Katie's Code Red

Travis's POV:

"I bet I'll beat you to the top of the rock wall later." My sister Emily poked at our brother Liam as he narrowed his eyes at her and shook his head. "I'd like to see you try." He responded and took another bite of his toast as the rest of us just rolled our eyes, knowing they're always competing as we continued to eat our breakfast. I heard familiar laugher as I looked over towards the Demeter table, noticing that my girlfriend was the only one missing among her sisters. I know it's weird to be concerned that my girlfriend missed one meal but breakfast is her absolute favorite and she almost never misses it. I finished what I left on my tray and went to put it with all the other dirty trays, finally making my way to Miranda for her daily interrogation on the whereabouts of my girlfriend. "Mirandaaaaaa." I sung as I skipped up behind her and took the seat next to her, looking at her as she rolled her eyes and bit into her strawberry. "Miranda dear, would you like to tell me what my girlfriend is up to on this wonderful morning?" I asked in a british accent as she laughed and shook her head. "Believe me, you don't want to be anywhere near her for the next few days." She said as her sisters nodded their heads in agreement. "And why is that?" I asked as she gave me the "You really want to know?" look. "She's got a Code Red." Miranda told me as my eyes got wide and I groaned, putting my face in my hands as the rest of the girls cracked up. "I feel so bad for you guys. She must've been a nightmare this morning." I said as I chuckled lightly and they all nodded. "Nightmare is an understatement." Meadow spoke up as I groaned and stood up, noticing as all of Katies looked at me in surprise. "Don't tell me you're going to visit her now.....you should probably wait a few hours because she hasn't been awake long." Poppy said as I shrugged and crossed my arms. "If I don't go see her now, she'll attack me later for not coming earlier." I said as Poppy laughed and nodded in agreement. "Yeah, you're probably right. May the odds be ever be in your favor." She said jokingly as I forced a smile and gave them a thumbs up, exiting the mess hall as I began my lengthy walk to the Demeter Cabin up the hill. I finally made it to Katie's front door and strolled right it without knocking knowing she definitely hasn't left her bed yet. I closed the door behind me quietly and made my way to Katie's bedroom, knocking lightly on her door. "Katie, my love? Are you alive?" I asked as I opened the door slowly and was immediately met with the sound of groans. "Go away." I heard Katie muffle as a sudden pillow came flying at me, hitting me in the face as I smiled and it fell down into my arms. I chuckled as I watched my girlfriend for a second, all wrapped up in the blanket I bought her as she watched Netflix on her monster-proofed laptop. "Oh come on Katie-Kat, don't be like that. I know you secretly want me to move in." I teased her as she shot me a death glare and closed her laptop, setting it on the floor as I smiled at her. I walked to the right of her bed and laid down next to her, wrapping my arms around her lower stomach where it hurts as she nuzzled closer to me. Her body fit perfectly inside of mine as I smiled and kissed her shoulder. "Better?" I asked quietly as she squirmed and turned herself towards me, looking at me with tired eyes as she smiled slightly. "Much." She responded and left a soft kiss on my lips as she buried her face in the crook of my neck. At this point I knew we weren't leaving this very spot anytime soon and I was totally okay with that.