The vine began choking him as he gagged and Travis backed up to guard me, the cyclops letting out one last roar before he disappeared into gold dust. "Woah, nice going Katie-Kat." Travis said as he looked at me but I looked back at him with confusion. "Babe, those weren't my vines. I can't even see clearly or think straight right now, let alone use my powers." Travis said as his eyes grew wide and I scanned around us, my eyes landing on a woman in a green cloak retreating into the woods. "Hey, wait...." I said, attempting to get up as I stumbled and Travis caught me, helping me stand on my feet as the woman looked back at me for a split second and we made eye contact. Her emerald green eyes were identical to mine and she suddenly seemed so familiar yet I've never seen her before in my life. A gust of wind suddenly swept up near her, swirling around her as she disintegrated into leaves and just like that, she was gone. "Woah, did you see that woman?" I asked Travis as he looked towards where she was once standing but he shook his head. "No Katie, I didn't see anyone." He told me as I looked at him in disbelief. "She was right there! Those were her vines that saved us." I told him as he looked at me skeptically. "Are you sure they weren't yours? Not even as a reflex or something?" He asked as I glared at him. "No, I have to be able to focus to use my powers. I can't even think right now." I told him, my head pounding more as I staggered a bit and he wrapped his arm around my waist to keep me from falling. "Alrighty Katie. You're done for the day and you need to see Will immediately. I think you're seeing things." Travis told me as he scooped me up bridal style and I wrapped my arms around his neck, leaning my head on his shoulder as my vision became even fuzzier. "I'm not.....seeing........things........" I told him as everything suddenly went black.

>>>>> A couple hours later >>>>>

A bright light flooded my vision as I stirred and my eyes fluttered open. My eyes adjusted to the bright light as I sat up groaning, clutching my head as I noticed I was in the infirmary. "Hey, you're awake." I heard someone say softly and I spotted Travis sitting in the chair next to me stretching as he yawned, clearly just waking up from a nap. "How long have we been here?" I asked, knowing he stayed here the whole time I was here because he hates knowing I'm by myself when I'm in the infirmary. He stood up and kissed me as he sat down on my bed, looking at his watch. "About 5 hours. It's nearly dinner time." He told me, rubbing my leg as I smiled at him. "Great! I'm starving!" I said as I tried getting up but Travis scrambled to grab my legs and hold them in place. "Oh no ma'am. Will requests that he runs a few more tests before he releases you so I'll go get your dinner. I'll be sure to get your favorite." Travis told me as I fake pouted, crossing my arms as he laughed and kissed my forehead. "I'll be back." He told me as I nodded and watched him leave. A few seconds later, Will appeared with a clip board in his hand. "Hey Katie. You feeling any better?" He asked me as I shrugged. "A little bit but I have a killer headache." I told him as he nodded and handed me a tray with ambrosia and necter on it. "I'm sure! You have a concussion too but the ambrosia should fix that. We'll run a few tests once you feel better and make sure you'll be safe to go." He told me as I nodded and took a bite of my ambrosia. When I finished with it, I sipped at my necter as he gently changed that bandage on my head and I felt my headache go down tremendously. "The wound on your head is nearly healed thanks to that ambrosia but we'll keep this bandage on for another 24 hours till it's fully healed and hopefully you won't be left with a scar." Will told me as I nodded and Travis returned with our dinners. "Here you go milady!" He announced as I smiled at him and he placed the tray on my lap. "It's beautiful!" I stated, gawking at my glorious salad as Travis laughed and I kissed him. "Thank you." I told him as he sat down with his tray on his lap. "Only the best for my girl." He told me as I giggled and grabbed my fork, taking my first bite as Travis began eating his food. "So Katie-Kat, tell me about that woman you think you saw." He said as I sipped at my nectar and glared at him. "Travis, she was really there. I know what I saw." I told him as he thought for a minute. "Katie, you hit your head pretty hard and you vision was fuzzy. There's definitely a possibility you imagined her and those were your vines that saved us. "But Travis, that's the thing. I saw her clearly and made eye contact with her. She was the one thing I could see clearly. She had the same emerald green eyes that my sisters and I share with our mother. They were unmistakable." I told him as he looked at me weirdly. "Do you think she could be related to you through your mother?" He asked me as I thought about it. "It definitely could be a possibility but there's more to it. There was something different about her compared to my other sisters. There's no way she's been to camp before yet she seemed like she had thousands of years experience under her belt when it came to her powers and abilities. I mean, she literally shape shifted into leaves and blew away with the wind. The only people I know who can do that is my mother and Persephone but Persephone shape shifts into flower petals. I'm going to find out who she is, even if it's the last thing I do."

You already know I got a part 2 lined up for you guys 👀