Hectic Mornings

Travis' POV:

"Come on Connor. Time to wake up." I stood over my younger brother while he continued to snooze away, drool dropping from his wide open mouth. Since Connor can't ever wake himself up, I decided cold water is the only thing that would wake him up. One day, he'll regret begging Chiron to make me share my counselors room just because he's my full sibling. I walked to the bathroom connected to our room and grabbed the cup sitting on the sink, filling it to the rim with ice cold water. 

I walked back to his bed and dumped the entire cup right in his face. I stumbled back in surprise when he shot up from his pillows. "What the Hades was that for!?!" He wiped the water from his eyes and opened them, finally seeing his gorgeous older brother standing over him hysterically laughing. "Maybe you'll start waking up when I tell you to." I told him, earning a glare as I laughed, not caring about the tears forming in my eyes. He threw a pillow at me and finally got up as he walked towards the bathroom, probably to take a quick warm shower. 

Now that one sibling was awake, I have to wake up the remaining ones. "Ok everyone. Time to get up!" I announced, walking out of my bedroom and turning on the lights. Only Hermes' littlest campers, identical triplets Emma, Ellie, and Evie were already up and causing mischievous. Was that really the best Dad could come up with names for IDENTICAL triplets? I spotted them leaning over Liams bunk tickling his nose with a feather. I watched for a second till Liams hand suddenly swung up and he smacked himself in the face. I stifled a laugh, my cheeks blowing up with my breath as the girls squealed and ran. Normally I'd put an end to the early morning mischief in our cabin but those girls have been through so much, I let their harmless pranks go even though we have a pact as Hermes kids not to prank each other and to only terrorize everyone else. Their mother died giving birth to them so Dad had to take them and bring them to camp as newborns. That was 3 years ago next month.

 "Good morning!" I exclaimed and they scrambled over to me, lining up like soldiers. "Hi Tavie." I smiled at my nickname because they couldn't quite say my name yet. I stooped down to their level while Ellie examined everyone else, who all completely ignored the lights and continued sleeping. She gave me a questioning look and I smirked, pulling out the airhorn I had hidden behind my back. All 3 girls smirked: the infamous Hermes smirk, and their mischievous glint returned to their eyes. They are definitely daughters of Hermes. I gave them a moment to cover their ears and I blew the horn. Almost every sibling of ours jolted awake, some shooting from their pillows the same way Connor did.

Before anyone could scold me for waking them up so violently, the alarm started blaring outside and everyones eyes grew wide, knowing what that meant this early in the morning. "Stay here. You DO NOT leave this cabin. Do you hear me?" I asked and everyone shook their heads yes. Still in my pajamas, I ran outside and slammed the door behind me. I glanced at the Demeter cabin and spotted my girlfriend in front of her cabin talking with Miranda, staring intensely at the woods behind the strawberry fields to the right of their cabin. "Get back inside!!! Close that door NOW!!!" She suddenly demanded to her little sister Iris, who was standing at the doorway looking out with a curious expression. She quickly shut the door and Katie looked towards my cabin, shooting a nervous smile and small wave at me when she spotted me. I began to make my way towards her when the ground rumbled lightly do to the activity happening at the barrier. I knew a traitor was going to let in whatever was out there any minute now.

I made it a couple more steps when 3 large furies burst through the barrier and flew towards the camp at full speed. Everyone scattered while they screamed and I immediately booked it towards Katie and Miranda. "MIRANDA!!! INSIDE NOW!!!!" Katie screamed and shoved her sister towards their cabin. Iris quickly opened the door and slammed it shut when Miranda made it inside. "KATIE, RUN!!!!!" I yelled to my girlfriend and she turned on her heel, running towards me to lure the furies away from her cabin with an easy target.