The Night Everything Changed

Katie's POV:

"Okay, all the youngsters are in bed. Who wants to play truth or dare?"

I immediately feel my heart sink as I look up to see Lou Ellen approaching our late-night fire with a jug of her world-famous spiked ice tea in her hand. Everyone else here with me (the Stoll brothers, Miranda, Clarisse, Sasha from the Aphrodite cabin, Percy, Annabeth, Will, and Nico) cheer in excitement and I groan, hiding my face in my hands. "Nope, I'm not doing this tonight. I am out-" I'm already half standing up from the log I was sitting on when Lou flicks her hand at me and I feel her immobilizing spell washing over me from head to toe. "No way, Katie dear. You're not backing out of this one tonight. You're staying right there and participating. It's been way too long since we've been able to do this." I glare at her as she waves her hand down and I'm sitting right back on the log with Miranda. Miranda gives me a reassuring nudge with her shoulder and leans her head on my shoulder. 

"Come on, Katie-Kat. Don't tell me you're scared of a little game." The older Stoll brother taunts me and I can't even use my powers to shut him up because Lou won't let me go. "Travis, don't go teasing her now. I'll release her and let her rip you to shreds." Lou threatens as Travis's eyes immediately go wide and he looks away from me with a scowl. Annabeth snickers and winks my way as I flash her a small smirk. "Everyone is required to take a shot of this before we start. I'm going to make this round one to remember." Lou snaps her fingers and a red solo cup appears in each of our hands. "Percy, if you will?" She twists the cap off the jug and wiggles it in his direction. He pulls the liquid from the bottle and disperses it evenly into all of our cups. Lou releases me from her spell and we all look amongst each other, taking our shots all at the same time. Everyone swallows and I immediately feel a slight tingling growing in my stomach, looking around to see everyone else's matching discomfort. 

"Oh, did I forget to mention I laced this with my truth potion." Lou giggles innocently as we all begin shouting at her and she only laughs harder. "Relax, relax! I drank some too! I'm in just as much trouble as the rest of you!" She plops down on a log next to Clarisse, which is pretty ballsy of her in my opinion. She continues giggling as we all glare at her and throw our empty cups at her. "Chill out guys! This is going to be fun!" I glance at my sister and she shrugs her shoulders, leaning forward with her chin in her hands. "I vote that whoever goes first starts with Lou Ellen since she oh so graciously decided to spell us." I smirk wickedly as Lou Ellen pales almost instantly and everyone nods in agreement. 

We all mutually vote Connor to start because he is ruthless when it comes to dares. "Lou, I dare you to go pluck a mustache hair off of Dionysus." We all gasp and burst out laughing as Lou Ellen's jaw drops wide open. She grumbles a couple profanities before she stalks off towards the big house. She returns a few minutes later with a singular black mustache hair in her hand. The genuine surprise radiating from the rest of us is hard to miss as she smiles triumphantly.

The rest of the game goes like this:

Lou Ellen asks Nico if he's crushing on anyone in the Apollo cabin. He answers "Yes." and Will attempts to hide the blush creeping on his face but we already knew the answer. Lou was just taking it easy on him because she has a soft spot for him.

Nico asks Clarisse who the best fighter in camp is, knowing she assumes it's herself. She answers "Annabeth." Annabeth stifles a laugh and Percy nudges her with his shoulder as he smiles. "That's my wise girl."

Clarisse dares Connor to run into the lake in only his underwear. He returns dripping wet from head to toe and his teeth are chattering.

Connor dares Travis to go sit next to his crush. He gets up and relocates himself to the ground in-between Sasha and I. It's gotta be Sasha...right?