Chapter 3: The New Kid (Woo's POV) ; Unusual friend at a unusual time?

[ The Same Day ]

Woo's POV:

*buzz buzz buzz*

Wooyoung's phone rang annoyingly as the black hair boy groaned, shutting the alarm off.

"Woo get your ass up right now! You're going to be late!" His mom opened the curtain letting the morning into his room.

"Five more minutes mom." Woo wined, putting his face into the pillow, avoiding the sun's brightness.

"Aren't you forgetting you're helping someone today?? Your "friend" Seonghwa?" His mom raised her eyebrows.

Woo shot up looking at his mom, "OMG why didn't you just say that earlier?! He threw on his clothes he picked from last night, did his bathroom routine, grabbed the bread his mother bought yesterday and headed out the door with a small slam.

Woo's mom shake her head, smiling, "Kids these days"

Woo ran towards the street corner, spotting a boy shyly leaning against a sign. "BOO!" Woo tried scaring the boy but no luck.

"Oh you're here." the person cooly said, shoving his headphones in his pocket.

"Awwhhh you no fun! Want some bread?" Showing the half eaten bread to Hwa's face.

"Ugh you're always eating bread. And no, I'm good, thanks. I don't like to eat breakfast." Putting his hand up, denying the bread.

"Hey, don't hate on my bread. Bread is the best!" Woo kissed his bread. "It's not good to not eat breakfast. Actually we don't have time for breakfast, we got to go otherwise we'll be late for school. Let's go!" Grabbing Hwa's hand without thought, both running towards the school with the flow of students.

The two boys scrambled to school not wanting to be late for their first class. After helping Seonghwa to his class, Woo headed to his also. However, passing a random classroom, he heard people talking about his new "friend".

"Oh hey, did you hear that we have a new student?" ?? asked

"Really? This late into the year?" ??? asked, shaking his head. "We only have like a month left of school. I'm not sure he'll fit in."

"Anyone one here know his name?" ?? asked

"I do." Woo skipped into the classroom even though it wasn't his. "His name is Seonghwa. He's quite handsome." Woo blushed at the last sentence.

"How do you know, kid?" Seoho asked with curiosity.

"This kid has a name and it's Jung Wooyoung." Woo points at himself. "Wait, aren't you my brother's ex's friend? Doesn't matter, I won't tell you guys how I met him anyways." Sticking his tongue out before scrambling off to class.

"Why isn't anyone talking about my hyung (older brother)?" Woo thought to himself but was disturbed by a boy running into him, almost knocking Woo down.

"Oh I'm so sorry. My friend was chasing me and I had to get to safety. I'm sure you don't care haha. I know you probably don't know my name even though we're in the same class for the whole school year but it's ok, I get it. I don't know everyone's name here either. You're Wooyoung right? My name is Seo Changbin."

"Nice to meet you formally, Changbin..." Woo made a "wtf just happened" face, extending his hand to shake Changbin's hand.

"Changbin, get to your seat now. Class is starting" the teacher yelled

"Yes ma'am." Changbin politely responded but rolled his eyes in annoyance.

[ After class ]

"All right guys, class is over but remember you have lots of homework and I better see them all complete next class." the teacher shouted over the top of the student's shuffling and talking.

"So hey, are you busy after school or this weekend?" Changbin asked Woo, stuffing his bag with his messy note paper.

"Actually yeah I am, sorry. Maybe Sunday? I'm really not sure. Why were you asking?"

"Oh no, that's totally fine. I was just asking since I don't really have friends to play games with." Changbin fake pouted

"What are you talking about? You're pretty popular. I thought you had a lot of friends." Woo slang his backpack over his shoulder, walking out of the classroom followed by Changbin close behind.

I mean yeah but like they always ditch me for their girlfriends. And yeah I know what you're going to say, "aren't all the girls drooling over you?" And yes you're right, but I'm picky when it comes to that. See?" Changbin pointed at a crowded girl yelling at him and taking pictures. "Anyways got to go. See ya later." Changbin quickly waved at Woo then ran to his friends.

Woo thought it was weird that that guy just started talking to him considering he hadn't spoken a peep the whole year to him. But Woo thought it was nice to have another friend.

Reaching to a class which was not his but Hwa's, he did not see him there and asked the teacher if she had seen him. The teacher told Woo that the new kid already left with someone else. As Woo was rounding the corner to Hwa's next class to make sure he got there, he saw another guy next to him. This made Woo's heart sink so he slowly backed away and walked to his next class. Once again, as the second class ended, Woo went to Hwa's classroom, again not finding him yet again. Woo decided to just leave him alone since he didn't text for help.

[ After School ]

"So yeah, that's how I got into basketball and started playing it in year 1 of middle school. What sports do you like?" Changbin asked, walking very close to Woo.

"I play soccer. Been playing it since I was young though." Woo was getting slightly annoyed at his new friend.

"HEY! YOO!" Changbin aggressively waved to his friends at the basketball court. "Hey I gotta go. I'll see you tomorrow."

Woo sighed a big relief seeing Changbin running to his friends, finally leaving him alone. At last, peace and quiet. Seeing Hwa standing by the sign they once stood earlier this morning, Woo jogged towards him. "BOO!" Woo tried once again scaring Hwa but this time, he didn't even react. He didn't even put his phone away when he started walking towards home.

"What's up with you?" Woo tried to catch up to him.

"You don't need me, you have your friend." Hwa said in a pout

"Ohhh I see. Someone is jealous. You have new friends too" Woo pointed out. "Felix" the name rolled out of his tongue.

"What? How do you know?" Hwa looked up, puzzled.

"I saw you walking closely with him to the cafeteria. You didn't even text me! Guess we were both jealous. Hey, you want to come to my house and study?" Woo asked which Hwa nodded happily.