The Bus!

Travis' POW:
"Ok babe! I'm leaving for the hospital! I'll see you later when I get home!" Katie said, kissing me and grabbing her purse as I paused my tv show. "Ok! Do you have your pepper spray?" I asked. "Yes!" She said, showing me the handheld pepper spray that I bought her. "Do you have your taser?" I asked as she looked at me weirdly, then searched for the small taser I hid in her purse. She pulled it out and placed it on the coffee table, looking at me with her hands on her hips. "Travis, I am not taking a taser on the bus!" Katie said, slipping on her coat. "Fine, but take your pepper spray!" I told her as she put in her coat pocket. "Ok, I gotta go!" She said, opening our apartment door. "Alrighty! I love you!" I said as she looked back at me and smiled. "I love you too!" She said, blowing me a kiss and shutting the door. I bought Katie a pepper spray and taser because she had to take the bus to the hospital where she volunteered as a candy stripe. Both of our cars are in the shop so we either have to walk, take the subway, or the bus to get somewhere. Since Katie volunteered night shifts at the hospital, I pretty much forced her to take some pepper spray because I don't trust people or the bus. I got up and went to the window where I watched Katie get on the bus safety. I walked back to the couch and unpaused my tv show, watching the rest of the episode. After 20 minutes, I  felt a force pulling me to switch to the news so I did. The lady came on and there was a breaking news thing flashing above her head. "We just got breaking news! The bus on the way to the Bellevue Hospital crashed due to the driver having a heart attack but we have yet to find out if there are any casualties. We have Ben Sanders live at the scene now!" The lady said. That was Katies bus!!!! I wasn't sticking around to listen but lucky for me, the bus only made it a few blocks down. I ran out the door and down the hall. I wasn't waiting for the elevator so I ran down 4 flights of stairs and through the lobby. My younger brother Caleb was working tonight so I used that to my advantage. "Caleb, give me your keys!!" I said as my half brother looked at me weirdly. "Why?" He asked as I continued to lose my patience. "I'll explain later!!! Now give me your damn keys!!!" I snapped as he raised his hands in defeat and reached into his pocket, tossing me his car keys. I caught them and ran to his car, hopping in and taking off down the road. I made it to the scene of the accident in under 5 minutes and saw that it was surrounded by firetrucks, police cars, and witnesses. I parked and shoved my way through people to the front of the crowd at the caution tape. The accident was worse than I though. The bus swerved and hit a building, injuring a lot of people badly. I watched as people came off the bus, bleeding badly and suffering from fractures. Finally, I watched as Katie stumbled down the steps. She was clutching her head, which was leaking with blood as she tried to get down the steps without falling. "Katie!!!" I yelled and ran under the caution tape, causing the police to yell at me but I didn't care. My girlfriend needed me. Katie stepped on to the road and stumbled forward. She looked up at me but she tripped and spun backwards, falling with her back to the ground. I ran faster and caught her, then lifting her up bridal style. "Travis?" She asked, clutching her head as I carried her to an ambulance. "Hey baby! You're ok! We are going to fix you up!" I told her as paramedics ran over and I laid her down on the stretcher. They wheeled her into the ambulance and we went to the hospital. In the end, Katie had a severe concussion and a broken wrist but she was ok. Thank the gods she wasn't hurt anymore than she already was. This is why I never trust NYC buses!!!