Aquaphobia

Hi lovlies! This part is inspired by the clip above! It's from the movie "Aquamarine" and if you've never seen it, I highly recommend it if mermaids are your thing or were your thing as a kid! This part is more Miranda and Connor because I feel like we don't see enough of them but I hope you enjoy!

Katie's POV:

It was a beautiful summer day and I sitting on my bed reading a book when Miranda suddenly burst into my room, throwing herself on my bed as she began crying. "Hey, what's going on? Talk to me!" I said quickly as I put my book on my night stand and moved closer to her, pulling her up so I could see her as she sat up. "Stacey asked Connor to go to the Spring Fling with him after he already asked me and now he's going with her." She said and began crying again as I looked at her with a questionable look. "But you guys had such a great time in the city yesterday." I told her as she shrugged and wiped her tears, looking out my window towards the beach where Connor was partying with everyone else in camp near the water. "I'm going to go talk to him." I said as Miranda looked at me with hope and nodded in approval. I exited my room and left the cabin as I made my way towards the beach, ready to strangle Connor even though he's my boyfriend's brother. I stomped through the sand as I looked around for Connor and spotted him with Stacey near the water. He looked at me as we made eye contact and gave me a questioning look, knowing I hate this beach because of what happened last summer. I walked towards him as Stacey and the other people he was with looked in my direction. "How could you do this to Miranda?!" I asked as I came up in front of him, looking up at him as he towered over me. "Uh, do what?" He said in a stuck up voice as he lightly laughed, looking at the people around us as they looked at us weirdly. "Take Stacey to the Spring Fling after you already asked Miranda." I said as he shook his head and smiled, looking towards the lake till he brought his gaze back to me. "That's because Miranda has a secret boyfriend that no one knows about. That's why she was in such a rush to get away from me when we got back from the city yesterday. She was going to meet up with him." He told me as Stacey smirked and looked away. "What are you talking abou? Miranda doesn't have a boyfriend. Who told you that?" I asked as he gave me a weird look, looking at Stacey as she frowned and refused to looked back at him. "Hey Freddy! I think the flower girl wants to go in." Stacey shouted towards an Apollo boy on the pier who was throwing the younger kids in the water with Travis. He smiled and shot her a thumbs up as Stacey smirked at me. "Oh really? Go in where?" I asked as I rolled my eyes and Freddy suddenly came up to me, throwing me over his shoulder as I began screaming. "In the lake!" Freddy shouted as he began walking towards the pier with me screaming over his shoulder. "Hey Freddy! Knock it off! Put her down!" Connor yelled as I continued screaming and pounding his back, catching Travis's attention as he ran in our direction. "Ok, ok, relax. Jeez, what's with all the screaming?" He asked and set me down on the pier as Travis reached me, pulling me to my feet and hugging me as tears brimmed my eyes. "Shhh, you're ok babe. I got you." He said soothingly and brushed down my hair as I cried softly, shaking a little as he lead me off the pier and towards my cabin.

Connor's POV:

"Shhh, you're ok babe. I got you." My brother said calmly as he embraced Katie and tried to comfort her. She was shaking lightly and crying as Travis lead her away from the water, taking her back to her cabin as I glared at Stacey. "Wow, can't take a joke?" She said with an annoyed voice as she watched Travis take Katie back to her cabin and looked back at me. "What's the matter with you!?" I yelled as she rolled her eyes and laughed lightly. "Oh please. She was looking for attention." She said bluntly as I shook my head and glared at her. "She's scared and you know it too! You were there last summer when Travis carried her out of the water with no heartbeat! You do realize she nearly died because she got tangled in seaweed saving her younger sister who couldn't swim, right?!" I yelled as she scoffed and refused to meet my angry gaze. "Apparently you can't take a joke either." She said quickly to justify her actions as I rolled my eyes. "Jokes are meant to be funny." I said coldly and walked away as she grunted in frustration and stomped off towards Freddy at the end of the pier. I walked all the way to Cabin 4 and knocked on the front door when I reached it. I waited a few seconds till Miranda opened the and gave me a small smile, already knowing what happened as she walked out and closed the door behind her. "Hey, I should have checked with you before believing anything Stacey tells me. You'd think I'd know by now." I said sheepishly as I scratched the back of my neck and she sat on the railing of the porch, giggling as I smiled shyly at her. "Yeah, you would think." She said as I laughed and leaned against the porch post next to her, looking into her gorgeous emerald green eyes. "So are we still on for tomorrow night?" I asked her as she smiled and nodded, grabbing the collar of my shirt and pulling so I was right in front of her. "You bet." She stated and wrapped her legs around my hips as she kissed me, running her fingers through my hair as I placed one hand on the railing for stability and wrapped my free arm around her waist. She giggled as we pulled apart and pressed her forehead to mine, wrapping her arms around my neck as I helped her down. "Good because I wouldn't want to go with anyone else." I told her as she smiled and kissed my cheek. "Me neither." She said as we both smiled and she lead me inside where Katie and Travis were waiting for us.