Cuddles

Katie's POV:

"Well Katie-Kat, looks like we're sharing a bed!" Travis stated as we walked into our motel room, spotting a queen bed to the left as I sighed, completely exhausted from our finally completed quest. "I don't care as long as it's comfy." I said quietly as I stripped off my shirt, leaving me in a sports bra as I collapsed on the bed and nearly fell asleep on the spot. I felt Travis pull the covers out from underneath me and cover me up as I slipped into a very needed deep sleep.

The next morning.......

I stirred in my soft and comfy position as I peered one eye open slowly in attempt to wake myself up. I looked down to notice two arms around my stomach but I shrugged it off as I began to close my eyes again till they shot open again when I noticed the watch on one of the wrists. There is only one person I know with a custom watch from his father like that. I looked back slowly to find a peacefully sleeping Travis cuddled into my back as his forehead rested in the nook of my shoulder. My eyes grew wide as I turned back over, my face getting hot with blush as I laid there stiffly and felt my heart pounding in my chest. I laid there awkwardly till I felt a soft kiss on my bare shoulder and immediately relaxed into his grip as my heart rate began to slow down. He pulled me even tighter as he nuzzled his face into my shoulder and I slowed my breathing so I didn't disturb him because I really could stay here all day. For once in the past week, I felt safe now that I was in the arms of my best friend. My best friend. I know I shouldn't have feelings for him but he's always been there for me and protected me since we were 11. Just lying here with him holding me protectively and his hot breath down my neck gave me intense butterflies and chills down my spine that were undeniable. I wanted to move even closer (if that was even possible) but I didn't want to disturb him because he was just as exhausted as I was from our quest so I smoothly turned towards him and cuddled into his bare but warm chest. I felt even more comfortable this way as our legs became tangled with each other and his head followed to the top of my head where he rested his chin, drawing us even closer together. It was a risky move altogether but now that I was wide awake, I wouldn't dare move for the world because I was exactly where I belonged. I never thought I could fall in love with this kind of stuff but I no longer saw him as my childish best friend. He was now this handsome young man who would risk his life just to protect me and I was in love with him just like he was in love with me. He would always deny it when he was confronted but everyone around us saw how perfect we are together and I didn't even realize till this very moment. I smiled into his chest at the thought of us as I slowly tilted my head up to carefully place a soft kiss on his collarbone. He twitched to the feel of it as I froze and quickly hid my face, pretending to be asleep in an attempt to avoid him as he slowly began to wake up. I laid there motionless as he looked down at me and I could hear his heart speed up as he shifted, giving me the chance to pretend like I had just woken up. "Uh, good morning." He said in a croaky voice with a lopsided grin as he released his grip on me and I immediately frowned. He stretched and wiped his eyes and without any hesitation, I rolled over onto his stomach and laid on top of him as I nuzzled my face into his neck. His eyes widened as his arms hovered over me, unsure of what to do as I looked up at him with a small smile. "Five more minutes." I said softly as I kissed his jaw and returned my head to his chest, causing him to smile back at me and wrap his arms around me as he sank into the cuddle. He kissed my head as I smiled and listened to his heartbeat begin to settle down, closing my eyes as we continued to lay there for a little bit longer.

Hi guys, I wrote this at work when I was bored so it's not the longest but I hope you enjoyed!  Btw, if it seems familiar to you, this was inspired by another one shot I read on another ship so if it seems familiar, that would by why and all the credit goes to that writer!! This was not an original idea that I had but with that aside, I hope you guys are having a wonderful summer vacation and hopefully I'll get to write again soon !!