Chapter 47: Handsome? ; A New Friend

[ Later that night ]

Hwa was watching TV when Joong snuck out of his room.

"Excuse doctor. I was wondering if there is an estimated time when Hwa could go home."

"I'm sorry but I don't know if he's mentally ready for that. Dr. Hanbin has to assess that." The nurse said in a apologetic expression. 

"I understand. It's just that I feel like he may be happier at home or at least feel more comfortable at home."

"I understand what you're saying but we still need to ask Dr. Hanbin about all this. We will discuss this tomorrow. Get some rest, Joong."

"Joong, where were you? I noticed you were gone when I tried to reach for your hand. Come, I want cuddles." Making a puppy face.

Joong couldn't help but giggle, giving his hand for Hwa to hold and his shoulder to lay on. The moment when all of Hwa's focus was on the TV, Joong sneakily gave Hwa a small kiss on the side of his head.

With his eyes closed, Joong was absorbing the peaceful moment with his cheeks against Hwa's hair when all of the sudden he felt Hwa slapping his leg.

"Joong Joong Joong! Look! Isn't Lee Minho so handsome? Joong could see the sparkle in Hwa's eyes as it was glued to the TV, showing LOY8LTY's member Minho performing on stage with his hair wet and wearing a sheer top.

Joong pouted, turning Hwa's gaze from the TV to him. "How about me? Aren't I better?"

Hwa giggled, cupping Joong's face in his hands. To Joong, it felt like a slow mo as he watched Hwa lean in, making his warm lips touch Joong's. At first Joong was shocked but slowly gave in, kissing back. As the kiss deepened, feeling more comfortable, he closed his eyes, feeling the fuzzy feeling wash over him.

When he opened his eyes again, his eyes were met with the clock's long hands at 11 and the short hands at 6, making it 11:35 PM. Confused, he looked down, seeing a blanket on his stomach which wasn't there before with his hands still holding Hwa's.

Then he heard Hwa's voice. "You fell asleep. I didn't want you to feel cold." That's when he realized...the kiss was all a dream.

"Do you think Lee Minho is handsome?" Joong asked with a tint of a question mark, eyes watching the TV where Minho was performing with a black suit and sheer black top inderneath.

Looking up at Joong with furrowed brows, "Hm? Suddenly? No, not really...well I mean he is, as a person. But I don't feel like that towards him. Why?" Turning his head to Joong who was looking away. "Besides I'm not ready." (Meaning he hasn't moved on yet.)

"Do you think I am?" Averting his eyes away from Hwa as if he was afraid to face him.

He tilted his head, "Of course you are -"

Joong's eyes sparkled only for a second then Hwa said,

"-you're my best friend."

Joong looked down at his nervous hands, hiding the sadness in his eyes. "Why did I ever think I had a chance?" He said to himself in his head. "Right." That's all he could say, nodding. Before Hwa could say anything else, Joong laid Hwa down, pulling the blanket up. "You should get some rest."

[ Next day ]

Today was the day Hwa would be released from the hospital. Unfortunately all paperworks wouldn't be ready till the afternoon. During this time, Joong decided to meet up with Yeonjun at a restaurant.

"Hey Joong! How are things going?" Running to where Joong was sitting.

"Yeah it actually is. Hwa is going home this afternoon. I'm just scared he might relapse or I might not do my best job taking care of him." Spilling his worries to his new found friend.

"It's going to be ok. You're already doing your best. Also you're not doing this alone. You have Seoho and now you have me!" Jun cheerfully sat down on the opposite side with his coffee. "Also sorry I couldn't meet you yesterday, I had something important to go."

"May I ask, where were you?" Joong asked curiously.

"Um, visiting my sister." Jun nervously answered, wiping off the water droplets on his cup.

"Why do you say that as a bad thing?" Looking at Jun who stared at his drink.

"Because she passed away two months ago...a couple days after our graduation actually." Nodding sadly.

"I'm so sorry for your loss." Caressing Jun's arm.

"It's ok. My sister passed away from cancer. She was the happiest, most cheerful sister ever. She even smiled through her pain and all the treatments. I don't understand how she was so upbeat throughout all that shit." Shaking his head.

"She wanted you and your parents not to worry about her. She didn't want you guys to be sad."

"Yeah she didn't. And she wouldn't want me to talk about her like this. Let's talk about something more cheerful. What are you going to do after bringing Seonghwa home?" Changing his expression into a smile.

"Seoho and I bought him tons of flowers to brighten up his room. We were also thinking of redoing his room however he wants." Joong clapped excitedly

"Joong, you shouldn't worry about not doing a good job taking care of him. You're already gone way beyond just caring. You're willing to change his room for him and make him as comfortable as he could be." Jun reassured him.

"Thank you Jun. I really needed that boost of confidence. By the way I was going to ask you, was the girl picking you up from school your sister?"

Jun nodded slowly, "Yeah it was. I told her not to wear that bright yellow cap since it's easy to spot but she said it's the color of happiness. She never goes anywhere without it. But also because she wanted to cover up her hair loss."

Joong bobbed his head to say he understood. "Everytime your sister showed up at the gate, people kept murmuring how beautiful she was."

Jun giggled, "Yeah she gets that so much. Strangers would stop and compliment her. People always get her age wrong. She's older than people think she is."

"Is she 4 years older than you?" Joong tried making a guess.

Jun laughed out loud, "No but that's what a lot of people think she is. She was 28."

Joong's eyes widened, "WHAT? She looks so young!"

"I know right. Everyone thinks she's 23. I sometimes think I look older than her. I used to be very jealous of her. I'm just glad she's in a better place...without so much pain." Smiling through the thought of all the pain his sister went through.

"Hey, let's cheer up." Shaking Jun's arm to shake him out of his sad state. "I was just wondering but you were friends with Felix and Changbin right?"

"I wasn't friends with them but we talked. Why do you ask?" Jun took a sip of his iced coffee.

"Oh then nevermind. I should get going. I need to check up on how Seoho is doing with the house." Waving a farewell to Jun. 

A/n: Hi again haha double upload since you deserve it.