Jake Cruze

Jake's POV: 

Is it wrong to be in love with your boss? I don't think so but in case you haven't figured it out, I'm in love with mine. Her name is Katie Stoll and she is the owner of the florist shop I work at in NYC. She has long auburn and bright emerald green eyes and is only a year younger than me. Today I'm going to ask her if she wants to get coffee after she closes the shop but she always closes around the time school lets out, which I never fully understood. As she was locking up the door around 2:50, I finally got the courage to ask so here goes nothing. "So Katie, would you like to get some Starbucks with me?" I asked her as she thought for a moment. "Sure! Do you mind if I invite 3 people?" She asked as she pulled out her phone and looked at me for approval. "Sure!" I responded as she smiled and texted someone. "Ok, let's go." She said as she slid her phone back in her pocket and we started walking down the street because Starbucks was only a couple blocks down. When we reached the door, I held it open for her as she thanked me and we walked up to the counter. Katie ordered a caramel latte and I got a simple coffee with milk, pulling out my debit card as Katie looked at me weirdly. "Oh no, it's on me mister!" Katie demanded as I smirked and handed the barista my card before she could even grab her wallet. "No ma'am, it's my treat." I said as she laughed and shook her head. The barista handed me my card back and we waited for our drinks to be made. When they were done, we grabbed them from the counter and sat down, waiting for Katie's guests to arrive. "I hope none of them were a boyfriend or husband." I thought to myself but my thoughts were interrupted by someone else walking into the coffee shop. I looked up and saw two teenage kids no older than 13 walk in but what really got me was they look strikingly like Katie except they had dark blue eyes instead of green. They looked around for a second and their eyes landed on us as they came over. "Hey mom!" The boy said and set her book bag down on a seat as Katie looked up at them. "Hi honey! How was school? Where's dad?" She asked as the two kids sat down. "School was good and dad went to park the car." The girl said as they started scanning the menu, trying to decide on what they want. "So Katie, who are your guests?" I asked politely, already knowing that they were clearly her kids. "Jake, meet my kids Landon and Daisy. They're twins. " She told me as she handed her daughter a 20 for their drinks. "Nice to meet you!" Landon said and shook my hand firmly as Daisy got up to order their drinks. "Nice to meet you too." I said as he smiled brightly and pulled his backpack up onto his lap. "So you work for my mom, right?" He asked as he pulled out a green folder and pulled a paper from it, handing it to Katie as she scanned it. "Yes I do. About 8 months now." I told him as Katie gasped at the paper. "A 100% on your geometry test!? That's amazing! I'm so proud of you!" She exclaimed and handed the paper back as he smiled at her. Daisy returned with their drinks and change, sitting down as she took a sip from her vanilla bean frappacino. "Mom, I got a 100 on my life science test." Daisy said proudly as Katie smiled widely. "That's my girl!" She responded as another man barged into the coffee shop and walked over to us. He bent down and kissed Katie as I felt anger surge through my veins. "Hey baby! How was work?" He asked, sitting down next to her as she smiled. "It was great. You?" She asked as he smiled back at her. "It was good!" He replied as Katie looked back at me. "Jake, this is my husband Travis!" She told me, linking hands with him as I lost all calmness "Wait, SO YOU'RE MARRIED AND HAVE KIDS!?!?!?" I practically yelled as she jumped back startled and looked at me funny. "Uh, yeah. Been married 15 years this year and have had kids for 13 years." She told me as I glared at her husband and kids. "You should be married to me and have kids with me!!!" I yelled and she frowned, narrowing her eyes at me as glowed green with fury. "That's it. For your information Mr. Cruze, I wouldn't trade my kids or husband for anything. I love them with all my heart and they are the best things that have ever happened to me! Now goodbye! Come on guys, let's go home." She said, standing up and grabbing her purse as the kids grabbed their book bags. Travis slipped an arm around Katie's waist as they walked towards the door. As her husband opened the door, Katie turned and glared at me again. "Oh, and Mr. Cruze. You're fired!" She stated as she walked out with her family and I pounded my fists on the table in anger. Now I lost the girl I love and my job. She will pay for this.

Part two coming soon!! How will Jake get his revenge?? Keep reading and find out!