A Wedding Gone Wrong

WARNING!!!!! A TRATIE RESCUE MISSION MENTION IN HERE!!!!!! I SUGGEST READING IT FIRST!!!!!!

Katie's POV:

"You ready? It's now or never?" My maid of honor and sister Miranda said, placing a hand on my shoulder as we waited behind huge wooden double doors with the other bridesmaids and groomsmen. "I've been waiting for this day my entire life. I'm more than ready!" I said and she smiled widely as the best man, also known as Connor, approached us. "You look beautiful! I could never ask for a better sister-in-law than you!" Connor said and hugged me as I smiled. "Thank you! I could never ask for a better brother-in-law!" I said as we broke apart, Miranda looping her arm with Connor's as she leaned her head on his arm. "You're on in 10 seconds! Hurry!" Aphrodite, who insisted on being my wedding planner, exclaimed as Connor and Miranda rushed to the double doors in front of the line. Behind them stood my 2 other bridesmaids and the 2 other groomsmen, who were waiting anxiously for the doors to open. Annabeth (of course) was paired with Percy and Lou Ellen was paired with Cecil. I watched as Aphrodite pulled open the doors and Connor led Miranda forward through the doorway, disappearing till Annabeth and Percy followed seconds later. Last but certainly not least, Cecil and Lou Ellen went and I was left all alone in the lobby of the church with Aphrodite. She watched as the parties made their way to the altar and once they made it, she mouthed "10 seconds" towards the pianist then entered the chapel area. I took a deep breath as stepped closer to the door and waited for the music to start. Suddenly, a huge gust of wind blew from behind me and slammed the huge wooden doors shut. I whipped around and found myself face-to-face with someone I only encountered once, but that was years ago. "Luci." I snarled as the empousa grinned evilly at me. "Hello Katie Gardner." She said with venom dripping from her words. "What the hell are you doing here? You should know to never interrupt a girl's big day." I said blankly, keeping my hand on my ring disguised as my sword. "It took me years to train and crawl out of tartarus but if you still think I didn't come after you immediately, you have another thing coming sweetheart." She said as I ripped the bottom attachment off of my dress (above) and slipped my ring off, throwing it up as she ran at me. She grabbed my shoulders and threw me towards the doors as I hit them, falling to the ground as I groaned. I looked up and watched as my ring morphed into my sword, falling back down and clattering against the ground as Luci approached me. I pulled my bun out as my hair crusaded down my back and picked myself up again, dusting myself off.

Miranda's POV:

I gave Travis an approving nod as Connor and I approached the altar where he awaited for his bride. He smiled at me as Connor and I took our places, watching as Percy and Annabeth entered, then Cecil and Lou Ellen. Once everyone was in their places, Aphrodite mouthed, "10 seconds" to the pianist and entered the room. Suddenly, the large double wooden doors slammed shut as the guests gasped and turned to look back. "Ugh, that wasn't supposed to happen." Travis whispered to me as I shrugged. "Katie probably wanted to make her grand entrance! You know how she is!" I commented and he laughed lightly till another bang came from the door as an immediate look of concern flashed his face. "Yeah, this isn't no grand entrance. Something is wrong. I can feel it!" Travis said as I nodded in agreement, watching the door with worry coursing through my veins.

Katie's POV:

When Luci got close enough to me, I roundhouse kicked her in the stomach as she flew back and smashed into the wall across the room. I ran forward and swiped my sword up off the ground as she pulled herself out of the wall. "Aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!" She yelled and came full speed towards me, tackling me as we crashed through the wooden doors and broke them into pieces. We hit the ground as all of the mortal guests screamed and all of the demigod guests leapt up, scrambling to stand in front of the rows in the aisle to protect the mortals. I kicked Luci in the stomach to get her off of me and she stumbled back as I pulled myself to my feet. She glared at me and charged one more time but I spun around as the tip of my sword sliced right across her stomach. She clutched her stomach as she stumbled back and looked up at me with such hate. "This isn't over." She finished and disintegrated into gold dust as I looked towards the altar, breathing heavy with beads of sweat rolling down my face, messy hair, and a now dirty wedding dress as Travis stared at me in awe and admiration. "Sorry about that! Let's continue!" I said sheepishly as the guests looked at me like I was insane. My sword shrunk back into my ring in the palm of my hand and I slipped it back on my finger, smoothing out my dress as I nodded at the pianist. She started playing the bridal chorus as all of the demigods returned to their seats and everyone stood up. I took a step forward and began gliding gracefully down the aisle as people watched in awe, mesmerized at how unfazed I was about the whole fight that could have potentially ruined my wedding. Travis and I caught eyes and smiled at each other as I continued walking down the aisle, more than ready to marry the love of my life and spend the rest of my life with him. Today is the first day of the rest of our lives, and no one is taking that from us! 💚