Dodgeball: Demigod style! - Part 2

Previously............

Almost immediately, he blew the whistle and all the Hermes boys ran towards the center at full speed as all everybody prepared themselves. This is gonna be one long game.  

I watched as Travis quickly grabbed a ball and launched towards Evanora, a young Hecate girl. She screamed and immediately formed a force field around herself, watching as the ball bounced off and hit the ground. We all paused and watched as the grenade exploded and sent out a burst of energy like a normal grenade. Now that it was free game, Lou Ellen quickly picked it up as everyone resumed what they were doing. She launched it at me and I smirked, knowing that she was coming for me. I made an 'x' with my arms in front of me and vines shot up from the floor in front of me. They caught the ball and whipped it back at her as her eyes widened. "NO!!!" She screamed as it hit her in the chest and exploded. The Hecate cabin gasped as the explosion threw Lou Ellen back and she hit the ground, groaning as she laid there. "Lou Ellen, you're out!" Chiron announced as she gave him a thumbs up and pulled herself to her feet, walking over to the sidelines. "Sorry darling!" I exclaimed to my best friend as I winked and she smiled back. "No problem Katie dear! I'm fine!" She said as I nodded and got back into battle mode. I quickly picked up up a dodgeball that was next to me and whipped it at Jack, Travis's little brother. Too bad he used his speed and dodged it, watching as it hit the ground behind him. I watched as it exploded and knocked some people over. After a good 30 minutes, our team finally won when we got the last person out. "Ok! That ends round one! The victory goes to the red team!" Chiron announced as we cheered and our teammates who were out came over to celebrate with us. "Now for the second round! As you guys know, your powers are forbidden in this round." Chiron told us as we nodded and Lou Ellen looked at me. "I'm coming for you Katie. You better watch out." She said as I smirked. "Give it your best shot." I said as she smirked right back and Chiron blew the whistle. Once again, the Hermes boys ran forward and started the game. It was all quiet around me till I spotted a ball coming right at me. I quickly did a back handspring and stuck my landing, watching as the ball bounced where I was once standing and exploded. The energy almost knocked me over but I stood my ground, spotting another ball soaring towards me. I yelped as it hit me in the shoulder and exploded, sending me flying backwards till I hit the ground. "Katie, you're out!" Chiron announced as I nodded and picked myself up. "Sorry Katie dear!" Lou Ellen shouted as I realized that it was her who threw the ball and I laughed. "No worries darling. I'm unharmed." I told her as she nodded and focused herself again. I stood on the sidelines and watched the rest of the round till the last person on our team was hit, ending the game. "The victory goes to the blue team!" Chiron announced as they began to cheer and we all came onto the gym floor again. "Now for the final round. You may choose one person on your team to be your partner and you must work together to protect each other powerless." Chiron said as Travis looked at me and smirked. "KATIE!!!!! YOU'RE MY PARTNER!!!!!! NO IFS, ANDS, OR BUTS." Travis yelled as I laughed and nodded. We all took our places and Chiron blew the whistle as the Hermes boys ran forward again. Travis and I stayed back as dodgeballs began to fly all over the place, exploding and knocking people over. Suddenly, Travis spotted a ball coming right for me and pulled me towards him, causing the ball to miss me and explode behind us. "Thanks! I said as he kissed me lightly and we got back into battle mode. I watched as someone from the opposite team threw a ball but it went to high and I knew this was our chance. "Travis, up there!" I shouted and he saw the ball soaring in the air. He nodded, understanding my plan as I ran at him. He got down on one knee and linked his fingers together as I stepped on his hands, launching me up as I sliced through the air. I quickly caught the ball and spun in the air, whipping it back and it exploded in the middle of the field. It knocked the whole team over as I started falling with my back to the ground. Travis quickly caught me bridal style and set me on my feet again as the blue team looked at us with surprise, still laying on the ground and shocked by our teamwork. "NOW!!!!!!!!"  I yelled, pointing at the blue team as all of our teammates threw dodgeballs at the blue team. They watched in fear as the balls came flying at them and each person was hit, causing multiple explosions at once as people were thrown around. When everything calmed down, the whole blue team was laying on the ground groaning as Chiron looked our team in surprise. "That was quite impressive. The whole blue team is out, which means red takes the win of this round and the entire game!" Chiron announced as we all cheered and joined together in a huge group. "Ok blue team, since you lost, you will have to resume training tomorrow against the Aphrodite cabin but I'm sure it will be an easy win." He said and winked as the entire gym burst into laughter. "Well, congrats red team. You have passed your grenade training. You may now all head to dinner!" Chiron said as we all thanked him and made our way to the dining pavilion. "That was fun." Travis commented as I smiled and nodded. "It was. I'm just worried about how much more smarter monsters will get." I said as Travis nodded. "Yeah, I am too. No matter what challenge we face, we will face it together. Ok?" He asked as I looked at him and smiled, nodding as he kissed my forehead. "Now let's go eat!" He said as scooped me up bridal style and I giggled, holding on as he ran towards the dining pavilion. Good thing too. I'm hungry. ;)

Hey guys! I know this is not as good but when I realized it has been a whole week since I updated, I freaked out and wrote this as quick as possible! Well, that's all I have for you! Till next time, my darlings!